IGNORED

71 Goals

sephjnr

And in our 5 (league) matches since our last (league) defeat at scunny, we have 6 different players scoring. We are definately not a one man team where goals are concerned!

The midfield are at last helping out and chipping in with a fair few at the moment, even our defenders have contributed a ggod share this season. Good job really as unfortunatly our last seasons Top Scorer has been unable to perform, yet!

And yet no forward has scored for us since the Brighton game!

I was going to post this morning regarding the goalscorers or lack of strikers. only 2 teams in the top 6 have scored more than us, so a lack of striker that's banging them in really hasn't caused us a problem.

I maintain that having a side that has scoring potential all across the pitch is harder to defend against than a single "goal machine". It's that ability that has helped us manage the consistent crop of injuries that occurred throughout the season.

Not having a forward score, doesn't worry me either and wont until they design a league table where goals scored by non-strikers count less.

Smith showed again last night that the space that strikers create for others can be as important as the work they do themselves.

doesn't bother me at all where the goals come from, last time we went up we almost totally relied on the goat, time before that Bob Taylor

this season all our strikers have missed alot of games through injury and have never really got going between them, but we know in Enoch, Brooker & Jevons when 100% fit they have goals in them

oh and in Andy Smith, a very good player who goals will surely come for before long

doesn't bother me at all where the goals come from, last time we went up we almost totally relied on the goat, time before that Bob Taylor

this season all our strikers have missed alot of games through injury and have never really got going between them, but we know in Enoch, Brooker & Jevons when 100% fit they have goals in them

oh and in Andy Smith, a very good player who goals will surely come for before long

Agreed i am also not fussed where the goals come from it's just a bit better seeing a variety of players on the score sheet. :)

And also that way we don't get the bigger clubs taking are highest scorer away from us!

Agreed i am also not fussed where the goals come from it's just a bit better seeing a variety of players on the score sheet. :)

And also that way we don't get the bigger clubs taking are highest scorer away from us!

If City can buy a "Quality" - using GJ's words there - striker in the Summer, we can make a serious impact in the Chamionship. Unlike John Ward's disastrous break-up of the side last time we went up (albeit with forced signings by Scott Davidson), GJ has continually stressed that he has bought Championship "Quality" players for City. I think he is right. GJ can spot a player, and the fact that his signings are banging in the goals from all-over the park, emphasises their all-round attributes. I for one am loving this seemingly unstoppable march to the Championship.

COME ON GARY

COME ON CITY

You are doing us proud.

Archived