IGNORED

Hardcore basso fans

94th Minute

In the east end, did anyone else notice them?! Managed to keep quiet for most of the game...but in about the 33rd minute, just after carey had given away a freekick on the left wing. The ball was crossed in, bounced around the area dangerously for a few seconds, before falling on the 6 yard box line...as basso jumped on it, to clear up the danger, did anyone else hear those fans going mental in the east end.....WAS LIKE THEY'D SCORED, never seen any group of people go so mental over a keeper saving the ball (Penalties, especially shootouts excluded), they must really love that bloke

I think you would find that they were away fans, in the away section of the ground.

Nothing to do with basso fans, i just want to know what the Northampton fans were cheering about,

Wierd how 500 Cobblers fans were in there, not sat with their fellow fans...and wearing City hats and scarves..

:whistle2:

in my honest opinion, i thought they were celebrating because the northampton players had there hands up in the air to appeal againest a hand ball situation all the way up the ayteo stand and the cobblers fans seeing all the cobblers plays with their hands up in the air thought they were given a penalty or funnily enough given a goal

in my honest opinion, i thought they were celebrating because the northampton players had there hands up in the air to appeal againest a hand ball situation all the way up the ayteo stand and the cobblers fans seeing all the cobblers plays with their hands up in the air thought they were given a penalty or funnily enough given a goal

Exactly what happened. And very funny it was too.

I think you would find that they were away fans, in the away section of the ground.

Nothing to do with basso fans, i just want to know what the Northampton fans were cheering about,

Wierd how 500 Cobblers fans were in there, not sat with their fellow fans...and wearing City hats and scarves..

:whistle2:

The fans that were cheering were on the right hand side of the east end, they were away fans.

I'm sorry, I lied, infact I was aware all along that the fans were supporting the away team, and that they were infact not Basso fans, I would like to appologise to all of you, for showing that you were gulliable enough to think there were 500+ 'Basso Fans' who had turned up, just to celerbrate on persons saves, even though I thought originally that this was such a ludicrous idea, that no one would beleive it, and in some way it might be comic, I now realise it was a stupid thing to say, and it turns out we've all embarressed ourselves....

On a brighter note, well done to dezgimed and Kingpin, who used their brains on this occasion, and realised that these 'Hardcore basso fans' were infact away fans

I thought they were celebrating when they saw Basso nearest the ball and thought it was a certain goal... well Basso had very dark green on and their team very dark blue and from a distance they couldn't tell he wasn't one of their's!

He did chance for the 2nd half though.

Archived