IGNORED

EP Newsdesk

chalky

Has anybody else contacted the newsdesk after seeing page 2 of the EP post today? I inhaled the CS on tuesday and my throat has been in a lot of pain since and I contacted them today. They are really keen to run a story on me and my mates......

Has anybody else contacted the newsdesk after seeing page 2 of the EP post today? I inhaled the CS on tuesday and my throat has been in a lot of pain since and I contacted them today. They are really keen to run a story on me and my mates......

I am happy to give my account of the situation as well. Contact me if you want my story.

I am happy to give my account of the situation as well. Contact me if you want my story.

Cheers for that, I will do. For those of you who are interested here is my account......

I stood on the terrace with a few mates at the very front along with 800 other city fans whilst the other thousand where in the steated tent behind the goal. About ten minutes from the end when we were 1-0 down a lot of riot police (RP) lined up in front of us so they were almost touching one another with a row of stewards behind them. This stretched all the way round to the seated area aswell I believe but I don't think it was as heavily policed as the terrace section. There had only been one steward for the whole terrace watching us up to about the 70th minute when gradually more stewards arrived and formed a line. This one steward was really good actually as he joined in with a bit of banter and was generally quite friendly.

The final whistle went and understandably the scum were extremely happy and a few of their fans broke onto the pitch in celebration. A few minutes later I would guess about 400/500 were on the pitch with little or no attempt to apprehend any of them. So we are all penned in being watched by many HSN and RP and Mounted etc. while scum were all over the pitch having a party. Obviously we were very annoyed at this and felt intimidated as to the way we were monitored. I started screaming at the HSN and RP about how they were watching us when all the scum were on the pitch and that their time and effort could be used more wisely!

This video illustrates my point slighty better about how they were allowed to invade the pitch. Notice how there was barely any stewards watching the fans behind their goal who were clearly planning on getting onto the pitch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ8lqwaiC7Y

Anyway, things started to turn very nasty after this when many city fans were mad at why the rovers fans were getting away with it like the angels they are made out to be and the RP started getting their truncheons out (the metal ones that break your leg, forgot what they are called...?). They were cracking them against the from of the terrace on the metal bars and getting very abusive and threatening! This evoked a nasty response in return which promted one of the RP to produce his CS gas spray and holding it at arms length whilst screaming at the city fans who were screaming abuse at them. The spray was sprayed, though not at me it managed to get to me through the wind and I unfortunately inhaled it. It tasted and smelt like really strong perfume and my throat is still in a lot of pain now. My mate got it in the eyes and another mate has also had severe pains in his throat since. There were people throwing up and children crying their eyes out, I have never seen anything like it! The police completely aggravated the situation and towards the end of it fans were kicking in the horadings, spitting and them and generally going mad. These however weren't necessarily you're trouble makers these were mums and dads who were appalled at our treatment! There were alot of fans who were very mad telling the police they were going to complain, they were going to lose their jobs etc. which were responded with effing and blinding with more physical threats!

A number of city stewards were there as they normally play a large part in stewarding the local games and I was speaking to them outside the ground after where the coaches were and they were appalled with how the police treated us and also had noted numbers of scum stewards who took part in goading us. I still find it hard to believe the way we were treated just two nights ago and have got in touch with the Evening post (local newspaper) who want to run a story on it. I have been in so much pain from my throat along with my mate and am not prepared to let those animals get a way with what they did!

Archived