IGNORED

Driving Test

bcfcred

I yesterday passed my driving test on the third attempt :D!

I am 17 yah see and insurance is bloody expensive!

I just wanted to know if any of you know of any decent companies who WILL give me a good deal and not steriotype me as a boy-racer?

Thanks alot, Alex

I yesterday passed my driving test on the third attempt :D!

I am 17 yah see and insurance is bloody expensive!

I just wanted to know if any of you know of any decent companies who WILL give me a good deal and not steriotype me as a boy-racer?

Thanks alot, Alex

I Passed around 4 weeks ago - First attempt :) 2 minors (slightly lucky perhaps), the cheapest insuance i could find was on my mums policy with direct line which came to £1000, if anybody in your family drive with direct line they are probably the best to go with because you can get a 20% discount and also a 10% discount for getting a quote online so all together you can save quite a bit.

Direct line car insurance

Elsewise i have heard tesco insure a lot of younger people and are fairly cheap.

Tesco Car Insurance

Confused is also good if you want to see whats cheapest for you because it searches through all the main insurance companies and finds the best deals

Confused

Unfortunatly these insurance companies are stereotypical and quote all 17 - 18 boys huge prices.

Some companies wouldn't even insure me, although I'm just as safe - if not safer than any other driver.

Best Of Luck

Brilliant cheers mates!

Well basically I have been given a Clio by a friend for free, but the gear box is broke so I am going to by a cheap clio for around 50-100 quid from ebay or somewhere and swap the gearboxes!

I got given a quote by directline for 1,200 but thats with my mum and dad as the main drivers aswell so thats probably worth going for tbh.

The car has no MOT but a full service history so hopefully the MOT won't be too much!

Cheers, Alex

Just stay away from allen & allen they ripped me right off they were charging me £250 a month for thrid party fire and theft on a little vaxuall astra 1.4.

I'm now with 1st quote and there charging me less than half that and i got a bigger car and engine now aswell

Brilliant cheers mates!

Well basically I have been given a Clio by a friend for free, but the gear box is broke so I am going to by a cheap clio for around 50-100 quid from ebay or somewhere and swap the gearboxes!

I got given a quote by directline for 1,200 but thats with my mum and dad as the main drivers aswell so thats probably worth going for tbh.

The car has no MOT but a full service history so hopefully the MOT won't be too much!

Cheers, Alex

It worked out cheaper for me (fully comp that is) to not have either of my parents as the main drivers, or for that matter on the insurance at all. Builds up no claims as well. I'm with "Liverpool Victoria".

Good luck, I remember when I first passed paying well over a grand for a 1.0 Fiat Uno.

Hang in there, and by the time you get to my agae with nearly ten years no claims, you will be laughing about this! don't forget to go with a company that allows named drivers to build up their no claim - if your going with your parents.

May be worth paying abit more to get this.

If you're still looking I got mine from First Alternative, less than £100 a month for my Noddy Car.

Thought id take your advice to get ballpark figures for my renewal, which is a couple of months away yet....

but...

EDIT: Ive just re-read part of the terms i posted, and they wont give you a quote online if you're male and under 21. I presume they will over the phone though? Not sure why that is, but i misread it and thought they wouldnt insure you under the age of 21.

My bad.

Thought id take your advice to get ballpark figures for my renewal, which is a couple of months away yet....

but...

EDIT: Ive just re-read part of the terms i posted, and they wont give you a quote online if you're male and under 21. I presume they will over the phone though? Not sure why that is, but i misread it and thought they wouldnt insure you under the age of 21.

My bad.

Really?

I did mine online years ago.

I basically went through Confused.com, and it came out with the best results being all Michael Winners companies, there was one I cant remember, My Sister Company (Wtf?!) and First Alternative.

Like I say, bout' £90 a month, cheapest I found by a mile.

Archived