IGNORED

Why?

screech

Why does it always happen to us, different managers, different players, different coaching staff but the same old City choking at the last. don't kid yourselves about Bradford, they should have been cannon fodder for this team, again we found ourselves in touching distance of auto promotion and again we appear to be throwing away a great position. Why?

Why does it always happen to us, different managers, different players, different coaching staff but the same old City choking at the last. don't kid yourselves about Bradford, they should have been cannon fodder for this team, again we found ourselves in touching distance of auto promotion and again we appear to be throwing away a great position. Why?

The Answer my friend .......... is blowing in the wind

Because we can, and because people expect it (specially the sags-gotta keep cthem amused prevents them seeing their lowly league position :whistle2: )

Positive thinking about a 3-1 defeat at home to a relegation threatened side, you've lost me there.

Gloss over it if you must but the fact is, the club has missed a golden chance to have one foot in the championship tonight, Yeovil and Forest will get a huge lift from this result, 4 points clear is ok, but winning tonight would have meant we could have lost 3 games out of our remaining before we would have been overtaken, this is a disastrous result for the team.

Positive thinking about a 3-1 defeat at home to a relegation threatened side, you've lost me there.

Gloss over it if you must but the fact is, the club has missed a golden chance to have one foot in the championship tonight, Yeovil and Forest will get a huge lift from this result, 4 points clear is ok, but winning tonight would have meant we could have lost 3 games out of our remaining before we would have been overtaken, this is a disastrous result for the team.

to be pedantic Screech, 3-2. Other than that no disgreements.

seagull don't panic will be ok

again we appear to be throwing away a great position. Why?

Why does one freak home result, including one of the best goals I've seen at AG that came totally out of the blue, which leaves us 4 points clear of 3rd with merely the second best home record in the entire country, mean that we're throwing it away?

I can see where screech is coming from with his argument ,was only saying myself the other day that we change the players & managers but we always mess up when it counts.Hoping this season would be different but tonights result has got me thinking otherwise.Sorry for sounding so pessimistic but have seen it so many times.Do feel gutted because Forest & Yeovil must be laughing there heads off now ,plus footy fans in general will be thinking there City go again.

Why does one freak home result, including one of the best goals I've seen at AG that came totally out of the blue, which leaves us 4 points clear of 3rd with merely the second best home record in the entire country, mean that we're throwing it away?

If anything, surely this was a wasted opportunity, I think he means.

I don't remember an opportunity in the last 5 years at least to go 7 points clear of 3rd.

Its absolutely gutting.

:surrender::crying:

How the hell can it be a freak result when half the team did not turn up! don't make no mistake we were sh#te

I don't remember an opportunity in the last 5 years at least to go 7 points clear of 3rd.

Its absolutely gutting.

i agree, the right result would've given forest and yeovil a mountain to climb. Still plenty of points to play for and we've got them both at home it's all up to us

How the hell can it be a freak result when half the team did not turn up! don't make no mistake we were sh#te

It's a freak result because losing at home has happened to us very very rarely, there was no indication that it was coming because we'd played well enough recently, and Bradford are on terrible form. Do you understand what a freak result is?

Over 90 minutes we were not shite at all. A 35 yard strike out of nothing and an extremely well executed counter attack changed the game and left us in disarray with the usual moaning bastards in the crowd unable to support the team, and sure it leaves a sour taste in the mouth but that doesn't make us shite at all.

Its absolutely gutting.

The post is very clear that we're throwing away automatic promotion, which is b***ocks. A season is 46 games long.

Disappointing result, definitely, and yes I'm gutted. But I fail to see how one bad result at home means throwing away a 46 game season when we still have a 4 point advantage on 3rd.

The post is very clear that we're throwing away automatic promotion, which is b***ocks. A season is 46 games long.

Disappointing result, definitely, and yes I'm gutted. But I fail to see how one bad result at home means throwing away a 46 game season when we still have a 4 point advantage on 3rd.

God, could it be any clearer?

If we go 7 points clear, chances of being caught? Slim.

We lost tonight, more of a chance of being caught, if we end up in the play offs...we all know what happens then.

So because we've blown tonights chance, we might have undone the hard work of 36 previous games (9 to go!).

God, could it be any clearer?

If we go 7 points clear, chances of being caught? Slim.

We lost tonight, more of a chance of being caught, if we end up in the play offs...we all know what happens then.

So because we've blown tonights chance, we might have undone the hard work of 36 previous games (9 to go!).

Apparently it could be clearer, I'll try and make it so.

The original post says that we appear to be throwing away a great position.

It's a massive overreaction to one bad result. Losing tonight still leaves it in our hands, we've thrown away nothing. Simple.

If we'd lost three on the trot it would be a little more justifiable to say we're chucking it away, but we haven't and I don't believe we will. Nothing about this side says bottlers to me.

Over 90 minutes we were not shite at all. A 35 yard strike out of nothing and an extremely well executed counter attack changed the game and left us in disarray with the usual moaning bastards in the crowd unable to support the team, and sure it leaves a sour taste in the mouth but that doesn't make us shite at all.

We are not a shite team, but over 90 minutes tonight, we were shite. Its as simple as that! Once again we failed do do any damage in the final third against yet another poor team. Brentford and Northampton, two other very poor teams were beat 1-0 ....tonight Bradford done what they couldnt do, and scored some goals. If we had took the game to them after going 1-0 up and then extended the lead, it would have been a completely different story. For all our dominance in the first half....1 shot on target! Not good enough

I'm just really concerned that the fact that we cannot kill any teams off could cost us big time. We havent thrashed anyone yet this season....why? were too poor in the final third

I'm not a monaing bastard! I NEVER stand in a crowd and slag my team off or moan at players, so like to vent any criticism I have on here (as well as praise of course).

It's a freak result because losing at home has happened to us very very rarely, there was no indication that it was coming because we'd played well enough recently, and Bradford are on terrible form. Do you understand what a freak result is?

I agree entirely with this post. For the first 40 minutes we played very well, certainly better than saturday, and close to chesterfield first half.

Second half we were poor, but it was two errors which gifted the goals. Besty's defending for their 2nd was appalling, showed him inside and got totally skinned. Then Basso threw one in. Don't panic fella's, the two away games are against teams that like to play, and it will suit us. I'll be there Saturday, expecting 3 big points!!

Sorry, our passing and running off the ball was rubbish. Bradford deserved there win over us on a team display. Yeah you get the moaning bastards (as you put it ) in the crowd, let them get on with it, i save my moaning till now, and i am telling you now we were shite tonight. Some of the players left their footballing brains at home.

We are not a shite team, but over 90 minutes tonight, we were shite. Its as simple as that!

No it's not that simple. We were not shite over 90 minutes. Brentford had 4 chances and scored 3 of them. We had plenty, we created more, we totally dominated them in the first half and they scored two totally against the run of play. Both were very hard goals to defend. What happened after was just what happens when you chase a game instead of continuing to do the things you were doing right despite going behind.

Once again we failed do do any damage in the final third against yet another poor team. Brentford and Northampton, two other very poor teams were beat 1-0 ....tonight Bradford done what they couldnt do, and scored some goals. If we had took the game to them after going 1-0 up and then extended the lead, it would have been a completely different story. For all our dominance in the first half....1 shot on target! Not good enough

I'm just really concerned that the fact that we cannot kill any teams off could cost us big time. We havent thrashed anyone yet this season....why? were too poor in the final third

I agree we need more up front, we're really hurting for Brooker's continual absence and we could use a striker who gets in behind. I've said it all season and so have many others.

I'm not a monaing bastard! I NEVER stand in a crowd and slag my team off or moan at players, so like to vent any criticism I have on here (as well as praise of course).

I don't have a problem with criticising on here, I think it's the right place for it. I just have a problem with the moaning bastards at the ground that turn on their team the very moment things don't go our way. There were plenty of them tonight - I don't understand how they think it helps.

Disappointed with our service to our strikers to be honest. Seems like when we're starting to chase games or things arn't going our way we start to knock the ball long and hope something will happen instead of playing our football which created 3 good goals at chesterfield rescently. Our wingers have so much pace but just don't seem to wanna get to the by-line and get a cross in. Disappointing as every loss is but we don't become a bad team over night. Keep the faith, its still in our hands

No it's not that simple. We were not shite over 90 minutes. Brentford had 4 chances and scored 3 of them. We had plenty, we created more

We had 20 shots in total.

I remember 2 that could have possibly been called 'good chances'.

Fact is we waste far too many chances, where our players just cant hit the target.

Sorry, our passing and running off the ball was rubbish.

In the second half when we chased the game yes. Not in the first half, not at all.

Bradford deserved there win over us on a team display.

I don't begrudge them a typical away performance but they were not the better side over 90 minutes, they were clinical and gutsy, fair play to them.

Yeah you get the moaning bastards (as you put it ) in the crowd, let them get on with it, i save my moaning till now, and i am telling you now we were shite tonight. Some of the players left their footballing brains at home.

I'm not aiming the moaning bastards comment at anyone on here, it just winds me up that you see the players heads go down and many of the crowd react by adding to it instead of getting behind them.

In the second half when we chased the game yes. Not in the first half, not at all.

I don't begrudge them a typical away performance but they were not the better side over 90 minutes, they were clinical and gutsy, fair play to them.

I'm not aiming the moaning bastards comment at anyone on here, it just winds me up that you see the players heads go down and many of the crowd react by adding to it instead of getting behind them.

Nibor i can see where you are coming from, this is why we need the EE or somewhere we can stand as one to drown these moaning bastards out. My problem is I WAS BORN UNDER THE EAST END STAND!

Disappointed with our service to our strikers to be honest. Seems like when we're starting to chase games or things arn't going our way we start to knock the ball long and hope something will happen instead of playing our football which created 3 good goals at chesterfield rescently. Our wingers have so much pace but just don't seem to wanna get to the by-line and get a cross in. Disappointing as every loss is but we don't become a bad team over night. Keep the faith, its still in our hands

Agree with this articulate and well written piece, well thought out and accurate. Intelligent comments.

We don't continue doing what makes us successful when we go behind, throwing Smith on up front was a poor move because he just got in the way and seemed to have no clue how to play in a three! Betsy was the biggest disappointment (again). I believe johnson will get us fired up, and i fulled expect a result saturday.

(Oh, and before you get carried away with the praise jarrett...it's stace here!!)

Archived