IGNORED

Chesterfield v City [Merged]

BS10 RED

No need to lower expectations for Saturday just because City perhaps exceeded them tonight.

6 points from the next 2 games, nothing less, let's show Forest, Yeovil and the rest that we really mean business with a demolition of Brentford. :city:

At the end of the day win our home games and we are up

No need to lower expectations for Saturday just because City perhaps exceeded them tonight.

6 points from the next 2 games, nothing less, let's show Forest, Yeovil and the rest that we really mean business with a demolition of Brentford. :city:

True, but it's not just lowering expectations, just what I feel based on all the factors.

Brentford have improved greatly since mid january, evidenced by their good perfromance against Scunny last time out (although they still lost). They are lacking Joe Kuffour, but by all accounts Shipperley has added a new threat since arriving in the window. They might come to nullify us, and it will be a big test for us to break them down without sacrificing our own flow.

As for Bradford, I live near by and the vibe from Vally parade is that the players, the board and even the fans themselves have given up. Letting Windass go and then sacking a manager who had megre resources at best was foolish, and with a rookie in charge and the pressure mounting I think tuesday at Fortress Ashton Gate should be the easier of the two fixtures for us.

So, I wasn't meaning to be negative, just think that's what might happen!

Well I say let's get 3 points regardless of the performance - and get behind the team regardless of the performance.

First and foremost - yes, and my support isn't in question.

Be nice to relax a bit in the 2nd half rather than forever sitting on the edge of your seat.

A convincing rout would do the home fans the world of good and show our rivals we've got the bit between our teeth and don't mean to let it go.

1-0 will do, but goals breed confidence and City may well surge towards the finishing line if we can get a few now.

True, but it's not just lowering expectations, just what I feel based on all the factors.

Brentford have improved greatly since mid january, evidenced by their good perfromance against Scunny last time out (although they still lost). They are lacking Joe Kuffour, but by all accounts Shipperley has added a new threat since arriving in the window. They might come to nullify us, and it will be a big test for us to break them down without sacrificing our own flow.

As for Bradford, I live near by and the vibe from Vally parade is that the players, the board and even the fans themselves have given up. Letting Windass go and then sacking a manager who had megre resources at best was foolish, and with a rookie in charge and the pressure mounting I think tuesday at Fortress Ashton Gate should be the easier of the two fixtures for us.

So, I wasn't meaning to be negative, just think that's what might happen!

Good points samo, but the Brentford keeper isn't my favourite and my gut feeling is the blighter's going to have a very bad day at the Gate. :tomato:

Good points samo, but the Brentford keeper isn't my favourite and my gut feeling is the blighter's going to have a very bad day at the Gate. :tomato:

Didn't notice Abby was between the sticks for them, looks like we had a lucky escape there!

Although I'd be happy for a draw I will still be praying for a win as always, but I wonder what the injury situation will be for us come saturday. GJ sounded pretty negative in the little bit on the main site, and really hope everyone who contributed tonight is available to face the Bees and the Bantams. :fingerscrossed:

Didn't notice Abby was between the sticks for them, looks like we had a lucky escape there!

Although I'd be happy for a draw I will still be praying for a win as always, but I wonder what the injury situation will be for us come saturday. GJ sounded pretty negative in the little bit on the main site, and really hope everyone who contributed tonight is available to face the Bees and the Bantams. :fingerscrossed:

Abby??

What's happened to that Charlie Stubbs lookalike who hates us so much? :dunno:

Abby??

What's happened to that Charlie Stubbs lookalike who hates us so much? :dunno:

Nelson? He got a fairly bad injury, has just recently got fit but yet to get back into the team.

I'm desperate for him to play as i'll be behind the goal in the EE. Away at Brentford earlier this season, there was a moment when just as all went quiet on the terrace, one bloke decided to shout "Nelson you're shit." Had me in stitches.

Archived