IGNORED

Some Bench Tomorrow Night!

Bristol Boy

After listening to GJ on World he confirmed that Murray would miss two more weeks and that McAllister & Showunmi were fit for selection.Russell & Weale didn't get a mention, so I reckon they're still out.

One or two have "little knocks" so that could ven prompt a formation change if the one or two are central midfielders.

In GJ Code, I reckon that means:3-5-2

........BASSO................

.......CAREY....MCCOMBE..........FONTAINE.............

BETSY..........JOHNSON..............SKUSE..NOBLE...........WILSON........

..........BROOKER.............SMITH..............

SUBS

THOMAS

SHOWUNMI

MCALLISTER

KEOGH

JEVONS

Left Out:Andrews, Orr, JMW, Woodman, Partridge

Inj:Weale, Russell & Murray

My only concern about our forwards is simple-Goals and Brooker is overdue several.So is Smith on a Football Leagye career basis and will that tempt GJ to start ES particulary after our failure to kill off Ntn on Sat :dunno:

Fontaine may play instead of Keogh as his left foot adds some balance to our defence, but it's a very close call.

Basso

Keogh-Carey-McCombe-McAllister

Betsy-Noble-Johnson-Wilson

Brooker-Smith

Sub:

Thomas

Fonts

Skuse

Jevons

Andrews

pretty much the same side that got us the 3-nil away at Oldham. That'll do me nicely. IMO we need to get McAllister back in action asap. A cold wednesday night in Chesterfield seems the perfect come back game. I prefer Keogh at RB that Orr, Nobles been playing well so he gets the nod over Skuse.

5 fit strikers always going to give a selection problem. I love Showunmi and its really a toss up between him and Jevons missing out and i cant see GJ leaving PJ out completly.

My only concern about our forwards is simple-Goals and Brooker is overdue several.So is Smith on a Football League career basis and will that tempt GJ to start ES particulary after our failure to kill off Ntn on Sat :dunno:

Fontaine may play instead of Keogh as his left foot adds some balance to our defence, but it's a very close call.

If GJ was a "horses for courses" man, he might well consider that 12 of Jevons' 15 goals have come away from Ashton Gate whilst only 3 of Enoch's 13 have.

Smith clearly works his socks off, but the relevant question here surely is whether we should start with someone who has never scored a league goal alongside someone who has only managed 2 in the league by March, and in all likelihood then replace Smith duing the game with Jevons, or put him on the bench and use his efforts late on to close down opposition defenders if we already have a lead to hold onto.

Archived