IGNORED

AFC Wimbledon petition

Vespa Red

In recent weeks, AFC Wimbledon have been docked 18 points by the Ryman Premier league for "fielding a player" (Jermaine Darlington) "without international clearance". As I understand it, Darlington has had clearance for all of his other clubs (Cardiff included) but due to an admin error, didn't get sufficient clearance for the Ryman league.

As a consequence a group of AFC fans have gathered together a petition which has collected 4,000 names in the first three days requesting that the Govt intervene. A tad niave possibly but the sentiment is sound; AFC are after all one of the most shat on football clubs in recent footballing history. Please take some time having a look at the petition and sign if you agree.

Incidentally, I went to watch AFC the other week (when City were at Brighton). Took me back to the days when we were in the old 4th division. Terracing, passion etc.

Thanks for your time.

AFC Wimbledon petition

Vespa Red

nope rules are rules sadly.

Just because you're AFC Wimbledon, doesn't mean you have the right to ignore them.

Bury got thrown out the FA cup, Accrington Stanley will most likely be docked points probably leading to relegation for doing exactly the same thing.

Q: Why should AFC Wimbledon be any different?

A: They shouldn't!

rules are rules

however the F A seem only interested in punishing small clubs

how about bringing some equity back into football punishing those premiership teams that play weakened sides in the f a cup?

the F A have created a disgusting monster in the premiership, clubs turned into elitist greedy corporations bought by foreign franchises intent on sucking the blood out of english football fans and TV zombies.

Hurray for AFC :englandflag:

In recent weeks, AFC Wimbledon have been docked 18 points by the Ryman Premier league for "fielding a player" (Jermaine Darlington) "without international clearance". As I understand it, Darlington has had clearance for all of his other clubs (Cardiff included) but due to an admin error, didn't get sufficient clearance for the Ryman league.

As a consequence a group of AFC fans have gathered together a petition which has collected 4,000 names in the first three days requesting that the Govt intervene. A tad niave possibly but the sentiment is sound; AFC are after all one of the most shat on football clubs in recent footballing history. Please take some time having a look at the petition and sign if you agree.

Incidentally, I went to watch AFC the other week (when City were at Brighton). Took me back to the days when we were in the old 4th division. Terracing, passion etc.

Thanks for your time.

AFC Wimbledon petition

Vespa Red

Signed :dancing6:

Over 7,300 so far!!

Guest east_dundry_red
Like Premiership West Ham...

Truth is, most big clubs are well run clubs.

Do you think they would dock west ham points if they were at the othe rend of the premiershit? i doubt they would. They havent got the bottle to do it to chelsea after all of their dodgy dealings. The f.a like the clubs that make them money. Like it or not they will punish the smaller clubs and let the bigger ones off long as they keep getting their cash.

OK rules are rules....but the rules are Draconian and extremely harsh. Boston and Chesterfield cheated deliberately over the course of an entire season and recieved a 4 and 9 point deduction respectively. 18 for a silly administrative oversight is ridiculous and the Ryman Leagues way of making sure AFCW stay in their league (they contribute lots of revenue for the Ryman Leagues clubs due to their huge support for that level)

Signed.

Thanks for your time.

AFC Wimbledon petition

Vespa Red

This was brought up in the house of commons yesterday and the prime minsiter agreed that AFC Wimbeldon shouldnt be docked points. Think i saw it on Sky Sports News

This was brought up in the house of commons yesterday and the prime minsiter agreed that AFC Wimbeldon shouldnt be docked points. Think i saw it on Sky Sports News

Yeah because he knows alot about football...

he told an interviewer that his "teenage hero" was the footballer Jackie Milburn, whom he would watch from the seats behind the goal at St James's Park. In fact, Milburn played his last game for Newcastle United when Blair was just four years old, and there were no seats behind the goal at the time...

Archived