IGNORED

shame more of you were not there

Red Robin

It was a shame more of you were not at Chesterfield last night,first half we took them apart,admitably they are a very poor side.

It was a pleasure to watch three great goals.

Second half we took our foot of the pedal,they made a couple of substitutions and went long ball this caused us problems,we were under the cosh for most of the second half.

To be fair they did not cause to many problems and we never looked like we would squander the lead.

The next two homes games need to be won to put some daylight between us and Forest.

It was a great result,bloody cold up north and the food was absolute dire.

It was a shame more of you were not at Chesterfield last night,first half we took them apart,admitably they are a very poor side.

It was a pleasure to watch three great goals.

Second half we took our foot of the pedal,they made a couple of substitutions and went long ball this caused us problems,we were under the cosh for most of the second half.

To be fair they did not cause to many problems and we never looked like we would squander the lead.

The next two homes games need to be won to put some daylight between us and Forest.

It was a great result,bloody cold up north and the food was absolute dire.

Had it have been played on a saturday then we wouldve ended up taking as many as we can fit in the ground. But as it was on a cold wednesday night, people wont go away. Why do you think we took the numbers we did to coventry and boro?

we were under the cosh for most of the second half

Really? That wasn't my view. I thought that the Chesterfield substitutions allied to the "grenade" which McFarland probably threw in the dressing room at HT gave them an impetus which they certainly lacked before the break. They huffed and puffed but their quality of passing and final ball into the box was abject. They certainly never threatened our lead and I never felt that we were "under the cosh".

Allison's goal was well taken but all of the goal threat came from City.

Really? That wasn't my view. I thought that the Chesterfield substitutions allied to the "grenade" which McFarland probably threw in the dressing room at HT gave them an impetus which they certainly lacked before the break. They huffed and puffed but their quality of passing and final ball into the box was abject. They certainly never threatened our lead and I never felt that we were "under the cosh".

Allison's goal was well taken but all of the goal threat came from City.

on the breaks yes,but we were continously having the ball back at our defenders second half..

Had it have been played on a saturday then we wouldve ended up taking as many as we can fit in the ground. But as it was on a cold wednesday night, people wont go away. Why do you think we took the numbers we did to coventry and boro?

Given Forests result on Tues a few more travelled than would have i suspect. The important thing is that those who did travel supported the team in the right way, apart from one or two exceptions.

My personal highlight was being approached by an officer of the law who politely enquired, i quote `don`t be offended by the suggestion sir `, as to whether i was smoking a bit of weed. Not guilty. Had i been i would have offered him a toke, obviously.

The weed may have accounted for the general good spirits of all there though.

PDG

:innocent06:

Really enjoyed last night.

Was sat in the Chesterfield end and decided I'd move the car at half time to enable a speedy exit.

As I left the ground a couple of stewards joked that I shouldnt bother coming back, obviously thinking I was one of theres. I instinctively corrected them on there mistake. On moving the car I questioned whether or not they would actually let me back into the ground. They did and were a great credit to Chesterfied FC.

I really enjoyed going to Chesterfield the year we drew 2-2 with ten men.

Was a great day out in the sun, but don't fancy it so much in the winter I have to say.

Locals and stewards were nice though, was raining and I had no coat waiting to go into the ground and a lovely woman let me stand under her little make shift garage thing. :D

I will never set foot in that ground again after the defeat in 2004. It was one of the worst days Ive seen supporting city along with the play-off final. Cheers to hornbeamred for the updates though.

You're welcome young lady. I will miss your smiling face and score updates on Saturday though as the Moomin Liberation Army are kidnapping me to make the East End look full!

We will also be planning our tank assualt on the nether regions of Millwall!

You're welcome young lady. I will miss your smiling face and score updates on Saturday though as the Moomin Liberation Army are kidnapping me to make the East End look full!

We will also be planning our tank assualt on the nether regions of Millwall!

Sadly I wont be there will save the memories though. Cant stand them plastic seat with no backs. Give me the terraces any day! Make lots of noise for us though!!

My personal highlight was being approached by an officer of the law who politely enquired, i quote `don`t be offended by the suggestion sir `, as to whether i was smoking a bit of weed. Not guilty. Had i been i would have offered him a toke, obviously.

The weed may have accounted for the general good spirits of all there though.

There were a couple of people next to me who were partaking of something sweet smelling during the first 20 minutes or so, but they had long gone before Mr Plod arrived sniffing the air. They were very good humoured about it, although I was a little worried that being down wind of the guys, they would have smelled the stuff on my clothes. :doh:

There were some huge spliffs being passed around near me and the smoke wafting around was pretty intense.

Made for some good spirits though!

agree with the rest first half deserved lead of 3:0 second half was not so good and the sub leo sayer was quite a little live wire for them caused us quite a few problems.

Archived