IGNORED

Lost mobile phone

Red_Mat

Can I just say a big 'thank you' to whichever FELLOW Bristol City fan it was who has this evening STOLEN my mobile phone!

Between walking from the chinese chip shop at the end of North Street along Ashton Road to the ground, until I sat down in my seat in the ground, my phone seems to have disappeared. I've probably dropped it, but I want to thank the person who, let's face it, is more than likely to have been a City fan, who decided to pocket it, rather than handing it into lost property or the police.

I tried calling it with a mate's phone, but despite the fact I charged it this morning it was already switched off, ie they've had the chip out already.

I can think of names to describe this person, but I get in trouble if I call people names on here...

If anyone does know anything, please PM me. Thanks.

Oh, yeah. And then my evening was made complete by this evening's performance. Diabolical.

Can I just say a big 'thank you' to whichever FELLOW Bristol City fan it was who has this evening STOLEN my mobile phone!

Between walking from the chinese chip shop at the end of North Street along Ashton Road to the ground, until I sat down in my seat in the ground, my phone seems to have disappeared. I've probably dropped it, but I want to thank the person who, let's face it, is more than likely to have been a City fan, who decided to pocket it, rather than handing it into lost property or the police.

I tried calling it with a mate's phone, but despite the fact I charged it this morning it was already switched off, ie they've had the chip out already.

I can think of names to describe this person, but I get in trouble if I call people names on here...

If anyone does know anything, please PM me. Thanks.

Oh, yeah. And then my evening was made complete by this evening's performance. Diabolical.

You never know......someone might hand it in. Keep your fingers crossed, there are still honest people in the world.

Yeah, I know. It's contract. Not much I can do tonight, though. Will have to wait until tomorrow.

It's not so much the phone, it's everything on it; all my contacts, saved text messages, pics and vids of places I've been people I've met - football games I've been to; dates and times I've saved in the diary on it. Really annoying.

But even more annoying that it's more than likely been nicked by a City fan...

Try phoning the phone again in the morning.......the finder may have switched it off whilst watching the game, and may well switch it back on tomorrow.

Also, you have to remember that it might have been picked up by someone other than a football supporter.

So what thanks for honesty sometimes, but not always.

Recently my Son found a portable Play Station on his way home from school, woth a few bob I believe. Hehad a look atit and found some pictureswithin (apparently you can load pics) and recognised a boy 2 years his junior from his school. We got out the phonebook found the lads number and rang. Yes he'd lost it, so my Son hand delivered to the lad, his Mother answered and shouted to her Son "***** you doing ***** losing this" and that were that. No gratitude or thanks or owt. That really showed him to be honest!

Recently my Son found a portable Play Station on his way home from school, woth a few bob I believe. Hehad a look atit and found some pictureswithin (apparently you can load pics) and recognised a boy 2 years his junior from his school. We got out the phonebook found the lads number and rang. Yes he'd lost it, so my Son hand delivered to the lad, his Mother answered and shouted to her Son "***** you doing ***** losing this" and that were that. No gratitude or thanks or owt. That really showed him to be honest!

I always think if you lose something, the chances of ever seeing it again are pretty low.

I used to buy unclaimed 'Lost Property' at auctions and you would not believe what people lose......or how much of it.

Yes we could easily we have no debt get 20,000 fans each game, plus all the high earners have left
How long will you keep getting 20,000 if you keep failing?

Believe me, I will be VERY grateful if anyone's conscience takes a hold and decides to hand it back.

I've even left a message on it offering a reward!

Umm, I've just noticed how dubious that 'VERY' sounds...oh, sod it, yeah, whatever, basically I'd be VERY VERY grateful if someone gave it back, if you know what I mean...?! ;)

Believe me, I will be VERY grateful if anyone's conscience takes a hold and decides to hand it back.

I've even left a message on it offering a reward!

Umm, I've just noticed how dubious that 'VERY' sounds...oh, sod it, yeah, whatever, basically I'd be VERY VERY grateful if someone gave it back, if you know what I mean...?! ;)

With all due respects, I hate cell phones, half the population with their fist in their ear talking into space. Do yourself a favour, forget it and be free.

I found a mobile phone in the East End on Saturday, it appeared by my feet when the penalty went in. I did ask the people immediately around me if it was theirs, but no luck. Went and handed it to a steward who gave it to a supervisor. I hope that one got reunited with its owner. :)

With all due respects, I hate cell phones, half the population with their fist in their ear talking into space. Do yourself a favour, forget it and be free.

Interesting concept, but I use it less as a phone, and more as a 'guide to my life'.

This is my filofax, my diary, my camera, my messaging system, everything, all rolled into one. One thing I very rarely use it for is making calls, so I don't often walk around with it attached to my ear.

Oh, and thanks to the mods for moving this thread into the deadzone, where no-one will see it.

In Social City, no-one can hear you scream...

Archived