IGNORED

Is the league still winnable?

Guest Ron

This will probably be much easier to answer on Tuesday week, but the point stands that if we were to win all of our games from now until the end of the season, that S****horpe only have to lose 1 and draw 1 (although realistically lose 2) to put us level on points with them and in contention for the league. With a fairly straight forward run-in for City, having played all of the top 8 away from home, and S****horpe yet to play Tranmere and Blackpool on the road, is it really too late for City to mount a challenge for the title?

yes i think we can we the league we have to games in handed and 11 ponits behind all we need 2 wins 5 points i think we can do it if we keep on playing well i think that we could win the league and why cant we

we have the players the manger and the fans so come on city lets go and win the league 1 and get in the championship and go somewhere becuase we have been in league 1 two long

i think 5 more games and we can go top of the league the big games comeing up is going to be forest yeovil swansea i think if we win them 3 and we about 7 more we will go up

i think we can be the best side in the league s****horpe are not the best yea maybe they are 11 ponits clear of us but we can do it this is are season

yes i think we can we the league we have to games in handed and 11 ponits behind all we need 2 wins 5 points i think we can do it if we keep on playing well i think that we could win the league and why cant we

we have the players the manger and the fans so come on city lets go and win the league 1 and get in the championship and go somewhere becuase we have been in league 1 two long

i think 5 more games and we can go top of the league the big games comeing up is going to be forest yeovil swansea i think if we win them 3 and we about 7 more we will go up

i think we can be the best side in the league s****horpe are not the best yea maybe they are 11 ponits clear of us but we can do it this is are season

League tables don`t generally lie. Scunny may not be the best side but they are the most consistent. Too far ahead in my opinion, 2nd the reality.

PDG

This will probably be much easier to answer on Tuesday week, but the point stands that if we were to win all of our games from now until the end of the season, that S****horpe only have to lose 1 and draw 1 (although realistically lose 2) to put us level on points with them and in contention for the league. With a fairly straight forward run-in for City, having played all of the top 8 away from home, and S****horpe yet to play Tranmere and Blackpool on the road, is it really too late for City to mount a challenge for the title?

I don't think it really matters. Finishing second gives you the same prize as finishing top, apart maybe from a little extra prize money, and that obviously is not a relevance to the management after the limp display against Rovers and losing our place in the final. We are so desperate for promotion that S****horpe can go quite merrily on their way, and we would happily settle for second place.

I don't think it really matters. Finishing second gives you the same prize as finishing top, apart maybe from a little extra prize money, and that obviously is not a relevance to the management after the limp display against Rovers and losing our place in the final. We are so desperate for promotion that S****horpe can go quite merrily on their way, and we would happily settle for second place.

I totally agree with you, but City have never won this division in their history, believe it or not :mellow:

S****HORPE MIGHT AS WELL BE CROWNED CHAMPIONS.

Cannot for one moment see them blowing it well done they show no mercy over the season in killing teams off.

Something we need to learn.

Second spot is the aim

Win the games in hand, put a bit of pressure on them and 5 points could be made up.

Scunny's remaining games:

Home to Forest

Away at Brighton

Away to Orient

Home to Bradford

Home to Yeovil

Away to Northampton

Home to Huddersfield

Away to Tranmere

Away to Blackpool

Home to Carlisle

Win the games in hand, put a bit of pressure on them and 5 points could be made up.

Scunny's remaining games:

Home to Forest

Away at Brighton

Away to Orient

Home to Bradford

Home to Yeovil

Away to Northampton

Home to Huddersfield

Away to Tranmere

Away to Blackpool

Home to Carlisle

Reading scunny site and they have just beaten their record for 7 straight wins. that will come to an end and when it does at this late stage of the season i can see them lose more than one or two of their forthcoming matches. good runs always seem to crash dramatically. i might be wrong but they are not that far in front.

S****HORPE MIGHT AS WELL BE CROWNED CHAMPIONS.

Cannot for one moment see them blowing it well done they show no mercy over the season in killing teams off.

Something we need to learn.

Second spot is the aim

Good now all you have to do is go on the scunny forum and tell them that, big them up big time, cause soon that brick wall is going to hit them, and soon their knee`s are going to turn to jelly and they WILL wobble," we will be waiting"...

The league is perfectly winnable, if we win our games in hand we're still in sight of Scunny and if they drop some points it opens up.

However, the most important thing regardless of how Scunny do, is to take maximum points from our games. We have a great opportunity, let's not fumble it.

Archived