IGNORED

Wilson's booking

RedLionLad

Anyone think it's wrong for a player to get booked for 'over celebrating' a goal that is disallowed?

Wilson would have known that removing his shirt after he thought he had scored would get him booked....but with the goal being ruled out for being offside, the booking now seems a bit unfair.

Anyone got a view on this?

I still think Noble should have slotted it past the keeper, like he did at the Riverside.

Anyone think it's wrong for a player to get booked for 'over celebrating' a goal that is disallowed?

Wilson would have known that removing his shirt after he thought he had scored would get him booked....but with the goal being ruled out for being offside, the booking now seems a bit unfair.

I still think Noble should have slotted it past the keeper, like he did at the Riverside.

Yes because technically the ball is dead, and the game stopped, as soon as the refs whistle goes for the free kick. If you can then get booked for having your shirt off, then surely players should get booked for removing their shirts at the end of the game, to swap with opposing players etc. Having said that, and having only seen it "live", I thought it was one of the most ridiculous disallowed goals of the season. I think that Wilson was behind the ball when it was played so must be onside, but I would like to see it again.

If I was manager of a club I would fine my players for taking off their shirt. I don't understand why anyone does it because its a guaranteed yellow card and overall completely pointless.

Well its a good job you arent a manager then, because the players might be sat in rocking chairs knitting a sweater.

Its a display of passion, and joy for scoring a goal. Not completely pointless.

If I was manager of a club I would fine my players for taking off their shirt. I don't understand why anyone does it because its a guaranteed yellow card and overall completely pointless.

So would I.....I'd have a list of do's and don't's with a fine attached to each one.

We may suffer in later games because of such actions.

Well its a good job you arent a manager then, because the players might be sat in rocking chairs knitting a sweater.

Please don't tell me you'd congratulate him on earning a yellow card whilst chasing promotion :disapointed2se:

Please don't tell me you'd congratulate him on earning a yellow card whilst chasing promotion :disapointed2se:

Nope i'd say ''Sorry lad but you are the unfourtunate victim of a stupid rule made by pencil pushing stiffs in the FA''

To me, its not as daft as Carey being booked for screaming abuse at the ref after decking an opponent.

Nope i'd say ''Sorry lad but you are the unfourtunate victim of a stupid rule made by pencil pushing stiffs in the FA''

To me, its not as daft as Carey being booked for screaming abuse at the ref after decking an opponent.

But the rules is the rules no matter how stupid you think they are.

He should be telling his manager how sorry HE is.

Who, Carey or Wilson?

Either way, Brian might be for all we know.

Both are as bad as each other....they both picked up needless yellow cards today.

Carey should know that he has to walk away and keep his mouth shut. He can't afford to keep getting booked. He'll end up missing games and Bristol City will suffer because of it.

Both are as bad as each other....they both picked up needless yellow cards today.

Carey should know that he has to walk away and keep his mouth shut. He can't afford to keep getting booked. He'll end up missing games and Bristol City will suffer because of it.

Agreed. I suppose Brian is just young and naieve, Carey should really know better.

Your missing the point. Everyone knows, and accepts , that taking off your shirt to celebrate a goal is a booking. No problem with that. The question was, is it a booking to remove your shirt when a goal HASN'T been scored, as in this case.

Agreed. I suppose Brian is just young and naieve, Carey should really know better.

If it was a 50/50 challenge and the ref says it was a foul then a yellow card is part and parcel of that....but screaming whatever at the ref and removing a shirt are needless and can damage our chances of promotion.

How many yellows has Carey picked up this season? Anyone counting?

It is completely pointless. There are other ways to show passion, e.g kissing the badge etc.

What the hell is the point in taking your shirt off when you know damn well you are going to get booked for it.

Where's the need to take off shirts? Or maybe you just wanted to see his masculine body. :surrender:

Your missing the point. Everyone knows, and accepts , that taking off your shirt to celebrate a goal is a booking. No problem with that. The question was, is it a booking to remove your shirt when a goal HASN'T been scored, as in this case.

Laws of Association Football 2006/7

Law 12 - Fouls and Misconduct

Decision 6 of the International FA Board

"A player who removes his jersey when celebrating a goal must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour."

"A player who removes his jersey when celebrating a goal must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour."

Still doesn't clear up what I was trying to say.....

The goal was disallowed, so if that doesn't count.....why should the booking?

It is completely pointless. There are other ways to show passion, e.g kissing the badge etc.

What the hell is the point in taking your shirt off when you know damn well you are going to get booked for it.

Where's the need to take off shirts? Or maybe you just wanted to see his masculine body. :surrender:

Couldnt see him from my seat. Thank god.

Its just a little bit of excitement, look at Giggs' goal against Arsenal, waving the shirt is just releasing excitement.

The rules should allow it if its the players first goal for the club maybe?? Would make sense.

Couldnt see him from my seat. Thank god.

Its just a little bit of excitement, look at Giggs' goal against Arsenal, waving the shirt is just releasing excitement.

The rules should allow it if its the players first goal for the club maybe?? Would make sense.

What if Wilson had already been booked?

He then would have got sent off for celebrating a goal that doesn't even count.

How stupid is that?

What if Wilson had already been booked?

He then would have got sent off for celebrating a goal that doesn't even count.

How stupid is that?

Very, I doubt if he was already booked then he would do it.

If we does it, then commits a yellow card offense then its just harsh ruling.

But he did'nt score a goal, maybe he was booked for attempted unsporting behaviour. :dunno:

I see where your coming from, offside, so ball dead, so no booking, though if Brian had suddenly had a brawl after the 'goal' with a Northampton defender they would still have both got sent off.

Its like a foul is given, ball is dead then big centre half hoofs it into Row Z he is still booked for kicking the ball away.

I see where your coming from, offside, so ball dead, so no booking, though if Brian had suddenly had a brawl after the 'goal' with a Northampton defender they would still have both got sent off.

Its like a foul is given, ball is dead then big centre half hoofs it into Row Z he is still booked for kicking the ball away.

If the goal is disallowed....... he's not celebrating anything, is he?

I don't know. It just seems wrong in my book.

Archived