IGNORED

Drunken Rant!

BS5_RED

It's 3.25 a.m, and I've been drowning my sorrows (with the help of Bundaberg Rum) since about 5.00 pm yesterday. This is from the heart, and may be a little hasty - but I'm going to put it down anyway.

An open letter to Mr Wilson from BS5 RED.

Danny,

I feel, you have taken this club forward in the past 4 years. I can remember the dark days of Senor T Pulis and Senorita L Parsons. Some of the football we have played under your stewardship has been excellent. You have brought us a trophy. You have taken us into the playoffs. However, you must realise at this point in time your job is on the line.

LOYAL fans are beginning to turn against you. You are nearing the end of your 4th full season in charge. Once again we seemed to have turned a small blip into a full-blown crisis. Once again we seem to be falling short when it really matters.

Your chairman has provided you with more than adequate transfer funds whenever asked – especially considering our financial plight. It seems that players YOU have signed are quite frankly, not doing the business. You must accept some responsibility for this.

However positives - we are still 3rd in the division. 99% of people will agree that division two is poorer than last season, and despite the recent "run" we can still go up.

The next few games are HUGE. We must turn things around FAST. Starting with Tuesday night against Tranmere.

I think a loan striker (remember Mark Robins) will give us the extra edge we have been missing in recent games. Please, for god's sake sign one. You are a former top-flight player – surely you must have excellent contacts within the game

Please do not use tired clichés such as "The fans should create more atmosphere". City are one of the most passionate clubs in this god-forsaken division. This should be obvious to you. Look at the amount of away support the club generates.

I'll say it bluntly Danny. Failure this season means unemployment. You have been fortunate to have been given 4 years. Previous City mangers have not had this luxury. If you get us up, then fantastic - if not, I think you are out the door.

Prove me wrong. Please, for God's sake prove me wrong, and get us up. I HATE division two. I am fed up of away fans bringing less than 500 fans to a game. I am fed up of no decent away trips. And most of all I am fed up of being “overtaken” by other clubs every single year. GET US UP. If not SHIP OUT.

Yours (I'll be here long after your gone),

BS5 RED

PS - I'm not a happy clappy. I just think that a good loan striker will allow us to get out of this hated division automatically. If not - it's the playoffs for us. And we all know City's record in those.

with Danny's continual baffling selections, tactics and substitutions, - I hope he goes whether or not we get promoted but if we do, then of course it is unlikely - perhaps if we don't it will be the silver lining to an otherwise enourmous grey cloud

Agreed with absoloutely everything you say there , i think all our fans are fed up with division 2 and if we stayed in it another year our gates would drop to around 9000 , i cant bear thinking about watching city in division 2 next season , although there would be some nice grounds to go to , hull , huddersfield , notts forest. :angry:

Cheerio Danny Wilson, get back to Chesterfield and yer Northern chip butties  :angry:

I don't see why he can't just manage Chesterfield myself as he still lives there!

He might be ok for them, as with the results City having been getting lately, are near enough to what Chesterfield fans would be expecting of their own club!

But having said that, they certainly are not the same Chesterfield they were at the start of the season, being relegation favourites and all, so maybe Wilson wouldn't even be good enough for them! :D

Any thoughts? :blink:

Guest comeonyoureds

i agree as well that wilson has to go if city dont go up this year! it will be time to change things around as i doubt he would be able to take us further if it results in failure again! perhaps last year will turn out to be our best chance to go up under wilson and we blew it then, who knows!

but one thing i am sure of is the thought of another season having to go away to places like doncaster, torquay and chesterfiled is too much to bare thinking about!

PLEASE SORT IT OUT DANNY QUICKLY, FOR YOUR SAKE AND MORE IMPORTANTLY OURS!!!!!

Yes, Wilson probably should go if we fail to go up. The thing is, the seasons not over and we havent failed... yet.

I think calls for his head should be left until we the end of the season when we have either achieved or underachieved.

It's a delicate and crucial point in the seaon right now and this sort of unrest cant help our aim. We need to support now and ask questions if we fail come the end of the season.

That's just my opinion of course

Archived