IGNORED

City strikers

Redturner

i think city need a 20+ goal season striker which we have lacked this season as 9 goals is most one of our strikers have scored this season and i think we a goal machine to stay up in the champ when we go up.

who should we get?

What's been good this season is that our midfielders have been getting goals at the right time. I still agree with you and if we do get promoted then we will need to buy a striker who we can rely on to get plenty of goals.

We have our defence to thank for that. They have been fantastic and have helped get us into the wonderful position we are in.

i agree many of the games we have won have been 1-0 and 2-1 we a couple of high scoring games coming back from the behind and even i those our midfleid and defence has scored some of them and and even at the 3-0 victory at oldham we needed bad goalkeeping to get some of the goals so i think we still need a new striker even if we don't go up (which we will)

We have our defence to thank for that. They have been fantastic and have helped get us into the wonderful position we are in.

and the forwards.......5th in goal scorer charts, goal differnce is based on both and without the goals the defence doesn't count for nothing,

you can't praise a good goal difference totally on a difference, don't buy into the fact we need more strikers in Jevons and Brooker we have quality players who should and could play at a higher level without doubt,

In the championship they will be involved in better flowing football and have the ability to get goals without doubt, the fact that Jevons got a hat-trick against Cov backs this up, you just have to look among the top scorers in the Championship and you see Colchesters Cureton and Iwolumo are up their, would you swap those 2 for Brooker & Jevons?

I wouldn't!

the fact that Jevons got a hat-trick against Cov backs this up,

he only scored one goal were you at the game.

Also jevons isn't camp standard he hasn't got pace and never looks threating although i agree brooker is.

our best partnership is enoch and brooks not jevo

and the forwards.......5th in goal scorer charts, goal differnce is based on both and without the goals the defence doesn't count for nothing,

you can't praise a good goal difference totally on a difference, don't buy into the fact we need more strikers in Jevons and Brooker we have quality players who should and could play at a higher level without doubt,

In the championship they will be involved in better flowing football and have the ability to get goals without doubt, the fact that Jevons got a hat-trick against Cov backs this up, you just have to look among the top scorers in the Championship and you see Colchesters Cureton and Iwolumo are up their, would you swap those 2 for Brooker & Jevons?

I wouldn't!

Hattrick against Coventry? By Coventry you mean Gillingham right?

Brooker when fit is good enough for the Championship, but he's not been fit like ever this season and his record before that isn't great.

Jevons is an unknown at that level. I think he'll do better there (if we're promoted of course) but I certainly would not want to go into a season in the division above with two injury prone crocks (harsh but not inaccurate based on this season), a raw youngster with much to learn and Jevons.

The strikers between the four of them have managed 22 league goals this season, 4 or 5 of those being penalties off the top of my head, and that's not really indicative of a good striker force that will compete at the next level at all.

Only 4 players are looking likely to hit 20 goals in the championship this season. Chopra (FREE), Kamara(£1.5 million), Rasiak(£2 million) and Earnshaw(£3.5 million).

If we people think if we go up we'll immediately be able to sign this quality of player they're deluding themselves.

Only four players look likely in our league fo crying out loud so where the regular supply of 20+ goal scorers we're meant to sign are coming from i have no idea! Perhaps the people who want them can tell me?

This 20+ man is a myth, what we actually lack is goals from central midfield and the left. Only Murray in midfield gets a regular amount of goals and he's one of the major doubts in terms of abiltiy for the championship having failed there before.

Think we could do with another striker if we get to the Championship possibly two. Honestly think we should try getting in Mcleod(sp?) at MK Dons and Varney at Crewe.

ATM though we don't need another striker plus we wont be able to get one better than we already have on-loan.

as long as we r keeping clean sheets 1 goal is enough

and atleast our goals r being shared throughout the team

just think if sharp got injured for scunny

where would their goals come from??

The point of the thread was about having enough goals in the team to stay in the championship next season. Besides a handfull of games watching City, i have spent most of this season watching Championship football at Birmingham City & my view is that yes you do need a 20+ goal striker in your team if you have ambitions of pushing on. In that division you are only as good as your strikers - Birmingham have invested heavily in McSheffrey, Jerome & Rowan Vine all of whom are chipping in with 13 - 14 goals each. It is no coincidence to see them top of the Championship. I think the Robins can hold there own in the higher division with the current squad.

diden't rowan vine score his first birmigham goal on the weekend?

Yes. you are right, but my point was that investement in strikers is absolutely neccessary at that level. Do the board at Ashton Gate have serious money to spend if/when we are promoted? What we do not want to see is City struggling & coming back down through lack of investement.

If/ When we go up, i'd like to see Luke Varney come in and possibly Jarvis from Gillingham.

I personaly think we would hold our own in the Championship, because we seem to play better when we play against teams who play football, and we strugle when they play hoofball (Cheltenham and Rovers for example).

Assuming that we gain promotion, and Southend are relegated from the Championship [ likely ], Eastwood may like to stay in the higher division. In a losing team, he has scored 16. Anyone have an idea what he would cost ?

Assuming that we gain promotion, and Southend are relegated from the Championship [ likely ], Eastwood may like to stay in the higher division. In a losing team, he has scored 16. Anyone have an idea what he would cost ?

probably looking at around £2m minimum I reckon

Archived