IGNORED

Referee

robins72

Well well well we have the referee of referees tomorrow night. Mr Darren Deadman the name made me chuckle but wait till you see his record!

Over 24 matches this season he has given a massive 111 yellows and 10 red cards. Thats an average of 5 per game. Mr Deadman also gave a penalty last Saturday in the gave at Gillingham v Blackpool.

It is his second season in the football league with last season his record being 104 yellows and 9 reds in 31 games.

In total of 55 games thats 215 yellows and 19 reds a terrible record!1

On a brighter note we did have him last season at Port Vale and won 1-0. Lets hope Mr Deadman does not continue where Mr Williamson ended at Chesterfield in 2003 when he sent off Tony Butler and Aaron Brown. Watch out Carey!

Another set of stats which prove the majority officiating at this level are far too fussy and tbh in general absolute dross. The referee against Northampton was a joke. He stopped the game far too frequently and failed to stop blatant play acting by Sam 'Cristiano Ronaldo' Aiston.

I just hope we get some decent refs in the big games coming up.

Another set of stats which prove the majority officiating at this level are far too fussy and tbh in general absolute dross. The referee against Northampton was a joke. He stopped the game far too frequently and failed to stop blatant play acting by Sam 'Cristiano Ronaldo' Aiston.

I just hope we get some decent refs in the big games coming up.

Well I had a quick count last night and think we've had about 9 premiership referees this season. Doesn't always mean that because they referee in a higher league that they are better. I don't rate Styles.

On a brighter note we did have him last season at Port Vale and won 1-0. Lets hope Mr Deadman does not continue where Mr Williamson ended at Chesterfield in 2003 when he sent off Tony Butler and Aaron Brown. Watch out Carey!

He was good at Port Vale from memory so he could be ok :)

The biggest problem with Referees is the fact that most are inexperienced. Anyone who looks almost good is pushed on through the fast track system. The reason being that there is a national shortage of referees. Hense they take newbies and push them on, this inturn leads to referees who cannot cope and use Yellow and Red cards as there answer.

Praise where it is due, I thought the ref had a good game. You might expect me to say that after a 3-1 win but he was.

He made a couple of bad calls, but they all do, and he certainly wasn't a homer. The Chesterfield fans wanted a foul against Boom Boom every time he challenged Allison but he handled it well.

By no means the worse ref I have seen this season and certainly a lot better than Dermot Galllagher's performance just before xmas.

Praise where it is due, I thought the ref had a good game. You might expect me to say that after a 3-1 win but he was.

He made a couple of bad calls, but they all do, and he certainly wasn't a homer. The Chesterfield fans wanted a foul against Boom Boom every time he challenged Allison but he handled it well.

By no means the worse ref I have seen this season and certainly a lot better than Dermot Galllagher's performance just before xmas.

Well said. I thought he had a good game too considering he was supposed to be a card hapy charlatan.

Took a few seconds to talk to players when they over-stepped the line and carded when req#d.

Archived