IGNORED

Chesterfield 1-3 Bristol City

Jay

I thought it was interesting that Skuse, considering we would probably think of him as our holding players, was often the player making the runs beyond the forwards and into the box.

I also thought Jevons work rate was closer to what the fans like to see, even if his goalscoring opportunitieswere limited.

I thought it was interesting that Skuse, considering we would probably think of him as our holding players, was often the player making the runs beyond the forwards and into the box.

I also thought Jevons work rate was closer to what the fans like to see, even if his goalscoring opportunitieswere limited.

I had a bit of a chuckle when the BBC live text said Skuse had been caught offside. If our 3 centre midfielders can all have the ability to run beyond the forwards then we're going to be hard to live with.

I had a bit of a chuckle when the BBC live text said Skuse had been caught offside. If our 3 centre midfielders can all have the ability to run beyond the forwards then we're going to be hard to live with.

Amen and it's high time!

It's got a lot to do with the new formation as, providing they don't all bomb on at once, there is more cover there with an additional midfielder and an additional central defender and I enjoyed it when Keogh lead another charge out of defence-Priceless :dancing6:

I don't have any disagreement with your assessment of the player's performances last night BB. I would, however, add that I thought that the referee also had a very good game and tried to keep play flowing. His performance, on the night, was much better than those of some Premiership refs we've suffered recently. City - even Carey - managed to escape without a booking which is unusual in any away game these days.

Also I was very impressed with the quality of the playing surface which, I thought, offered a great advantage to us because it encouraged passing football - which we played to great effect throughout. The surface didn't cut up - despite all of the recent rain - and was much better than I've seen on other visits to Saltergate.

Pretty good assesment BB. I would only question Betsy`s role last night. IMO he didn`t push on often enough, on many an occasion there was empty space where you would have expected him to be. More a tactical decision from GJ than a comment on Betsys` performance IMO.

PDG

City - even Carey - managed to escape without a booking which is unusual in any away game these days.

I'm glad you said that RH because I was being told from those listening on the radio that Carey had been booked. I asked some people around me whether they had seen this and they were sure he hadn't as well. Radio Bristol must have cocked up....

I have praised the ref on another thread, and I agree about the surface, it must be something to do with the ground being at Everest base camp 3! The actual surface was good but the pitch did have a lot of undulations especially into the corners.

Pretty good assesment BB. I would only question Betsy`s role last night. IMO he didn`t push on often enough, on many an occasion there was empty space where you would have expected him to be. More a tactical decision from GJ than a comment on Betsys` performance IMO.

Agree with that and Betsy seemed quite subdued in the second half.As you say, that was probably based on instructions

PDG

I'm glad you said that RH because I was being told from those listening on the radio that Carey had been booked. I asked some people around me whether they had seen this and they were sure he hadn't as well. Radio Bristol must have cocked up....

According to the BBC site, we had a player called Davies booked :noexpression: Chest had one booked in the second half and I can't remember any of ours although, as I said, I think McCombe got away with one on the basis of conceeding a pile of free kicks.

I have praised the ref on another thread, and I agree about the surface, it must be something to do with the ground being at Everest base camp 3! The actual surface was good but the pitch did have a lot of undulations especially into the corners.

One of my wishes IF we go up, is for a Wycombe style pitch at about £250k, especially if we're going to let the egg chasers play on it, at all, never mind regularly.

Archived