IGNORED

Wilson's goal onside - conclusive proof

cheshire_red

Should be an instant fine for the player IMO. We suffer enough from suspensions as it is and no doubt will again before this season ends.

I agree it is one of those where he should know better but as it is only his second booking of the season I think it is unlikely to cost us or him. He probably felt it was worth a booking when he thought he had scored, but felt a bit daft when it was disallowed.

On a lighter note, the ladies who sit next to me are very upset at the ruling and feel the players should be positively encouraged to remove their shirts at every opportunity!

On official site now http://www.bcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~990839,00.html

On a seperate note it still amazes that players remove their shirts to celebrate . they KNOW they will get a booking !

I think it's a shame players can't celebrate goals. Did you see Tevez celebrate after his free kick yesterday for WH. Quality and what football used to be all about.

Guest ashtonyate
Surely Wilson continued his run in order to score and therefore Noble would have played the ball in front of him ?

It a shame that he did not have the confidence to score with out passing which a good striker should do

It a shame that he did not have the confidence to score with out passing which a good striker should do

Rubbish! he broke through and drew the goalkeeper before giving the ball to his better placed colleague, which a good player should do. It wasn't his fault the linesman got it wrong.

If he had gone on his own and the 'keeper had smothered his shot, then we really would have been moaning.

Guest ashtonyate
Rubbish! he broke through and drew the goalkeeper before giving the ball to his better placed colleague, which a good player should do. It wasn't his fault the linesman got it wrong.

If he had gone on his own and the 'keeper had smothered his shot, then we really would have been moaning.

you always take a chance passing in that position how the linesman See's it some will give them some won't, a good forward would take a chance and have a go the trouble with City players they don't like shooting and that's a fault going back years our player like walking the ball into the net

you always take a chance passing in that position how the linesman See's it some will give them some won't, a good forward would take a chance and have a go the trouble with City players they don't like shooting and that's a fault going back years our player like walking the ball into the net

I sit in Atyeo block D and was right in line with Noble and the keeper. In Noble's position I would have went for goal. He's a great player but doesn't have a goalscorer's instinct. Just look at the position he is in. We don't get many chances like that these days.

wilsonos2.jpg

possibly stating the obvious, but.....I'm sure if one of our forwards would have been in that position he would have taken a shot, however the player with the ball was a midfielder........not a forward, can't have go at player for being something he isn't

possibly stating the obvious, but.....I'm sure if one of our forwards would have been in that position he would have taken a shot, however the player with the ball was a midfielder........not a forward, can't have go at player for being something he isn't

He did just that against Boro' so why not again on Saturday?

I sit in Atyeo block D and was right in line with Noble and the keeper. In Noble's position I would have went for goal. He's a great player but doesn't have a goalscorer's instinct. Just look at the position he is in. We don't get many chances like that these days.

wilsonos2.jpg

If Noble had shot and missed he would have had to face the wrath of the fans and manager for not passing a simple square ball to a man completely open.

It was a goal, so Noble did the right thing. Just a shame the officials did not get it right. If it was still 0-0 at that point the argument might be slightly different.

If Noble had shot and missed he would have had to face the wrath of the fans and manager for not passing a simple square ball to a man completely open.

It was a goal, so Noble did the right thing. Just a shame the officials did not get it right. If it was still 0-0 at that point the argument might be slightly different.

Are you suggesting he passed because he was worried about what stick he would have got with missing?

If that's the case, he shouldn't get that far forward. No player should have a fear like that in his head.

Are you suggesting he passed because he was worried about what stick he would have got with missing?

No. I am suggesting that if there is a man free in space like in the circumstance yesterday the ball should definitely be squared. Noble is not a striker, it probably doesn't help that he hasn't played many games this season so his confidence can't be that high.

I think even Thierry Henry would have squared that ball.

Archived