IGNORED

Today is EE day....

And Its Smith

This is it then people.

The people that want the east end so desperately (and I'm one of them) and the people that get sick of hearing about it and couldnt care less, today is the day.

Will we sing our hearts out for our team? and will it make a blinding bit of difference?

Steve Lansdown will have to back down if it all goes well, no sign of trouble and its like the good old days.

How many people will be singing and will we get people posting on here tomorrow saying "well I was sat in the Ayteo and I couldnt hear anything"?

The late 60`s and early 70`s are gone, but to get like minded fans in the same area is good :dancing6: for those who want to stay seated where they are with there arms folded thats fine to :fastasleep: ; but a few memories will return today; East, East, Eastenders :dancing6:

ey, mad for it.

Frustrated folk at AG actually feeling free to positively express themselves? Sounds like fun to me.

If Brentford's reviews are similar to that of Chesterfield's a few years ago ''those fans were a credit to the Club'', ''sang their hearts out'', ''supberb'' etc as opposed to the general consensus of visiting supporters: ''City fan's don't know how to sing'', ''Ashton Gate the Library'' etc, then I for one will be a very happy chappy.

'Trouble' (ie/young excitable kiddies 'jumping on fences') is a small inkling. The 'Club' will use any minor incident to fuel the ''I told you so'' stance to not pick the 12th man again - madness. Certain elements on here will embarrass themselves over that also. The same rules don't apply to The Williams (Coventry, Millwall...I could go on), The Atyeo - City's 'home end' ie/The Family Stand - where folk spit at fellow fans and ofcourse The Dolman where just the other week a 'fan' attempted a smack of Bradley.

ps/Anyone else just been given a 10 day suspension from their job? He want's me more than I want him, new part time job me thinks. Hard, digilent, conscientious worker, recovered alcoholic, any offers? Let me know.

I shall be in the East end today with my young son and one other, and my reasons are as follows.

I will be with like minded people who love to express their PASSION for the club and be very vocal.

Its fun being in the East end, a quote from my son.

The banter with the away fans is better and therefore more intense, so again adding to the atmosphere.

Hopefully the noise and singing will raise our game from the start, and intimidate the opposition.

I like to sing at a football match without annoying any non singers sitting next to me, and ruin their 90 minutes.

I'm packing my throat lozanges before I leave, and win or lose today, I will have done my bit to raise the team. And no matter what the result , I will have had a bloody good day out with my son.

Surely this is what footy is all about, entertaintment on the pitch, and the ability to entertain yourselves.

So Mr L if today goes well, please think about the East end for those who want it, to the end of the season please....

I'm not banking on it being really full for the first go at it as we had a delay in details from the club to promote it

and the tickets up to 11am is not great, it would have been better if it was up to 2pm

we had 2 bad derby games and flyers didn't go out untill after the northampton home game

buecuse of the delay in ticket details so not many match day fans there to read them...

no excusses just hard to promote a event with one arm tied behined your back.

but we'll see.

no matter if 200 or 2,000 in there today i will enjoy it and try to make some noise....

I'm not banking on it being really full for the first go at it as we had a delay in details from the club to promote it

and the tickets up to 11am is not great, it would have been better if it was up to 2pm

we had 2 bad derby games and flyers didn't go out untill after the northampton home game

buecuse of the delay in ticket details so not many match day fans there to read them...

no excusses just hard to promote a event with one arm tied behined your back.

but we'll see.

no matter if 200 or 2,000 in there today i will enjoy it and try to make some noise....

Quality not quantity bruv, our only responsibility now is to turn up and have a rare old party.

Nothing to prove to no one, 'trouble free' :fingerscrossed: is my only concern.

in-a-bit.

Absolutely buzzing mate.

I will be in there with a few mates as well, hopefully bringing enough marigolds to go around.

I completely agree with EXETER RED on this issue though. It's good that loads of like-minded fans can all stand together in the East End, have a good cheer and hopefully raise the teams performance.

However it is true, as many have said, that those in the EE think we are making a lot of noise and then exit the gound only for the Dolman and Atyeo to say "we couldn't hear a thing"! I hope today we can make enough noise that they will hear us and that Landsdown will see how much of an assest the EE can be.

I also hope the 'excitable little kiddies' who like to cause 'trouble' by climbing the fence will take head and just not bother. Landsdown will take the slightest hint of trouble as a chance to close our dear EE. I pray all goes well and we can all have a good time and make the lads perform well.

It's good that loads of like-minded fans can all stand together

that is the deep root problem we are looking to solve at ashton gate, it's not just about the eastend but a area

unreserved to do this, at the moment the EE has the empty seating area for this without upsetting the un-like

minded people.

I will be in there with a few mates as well, hopefully bringing enough marigolds to go around.

Now that does remind me......

Is Tesco Value acceptable?

Bring it all on.

Incidentally, I believe those in the lower regions of the Dolman will be fully intune with what's going on, Bentford and the all important Redmen certainly will, me as well.

Right; spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch, time to chip on me thinks...

can anyone clarify - i rang up and gave my season ticket number to exchange for the east end but did i only have untill 11 this morning to exchange my ticket? or can I do it up until kick off?

you have untill 11am to buy your ticket or swap a season ticket at the ground or over the phone

but once doing so you have untill kick off to pick up pre booked tickets.

you can't buy or swap after 11am.

Now I can't remember the glory days of the EE in the 70's but I do remember the 2003 season when for a period of games we were allowed in there. I fully beleive that we wouldn't have won the close games (Plymuff, Wrexham etc) had we not been singing our hearts out in there. Even the players said that we acted like a 12th man.

Sing your hearts out today lads and ignore all the threads from the moaners on here. The EE can make a difference!

Coooommmmmme on you reds

........... at the moment the EE has the empty seating area for this without upsetting the un-like

minded people.

You mean those who like to leave the Gate 15 mins BEFORE the final whistle!!, :redcard:

and those who sit there, arms folded, never sing, chant, moan or get behind the players. :bored:

Can't be there in person today, but i shall be listening out for the "atmosphere" on BCFC WORLD...

:phone:

S.L, S.L give us a wave............ and he did :o could be a problem with what 99% of fans in there were doing though for 99.9% of the time; still they may of not noticed :me?:

Gotta say that it was a wicked day - thouroughly enjoyed my afternoon back in the EE. Sang song I haven't sang since....well...I can't remember! Singing for 90 minutes solid has left me with a slightly sore but happy throat!

Happy days!

Thanks to Mr. Lansdown & BCFC for taking a chance on us & giving us a great afternoon.

The EE effect was obvious, the noise levels much higher than normal, and the fact was commented on several times. Keep the Red Flag flying high, we're Cider Reds till we die!! Well done lads n lasses!! :chant6ez: :chant6ez: :chant6ez: :chant6ez:

Archived