IGNORED

Do It In Style

Rowley Birkin

I know we are now at the crucial stage of the season, but in recent home games, I feel we bring the pressure on ourselves, by tippy tappy balls in the middle, instead of getting it wide.

When we have Wilson and Betsy in the side ,I just don't think like on Saturday, we get at teams enough round the back.

Which we are more than capable of doing, and it frustrates the hell out of me, when you have a player over seven foot tall playing as striker !

He needs service from the wings, not played into his feet, with his back to goal to be a real threat.

G.J. is doing a great job, and our position speaks for itself, but surely we play far too narrow much of the time, when we have the pace and ability to spread things out, and get the best out of players.

So come City, your confidence must be soaring, lets get the ball fizzing around the park in these last few games, and attack teams with pace and power, and a style to make us proud to support this club.

GET AT 'EM !

I know we are now at the crucial stage of the season, but in recent home games, I feel we bring the pressure on ourselves, by tippy tappy balls in the middle, instead of getting it wide.

When we have Wilson and Betsy in the side ,I just don't think like on Saturday, we get at teams enough round the back.

Which we are more than capable of doing, and it frustrates the hell out of me, when you have a player over seven foot tall playing as striker !

He needs service from the wings, not played into his feet, with his back to goal to be a real threat.

G.J. is doing a great job, and our position speaks for itself, but surely we play far too narrow much of the time, when we have the pace and ability to spread things out, and get the best out of players.

So come City, your confidence must be soaring, lets get the ball fizzing around the park in these last few games, and attack teams with pace and power, and a style to make us proud to support this club.

GET AT 'EM !

Agree completely. Good post

The lack of a legt winger has been a draw back this season as has the lack of a quality/prolific striker.

Service to the front players is an issue and has been for ages, not just this season.

In terms of the wide players, I think we should either utilise McAllister & Wilson as wing backs or revert to 4-4-2 with Betsy & Wilson wide and McAllister restored at left back for tomorrow evening.

The lack of a legt winger has been a draw back this season as has the lack of a quality/prolific striker.

Service to the front players is an issue and has been for ages, not just this season.

In terms of the wide players, I think we should either utilise McAllister & Wilson as wing backs or revert to 4-4-2 with Betsy & Wilson wide and McAllister restored at left back for tomorrow evening.

4-4-2

Mcallister wth Wilson in front, Orr at right back with Betsy in front of him, all overlapping and getting the crosses in, now that would be good to see!

GET AT 'EM !

Kev was getting decent crosses in against Northampton, no one in the box though ! As for Brian, I have yet to see his left foot in use and he has the same dilemma as other's used in that position,eg Wilkshire, Scott Brown, Scott Murray, they keep checking back.

Completely agree.

They need to have the service to them, when was the last time you saw the ball being played in behind the full back for them to run on too ? (I thought Betsy had one in the first half Saturday ? but I could be dreaming)

They seem to be under orders just to sit in, and also tuck in, which ends up with a conjested middle, and no outlets.

It's o.k. away to play on the break like that, but it'd be nice to take teams to the cleaners at Ashton Gate, like we have in years gone by, and play in their half not scrape through by the skin of their teeth.

Please Gary utilise the wings, it's exiting and gets the crowd going.

Archived