IGNORED

Ive Lost The Faith

Thornbury Red

Up until yesterday I thought Danny was the man to get us out of this division. Now i know hes not. We played the worst team we will face in the rest of the season and were second best by a mile.

Yesterday was a shambles.

Can anyone explain why the midfield that played against Rushden was changed completely yesterday. I accept that Brown & Doherty had to be replaced but why the the hell did Tinnion play on the left? He hasnt played there for about five years! It showed as well as he kept tucking inside leaving us exposed to their right side.

R&D Brown Tinnion Doherty Roberts

Oldham Tinnion Burnell Wilkshire Roberts

Matt Hill - Should have been subbed after five minutes- I dont know if he wasnt fit but he played like a clown, no intelligence, no distribution skills, hes not a left back and shouldnt be played in that position. Seeing him arguing with phillips ahter the second goal just made me laugh. He stood like an oak with his hand in the air whilst the Oldham player glided past him. Doesnt he know that the idea of a full back is to defend, not ponce about.

Peacock - Limping after two minutes shouldnt have strarted the match. Simple as.

Were two nil down so take off our best player (Wilkshire) and replace him with a left back. Why wasnt Hill taken off?

Were reliant on a 19 year old to get the goals to take us up - on the evidence of yesterday it aint going to happen.

Phillips - stayed rooted to his line for the first goal which was headed in inside the six yard box. Was rooted whilst their player was clean through for the second goal, and only came off his line to deny another in the middle when it was almost two late.

My mate turned to me and said in the second half after Oldhams keeper had collected his two hundreth cross without any worries - "Why cant Phillips do that?"

Butler - Utterly devoid of pace, gives away stupid free kicks all the time, like Hill hasnt got the intelligence to make the right challenge at the right time.

Roberts - Another player who lacks intelligence, always seems to be in the wrong position, cant get past his man with the ball.

The only players with any credit yesterday were Burnell, Miller and Bell.

The problem is so many of our Academy 'starlets' cant do the basics right, like looking comfortable on the ball. Oldham, Rushden, Wycombe have all had players with good technique , who look busy on the ball, pass and move, you know the basics. Ours? Panic! "Woosh".

We are not good enough to go up - the next few games will reinforce that. If by some miracle we make the play offs - and by some further miracle get through - we are coming straight back down. The team, and the squad aint good enough.

:angry:

Yours "Utterly depressed" of Thornbury.

We need a big sweep out badly. Too many players are not performing. Otherwise, change the manager, another may get the best out of the lot we have. All that's certain is that Wilson certainly isn't getting the best out of our lot. I don't think he's capable.

Nah mate Id much rather come to Ashton and watch the team i love give a gutless and inept display.

I take it youre from the 'were still third' contingent.

We wont be for much longer based on the last five games.

This is a forum for debate - you dont like what you hear - tough.

Nah mate Id much rather come to Ashton and watch the team i love give a gutless and inept display.

I take it youre from the 'were still third' contingent.

We wont be for much longer based on the last five games.

This is a forum for debate - you dont like what you hear - tough.

:angry: Amen!

Archived