IGNORED

JAMIE COOPER - TODAY IS THE DAY

RedTop

Today is the day that we can make it happen for Jamie Cooper.

Just five days ago, we set out to give this couragous 18-year-old Bristolian, the youngest soldier to be seriously injured in Iraq, the day he has dreamed about.

As of midnight, we had raised £1,010 towards the £1,650 in cash that we need to do what we set out to do - for Bristol City fans to send Jamie to see his team play at the Millennium Stadium. That is the sum that has come in via cheques, via Cheshire Red's collection at Chesterfield and via the Paypal button set up with the help of the Supporters' Trust. In the process, we have brought red and blue together. The fact that the total so far includes Rovers fans giving to a City campaign to help a Rovers fan demonstrates just what we have achieved along the way. We have brought a real sense of perspective to football in our city, we have proved that we can all work together and I am proud of us for doing that.

But today is crucial if we are to reach the target. We set out to send Jamie to Cardiff in style and that is what I know we will do. I will be outside the Red and White Bar between 2pm and 2.50pm to take cheques and cash. I will also make a speech inside the Red and White Bar at 1.45pm and with the help of Jay and Dollie Marie, will collect inside the Supporters Club and the R&W.

So please, please, seek me out before the game and give what you can so that we reach the total. It is down to you. The doubters (and I have spoken to some) never believed that we would be able to reach that total. But I know that we can because I know what City fans are like, and I know that you all appreciate what it will mean to Jamie to be there when his team walk out on the pitch in Cardiff when he came so close to not even being alive.

Please give what you can. If you want to donate and can't make it to the main entrance of the R&W Bar at the time I will be there, giving money is as simple as PMing me with your phone number. I will arrange whatever it takes to collect you money. Remember, you don't have to be a Supporters' Club member to give - I will be stood outside.

One way or another Jamie WILL get to that game, and it WILL be because of the generosity of Bristol City fans and the coming together of supporters across the region, red and blue.

All the best, and let's hope we put Brentford to the sword,

Brian

Well blow me! Been going there for four years now and never knew what is was called! Always caled it the "underground"!

I will be in there toady as usual - will you be there collecting?

Yup, there will be someone in there collecting money, or outside as you enter from 2pm.

has anyone thought of approaching city and asking if you can do a halftime collection around the pitch? i seem to remember a collection with a sheet a few years back but cant remember what the collection was for.

We're fortunate that we have a little time here.

As it stands we have now gone past the £1100 mark. Whilst Brian (RedTop), myself & Dollymarie will be collecting inside & ourside of the Dolman Hall/Red & White bar, we'll also have our buckets with us during the match. So, if anyone would care to make a donation but is unable to do this pre-match feel free to approach us at half time. RedTop sits in the Dolman, Row M, Seat 6. Myself & Dollymarie can be found in the EastEnd today. Dolly looks like her avatar but I don't look like mine!

Failing that, people can always use the 'donate button' at the top of the main menu on this forum.

Just five days ago, we set out to give this couragous 18-year-old Bristolian, the youngest soldier to be seriously injured in Iraq, the day he has dreamed about.

As of midnight, we had raised £1,010 towards the £1,650 in cash that we need to do what we set out to do - for Bristol City fans to send Jamie to see his team play at the Millennium Stadium. That is the sum that has come in via cheques, via Cheshire Red's collection at Chesterfield and via the Paypal button set up with the help of the Supporters' Trust. In the process, we have brought red and blue together. The fact that the total so far includes Rovers fans giving to a City campaign to help a Rovers fan demonstrates just what we have achieved along the way. We have brought a real sense of perspective to football in our city, we have proved that we can all work together and I am proud of us for doing that.

But today is crucial if we are to reach the target. We set out to send Jamie to Cardiff in style and that is what I know we will do. I will be outside the Red and White Bar between 2pm and 2.50pm to take cheques and cash. I will also make a speech inside the Red and White Bar at 1.45pm and with the help of Jay and Dollie Marie, will collect inside the Supporters Club and the R&W.

So please, please, seek me out before the game and give what you can so that we reach the total. It is down to you. The doubters (and I have spoken to some) never believed that we would be able to reach that total. But I know that we can because I know what City fans are like, and I know that you all appreciate what it will mean to Jamie to be there when his team walk out on the pitch in Cardiff when he came so close to not even being alive.

Please give what you can. If you want to donate and can't make it to the main entrance of the R&W Bar at the time I will be there, giving money is as simple as PMing me with your phone number. I will arrange whatever it takes to collect you money. Remember, you don't have to be a Supporters' Club member to give - I will be stood outside.

One way or another Jamie WILL get to that game, and it WILL be because of the generosity of Bristol City fans and the coming together of supporters across the region, red and blue.

Brian

Consider it done and dusted Brian!!!!!

Would never let it fail now mate.....Arn

Anybody that cant get to the R&W and will be sat in the EE today I will wander round at half time if I can to collect any money (if thats ok with Redtop)

Fantastic, Dolliemarie!

See you all there. Really looking forward to it because I know that between us all, we can do it.

Guest mesa boogie

From my campaign of posting it on loadsa forums apparently we've had donations from the likes of Reading, Doncaster, Hereford, West Brom, Wolves, Macclesfield, Sunderland and hopefully lots more to come!

From my campaign of posting it on loadsa forums apparently we've had donations from the likes of Reading, Doncaster, Hereford, West Brom, Wolves, Macclesfield, Sunderland and hopefully lots more to come!

You're quite clever for a Gashead......you sure you're not a closet Red?

Well done with the part you've played in spreading the word and securing lots of donations.

Guest mesa boogie
You're quite clever for a Gashead......you sure you're not a closet Red?

Well done with the part you've played in spreading the word and securing lots of donations.

Alas no, I once got Subbuteo for Christmas. I received Rovers and City (obviously to play against each other) I opened the city one first and threw a massive strop. Plus I have five generations of it behind me, bloody genetic diseases.

:D

Alas no, I once got Subbuteo for Christmas. I received Rovers and City (obviously to play against each other) I opened the city one first and threw a massive strop. Plus I have five generations of it behind me, bloody genetic diseases.

:D

What happened to your play-off hopes? :winner_third_h4h:

Guest mesa boogie
What happened to your play-off hopes? :winner_third_h4h:

I never thought we had any? Seriously though the reason why we all got off our tits after beating you is as a Gashead you just except the piss poor so when something like that happens everyone is in so much shock it is like winning the world cup.

Daft sods us football supporters.

I never thought we had any? Seriously though the reason why we all got off our tits after beating you is as a Gashead you just except the piss poor so when something like that happens everyone is in so much shock it is like winning the world cup.

Daft sods us football supporters.

Now that any chance of promotion for you has gone.....and when Doncaster win the JPT.......are you telling us that your only crumb of comfort from this season was scoring a single goal against the mighty Bristol City?

Not much to gloat about really, is it?

:goingup:

:tongue:

To Red Top, Dollymarie, Mesa Boogie etc etc and every one else involved in this very worthwhile enterprise, well done. You should all be proud of what you have set out to achieve for this brave guy. I meet Brian outside the R&W before the game and chipped in my bit towards the fund. I'm sure the target will be reached and that whatever the sum is, I hope it can help Jamie in some way in his recovery. Well done City fans, well done Bristol footie fans.

Back to the serious thread - I'll be interested to see how much was raised today and if we've reached the target set.

I think it was around £600 needed today - should have made that I would have thought.

Back to the serious thread.....

I'm sure Brian will let us all know as soon as he possibly can.

Brian

Well done to all those involved with the collection , I put my tenner in hope you will have collected enough for the lad to have a great day,

Archived