IGNORED

Forest Striker Strength & Ours

Bristol Boy

I'm hoping that ES & SB have an unexpected injury free period between now and the end of the season.

I think we've done pretty well this season given that what most people would consider our best strike partnership.

It was interesting to note that Forest started with Tyson & Holt on the bench yesterday wth the in form Aggogo up front with one time City target Jack Lester.

I'm hoping that ES & SB have an unexpected injury free period between now and the end of the season.

I think we've done pretty well this season given that what most people would consider our best strike partnership.

It was interesting to note that Forest started with Tyson & Holt on the bench yesterday wth the in form Aggogo up front with one time City target Jack Lester.

More interesting - we've scored one more then them having played a game less!

Even though their strikers are apparently better than ours! :disapointed2se:

Agogo has a massive seven league goals all season, and one of those was a penalty, Tyson has 6, Grant Holt 10 and Lester 5, hardly in the Billy Sharp category, any of them, are they? In fact they've only got three more than him between all four of them and only Holt has actually scored more league goals than Scotty Murray, whilst Jevons has scored just as many as their top scorer and Enoch has got more than all of the others, too.

What this says to me is despite their reputations and fees (Tyson cost £675k, Holt £300k, Agogo over £100k) that their front players have done no better than our two Bosman signings.

More interesting - we've scored one more then them having played a game less!

Doesn't reflect on the run in.

Even though their strikers are apparently better than ours! :disapointed2se:

Who said they were better?

Agogo has a massive seven league goals all season, and one of those was a penalty, Tyson has 6, Grant Holt 10 and Lester 5, hardly in the Billy Sharp category, any of them, are they? In fact they've only got three more than him between all four of them and only Holt has actually scored more league goals than Scotty Murray, whilst Jevons has scored just as many as their top scorer and Enoch has got more than all of the others, too.

What this says to me is despite their reputations and fees (Tyson cost £675k, Holt £300k, Agogo over £100k) that their front players have done no better than our two Bosman signings.

The fact that Tyson, ala Brooker, had a long spell (longer if I remember) out injured probably has something to do with that.

We could also say that their £120k signing has done better than our £225k signing in Brooker, just lately, both in terms of goals and appearances.

It may show that the two clubs have sufficent squad strength to continue with a charge towards automatic promotion in spite of injuries & suspensions.

Forest could have Drogba and Rooney playing up front for us and they still wouldn't score! It's not about the talent we have up front, because personally I think we are strong in that area it's the service they are getting. The service to our front two/three has been dismal all season. Forest are crying out for a creative midfielder but have had no joy in the loan market.

It was reported we approached Brum about signing Neil Danns but he'd rather play for the reserves! And Matt Jarvis from Gillingham was touted but his agent quashed the move. Until we can sort out the midfield, I'm afraid even making the play-offs would be a bonus.

Well done to City though, still grinding out results adn looking strong.

Forest could have Drogba and Rooney playing up front for us and they still wouldn't score! It's not about the talent we have up front, because personally I think we are strong in that area it's the service they are getting. The service to our front two/three has been dismal all season. Forest are crying out for a creative midfielder but have had no joy in the loan market.

It was reported we approached Brum about signing Neil Danns but he'd rather play for the reserves! And Matt Jarvis from Gillingham was touted but his agent quashed the move. Until we can sort out the midfield, I'm afraid even making the play-offs would be a bonus.

Fair point.

Reminds me of many city fans comments when MS and MB couldn't score...

Commons has always impressed me.Isn't he the answer?

I think you'll make the play offs as a bare minimum and there's no way I'd write off Forest or Yeovil even if we win tomorrow night

Grinding outs the word and my blood pressure is going up by the week

Calderwood made a comment about his strikers recently when asked about the lack of a 20+ man.

He basically said, would i swap where we were for where Crewe were? Of course not.

No, but I bet he'd swap where he is for where S****horpe are and Billy Sharpe is the main difference on what I've seen.

Archived