IGNORED

Scunny v Forest

Br 1st ol

While there is nothing wrong with being selfish and wanting to the win the title - for me I'll be over the moon if we finish 2nd and NOT 3rd.

So therefore its Scunny all the way for me.

Best outcome? A nasty, aggressive battle on the pitch, with all key players from both sides injured and out for the season, provoking a pitch invasion by fans with match abandoned and Scunny deducted 10 points for failing to control their fans!!!

Personally reckon anything but forest winning would be a great result providing we keep winning. A draw would pull Scunny back in and not be a great result for forest having lost last night. Least its in our hands at the moment and for once we're not playing catch up. Get a result tonight then 2 home games coming up, could look pretty good in a weeks time!

A win tonight at Chesterfield, with Brentford and Bradford at home to follow, a Scunny win on Saturday, we could be 8 points clear

of Forrest this time next week. SO COME ON YOU REDS LET'S DO IT!!!!!

Agreed. It would be a sizeable gap.

But thinking of tonights game:

If we win I would like to see S****horpe lose or the match end in a draw to give us a chance of closing the gap.

If we lose then I would want S****horpe to win to keep Forest behind and losing.

My gut reaction is we'll win and the Forest S****horpe match will be a draw.

Scunny win, allowing us to pull as far away from forest as possible. Winning the league would be great but I don't care how we go up as long as next season were at Upton park rather than Saltergate on a cold Wednesday night :yes:

Guest ashtonyate
While there is nothing wrong with being selfish and wanting to the win the title - for me I'll be over the moon if we finish 2nd and NOT 3rd.

So therefore its Scunny all the way for me.

If only if it was that simple there will be a few twists and turns before the end of the season, generally one back tracker has a good run and puts the skids under the favorites

If you're saying everyones forgotten about Yeovil - I'll agree with you. If they win on saturday, and Forest lose, then they'll be above Forest.

But it's all about our next 3 games - get 7 points or more and we'll be up there with our destiny in our own hands.

Re Scunny v Forest, a draw or Scunny win will suit us fine but I'm really not bothered about that result - it's all about what we do in the next 12 games and particularly the next 3.

agreed, the next three games are massive. Win them and it sets us up nicely with Forest and Yeovil still to play. I still think Scunny could have a blip between now and the end of the season. It will take good management to keep them going until the end of the season as the dreaded complacency must be settling in up there, people are already saying the title is S****horpes and that could work in our favour.

That said, we all know how City can bottle it just when we need to win. If I was Gary i'd just be taking each game at a time and not worry about everyone else.

printed off the remaining fixtures for all three sides, and we appear to have the hardest run in with S****horpe looking like the easiest, on present form i cannot see Scunny dropping that amount of points to allow us to catch them, so i am hoping for a S****horpe win to leave Forest deflated and dejected after two consecutive defeats.

yours midland red.

as far as i am concerned, as long as we get promoted i don't care where we finish, yeh, it would be nice to finish top of the league, but then Forest pull away from us a bit if they win vs scunny, i realise we have games in hand, but that don't mean that we're going to win them, so all in all, i'd rather go for a S****horpe win, that way Forest don't get any added points.

Up until now I've thought a draw is the best result but I've thought it through a bit more.

What I want, really, really want is for S****horpe and Forest to lose all their remaining games except I want Forest to lose more than Scunny as this guarantees us promotion assuming we carry on winning.

Therefore, I want a Scunny win on Sat and then Forest and Scunny to lose the rest of their games.

I think that makes sense.

Whatever keeps us safely in the promotion hunt is my answer.

A win for Scunny might make first place unlikely, but if it meant we were even a tiny bit closer to the ultimate goal (promotion, not the league title) then I'd be over the moon.

Winning the division will not make us any less likely to drop back down next year than coming second. Just look at Southend and Colchester this year.

Whatever keeps us safely in the promotion hunt is my answer.

A win for Scunny might make first place unlikely, but if it meant we were even a tiny bit closer to the ultimate goal (promotion, not the league title) then I'd be over the moon.

Winning the division will not make us any less likely to drop back down next year than coming second. Just look at Southend and Colchester this year.

Got to agree with Samo :yes:

Archived