IGNORED

Bank Holiday on St Georges Day

Maesknoll Red

voted its my birthday that day so it bloody well should be a bank holiday! :disapointed2se:

My birthday is the day before, so it'd be very handy for sleeping off hangovers.

Aside from that, it's a shame that St Georges Day isn't celebrated in the way St Davids Day, Paddys Day, etc are.

I've never been able to figure out why St Georges Day isn't celebrated widely or a National holiday. Years ago we had the opportunity when we got an extra Bank Holiday, but we got May Day???!!!

Sadly I think we have absolutly no chance of reclaiming St George, purely due to the fact that we wouldn't want to risk causing offence to minorities.

Makes me mad it really does.

I've never been able to figure out why St Georges Day isn't celebrated widely or a National holiday. Years ago we had the opportunity when we got an extra Bank Holiday, but we got May Day???!!!

Sadly I think we have absolutly no chance of reclaiming St George, purely due to the fact that we wouldn't want to risk causing offence to minorities.

Makes me mad it really does.

WE got May Day, cos its in line wi the rest of the World havin the day off. (Can have business losing out can we?)

As to having a Public Holiday- not sure but I don't think the Jocks have St Andrews Day off, and the dai bachs don't have St Davids Day off do they?. Only the Irish have a day off. Better Still have 11/11 off like they do in France & Belgium, or 8/5?

Archived