IGNORED

Team v Bradford

Bristol Boy

Looking at this game, it highlights why one needs a squad of players.

If we have the same players available that we had Saturday -i.e. No Andrews, Brooker, Keogh, Carey-and we have no new injuries,I would acatually revert to a 4-4-2, playing two more holding midfielders as we did last year and two wide players.If the players who were injured return, then we have more options and I would stick with 3-5-2

4-4-2-Assuming Brooker, Carey & Keogh are still out:

............BASSO......

ORR.....MCCOMBE.............FONTAINE............MCALLISTER.........

WILSON............NOBLE......RUSSELL.BETSY....

..........SHOWUNMI............JEVONS.....

SUBS

WEALE

SMITH

MYRIE-WILLIAMS

JOHNSON

SKUSE

3-5-2-If the injured players are back and we have no new injuries

..........BASSO......

..CAREY...........MCCOMBE........KEOGH.......

WILSON...JOHNSON.......RUSSELL..........NOBLE............MCALLISTER....

..........BROOKER..SHOWUNMI.......

SUBS

WEALE

JEVONS

BETSY

SKUSE

FONTAINE

Injured:Andrews & Murray

Rested:Woodman, Thomas,Orr, Myrie-Williams, Partridge.

I think players like Skuse could probably do with a rest and Russell should be the freshest of our midfield quartet.Surely our luck with injuries and the form of our strikers must improve and with two tough away games coming up, we could do with that seven point cushion.The second formation is tough on Orr & Fontaine who did well on Saturday.

4-4-2-Assuming Brooker, Carey & Keogh are still out:

............BASSO......

ORR.....MCCOMBE.............FONTAINE............MCALLISTER.........

WILSON............NOBLE......RUSSELL.BETSY....

..........SHOWUNMI............JEVONS.....

SUBS

WEALE

SMITH

NOBLE

JOHNSON

SKUSE

Noble starting and on the bench.........quality, personally put Parto on bench for defensive cover

personally I think we have to see how Noble is recovering from Illness? he's play 60mins for 2 games in a week and done well, but it may be a game too many for him

either way, considering the last few weeks only other change I would make is Enoch for Smith, Enoch hasn't looked himself recently whereas Smith is a good battler and is constantly putting defenders under pressure, he's also shown he can create chances for players as well.

Looks like Andrews, Brooker, Keogh & Murray will all miss out but could all be available for Crewe.

We could also give Noble (Flu) & Skuse (Calf) a rest in adavance of another two massive games in five days.

Woodman & Partridge both miss out and could be on their way in the summer.

Given Bradfords form, the fact that they'll probably park the bus in front of the goal and had us watched playing 3-5-2 I'd go for:

4-4-2

.............BASSO..................

ORR..........CAREY.........MCCOMBE.............MCALLISTER...........

WILSON....JOHNSON......RUSSELL...............BETSY......

...............JEVONS.........SHOWUNMI.............

SUBS

WEALE

NOBLE

SKUSE

MYRIE-WILLIAMS

FONTAINE

Midfield looks a bit lightweight to me, there, BB. I'd put Skuse in from the start as he's our only real midfield destroyer and you need somebody to intimidate the opposition. I mean, your formation might work, and if it did it'd probably be lovely to watch but with so many players out anyway I think Cole's going to have to soldier on.

My team would be:

..Basso.....

..........Keogh......McCombe......Fontaine..........

..Betsy.....Johnson...Noble....Skuse......Wilson..

......Smith.............Jevons....

Subs:

Weale

Orr

McAllister

Johnson

Showunmi

That's assuming Carey and Brooker don't play due to injury.

4-4-2

.............BASSO.....

ORR..........CAREY.........MCCOMBE.............MCALLISTER...........

WILSON....JOHNSON......RUSSELL..BETSY......

..JEVONS.........SHOWUNMI.............

SUBS

WEALE

NOBLE

SKUSE

MYRIE-WILLIAMS

FONTAINE

I'd agree fully with that.

As you said, Bradford are just trying to stop the rot right now and they'd be more than happy with a point, so playing without Skuse is less of a risk. Russell may not be the perfect player when it comes to breaking up opposition play, but he is very good at picking a pass and has created his fair share of goals this term. I think this will be a more important trait, considering the situation and opponent.

Plus, Crewe and Doncaster away will both provide us with stern tests of our excellent away record, and I'd rather play a 'weaker' team against Bradford than either of them. A Huddersfield fan I work with here in Leeds went to their game against the bantams this weekend and said they looked totally demoralised after Huddersfield scored early and seemed to be on damage prevention for the rest of the game. Could have been a cricket score by his account.

Would be nice to see Enoch get back on the score sheet, and my single concern with the above line-up would be the fact both of the forwards have only scored one goal from open play between them since January. However, I can't really say Smith or JMW would be a better choice, so let's just hope they both find form against a team we need to beat.

I'd go with either....

......Basso.............

.....Carey....McCombe.....Fontaine.....

Betsy..Noble...Russel...Johnson....McCalister

...Jevons..............

......Enoch............

Weale/ thomas

Orr

Wilson

Skuse

Smith

If Carey doesn't make it, id have no hesitation in putting Orr back in, didn't look particularly out of place in the Back 3 on sat. McCallister back in because he adds quality.

Or:

.......Basso...........

Orr.....Carey.........McCombe....McCallister

Betsy......Johnson.....Russell.....Enoch

..Smith.....Jevons..

Weale

Noble

Fontaine

JMW

Wilson

Midfield looks a bit lightweight to me, there, BB. I'd put Skuse in from the start as he's our only real midfield destroyer and you need somebody to intimidate the opposition. I mean, your formation might work, and if it did it'd probably be lovely to watch but with so many players out anyway I think Cole's going to have to soldier on.

The problem is that with three games in the next ten days we don't need Skuse carrying an injury or Noble ill.I believe that statisically Russell & Johnson is the best midfield and we haven't lost when they've played together.

My team would be:

..Basso.....

..........Keogh......McCombe......Fontaine..........

..Betsy.....Johnson...Noble....Skuse......Wilson..

......Smith.............Jevons....

Subs:

Weale

Orr

McAllister

Johnson

Showunmi

That's assuming Carey and Brooker don't play due to injury.

As I said,Carey will be back and Brooker & Keogh look like missing out.There is another issue with Carey and his 12 yellows meaning that if he picks up another three before the cut off, he'll face a three game suspension.

Surely McAllister must play in either formation?

Surely McAllister must play in either formation?

Wilson and Betsy have done well the last few games in my book and I wouldn't drop either of them so in a 352 they'd be ahead of McAllister in the queue. We're at home to a poor side who'll put 10 men being the ball, pace and creativity will be needed in unlocking them. That's why I'd like to see us play with two quick wingers/wing backs and a midfield that can provide with Skuse to cover the ground.

On the rest, I'd expect Keogh to have recovered from man flu and if he has he gets in ahead of Mr Booking-Happy, neither Fontaine nor McCombe are likely to miss out after playing well on Saturday IMO. I think Brooker will sit it out with a view to him starting on the weekend and Showunmi was totally ineffective in the last game.

• Admin
The problem is that with three games in the next ten days we don't need Skuse carrying an injury or Noble ill.I believe that statisically Russell & Johnson is the best midfield and we haven't lost when they've played together.

Put even simpler, we haven't lost a single game that Russell has started in with our record being W11 D8 L0 in his 19 starts.

He appears to be our lucky mascot :dance:

In fact, in light of this, stick him in for the final 10 games and at that rate we'll finish on 89 or 90 points :winner_third_h4h:

Put even simpler, we haven't lost a single game that Russell has started in with our record being W11 D8 L0 in his 19 starts.

In fact, in light of this, stick him in for the final 10 games and at that rate we'll finish on 89 or 90 points :winner_third_h4h:

Or when Boom Booms been captain. I make it 11 wins and 1 draw. :innocent06:

Or when Boom Booms been captain. I make it 11 wins and 1 draw. :innocent06:

I saw them both in Clifton yesterday afternoon, Russell was getting his hair cut and Boom Boom was just looking yummy. As they seem to be a tag team maybe thats double the luck?

Stalking again?

The position of 'Forum Stalker' has recently become available. If Dolly wants the job she'll have to apply like everyone else!

By the way, I agree with Tom Buck's selection for this evening.

The position of 'Forum Stalker' has recently become available. If Dolly wants the job she'll have to apply like everyone else!

OOOOOO where can I apply...??

Shall i post my application at your house Jay :blink:

Only prob is that Keogh, apparently, is still recovering from illness.

I still think that, given our squad strength, we shouldn't risk the likes of Skuse and Noble if they aren't fit.

Only prob is that Keogh, apparently, is still recovering from illness.

I still think that, given our squad strength, we shouldn't risk the likes of Skuse and Noble if they aren't fit.

I agree, theres no point having such great squad depth if your not going to use it. I'd rather we have a fully fit squad for the games vs Yeovil and Forest. They are afterall 6 pointers.

PS I know where u live.

Just gimme the job, I do undercover stalking quite well. Boom boom barely knew I was even there.......oh hang on........waaaaaaaaaaa!!!! :unsure:

:sofa:

Does that mean it is relatively safe to mention Steve Brooker?

:fingerscrossed:

Archived