IGNORED

Fear Of Promotion.....

headhunter

I was on the slate DW bandwagon yesterday but today I turn my attention to the players.

What I am about to write is what I thought last season and it is even more relevant now with so many players out of contract.

Put this in a normal business context : you work for a company and you all do well such that a big company talks about buying you. Great, until you realise that when they take over they will make half of you redundant - you are hardly motivated are you, performance falters and the takeover talk is cancelled.

Now look at City - how many are out of contract in the summer ? If we go up we have a great opportunity to clear the decks for massive change - replace 6 with 4 better at the same total cost and that assumes there is no salary deflation as more footballers than ever before find themselves without a club in the summer.

How many of our current squad could cut it at the higher level : Phillips and Carey - hmmm ? Tommy, Matty, Luke, Lee Miller, Coles [plays with the air of a ##**y arrogant bstard, has ##*p distribution but is the only member of our squad that is likely to attract an offer], Woodman, Fortune, Lita.

So my view is that for a fair number of the squad promotion = no contract= no job

Archived