IGNORED

5-man midfield

bcfcchris2016

last night, it seemed as though we played with a 5 man midfield with Wilson and Betsy on both wings, with Skuse, Noble and L.Johnson in the middle. And let me say, I think that was the backbone towards Citys win last night. Whatever chesterfield did formation wise such as starting with 4.4.2 and playing the second half in a 3.5.2 formation to try and stop our midfield dominating. But we commanded in that area from the first minute to the last.

I would like to see Johnson continue with a 5-man midfield because in my opinion, it clearly made a massive difference, Especially with Wilson and Betsy on both wings stretching the opposition defence time and time again and Noble being the key figure in the centre. :bruce_h4h:

Roll on Brentford, I can't wait for saturday, I Beleveeeeeeeeeee :innocent06:

Oldham-4-4-2

BHA-3-1-4-2...4-4-2 when we were defending in and around our box.

Blackpool 3-5-2.....then various due to injuries

North 3-5-2..then 4-4-2.

Chest 3-5-2.

P5 W5 F10 A1 Pts have 15 Pts Won 15 100%

3-5-2 suits our midfield players and we have four players who can play wing back.Three, IMHO are better on the right Wilson, Murray & Betsy and McAllister at LWB.It also means that LJ & DN can play in the same team.

4-4-2 is also fine, however, without a left winger in the Smith/Walsh/Tinnion mould, it doesn't attack and defend as well as the current system (3-5-2) We have numerous players who can play there, Murray, Betsy, Wilson, JMW, Showunmi however none would choose it as their best position.

We scored our goals last night in the first half when Chesterfield were playing a 4-4-2. In the second half they matched out 3-5-2 and outplayed us for long periods - winning the "half" one-nil, lets not forget. 3-5-2 is all very well for catching a weak team by surprise but it'll never work against Yeovil, Forest or Swansea ... and I suspect Brentford may well be ready for it on Saturday, too.

We scored our goals last night in the first half when Chesterfield were playing a 4-4-2. In the second half they matched out 3-5-2 and outplayed us for long periods - winning the "half" one-nil, lets not forget. 3-5-2 is all very well for catching a weak team by surprise but it'll never work against Yeovil, Forest or Swansea ... and I suspect Brentford may well be ready for it on Saturday, too.

Well Brentford are below Chest & Ntn and I wouldn't call Blackpool a weak side and we outplayed them at Bloomfield Rd.

Archived