IGNORED

My Predictions For Crewe & Doncaster

Bristol Boy

I'd just like to say that I am absolutely bewildered and have no idea how we'll do in either game.

Whilst both sides are injury hit and higher in the table, which normally means we'll do OK, it depends on how our continuing injury problems pan out, who's available and what team GJ selects.

We're also away and I genuinely believe we'll probably pick up more points away than at home in the run in.There's less pressure and teams attack us more away.Some of our players seem to have a bottle problem at home, as has been the case for years.

If the Bristol City who played at Oldham or BHA (4-4-2 & 3-1-4-2) turn up or Chesterfield & Blackpool (3-5-2) then we'll be OK.If the Bristol City that failed last night and at home against Huddfld, Cheltm, plus away at S****horpe are there, then forget it.

I'd be a lot more confident if we signed a decent striker before then, but it looks doubtful and I fear that the play offs beckon if Brooker & Showunmi hit form and stay/get fit, for all nine.

For the record, if we don't get an automatic place, barring that signing, I don't think we'll make it via the play offs and that'll be an absolute disaster.

If Brooker is back for Crewe And Doncaster we will have a much better chance in both games, if not then we will really struggle as Jevons and Showunmi are powder puff strikers and are not prepared to put themselves about.

There are good young strikers out there that would come to BCFC on loan and to say there isn't is just burying your head in the sand or a complete lack of scouting knowledge.

I said at the start of the season that we still needed another 20+ striker even after signing Jevons and Enoch and the decision in January to not push the boat out and sign Pospisil WILL come back to haunt us.

BCAGFC

Agree the striker issue is still a concern - Brooker does make a difference but has been too inconsistent and not played enough this season. If he could stay fit for the last 9 games it will probably be the first time this season he has managed it!

Are there really that many good strikers out there who would come here for a short term loan that are any better than what we already have in our Academy? I know they are not proven and maybe a little lightweight but pace and skill often win out - just look at Cotterill and how well he did, and Williams (surely he deserves a chance again - at least he brings a bit more pace to our attack).

Agree the striker issue is still a concern - Brooker does make a difference but has been too inconsistent and not played enough this season. If he could stay fit for the last 9 games it will probably be the first time this season he has managed it!

Are there really that many good strikers out there who would come here for a short term loan that are any better than what we already have in our Academy? I know they are not proven and maybe a little lightweight but pace and skill often win out - just look at Cotterill and how well he did, and Williams (surely he deserves a chance again - at least he brings a bit more pace to our attack).

Apparently scored 4 today in the reserves. Ok only against Weymouth, but worth a place on the bench?

If Brooker is back for Crewe And Doncaster we will have a much better chance in both games, if not then we will really struggle as Jevons and Showunmi are powder puff strikers and are not prepared to put themselves about.

There are good young strikers out there that would come to BCFC on loan and to say there isn't is just burying your head in the sand or a complete lack of scouting knowledge.

I said at the start of the season that we still needed another 20+ striker even after signing Jevons and Enoch and the decision in January to not push the boat out and sign Pospisil WILL come back to haunt us.

BCAGFC

i just don't think it's a striker problem, yes it would be nice to have a 20+ man down here. but they don't always play to the strenths of some of the guys that play up top, if we got to the dead ball line more and fizzed it in jevo and enoch would have scored alot more. most of the time like last night, crosses had no pace and wer in front of there back four making it easy for them to mop up. we just don't seem to turn the away teams defence as much i i would like them to

Have to agree with BB, i think our best chance to go up is to finish second, shame it could have been so much closer had we beaten a relegation threatened side last night. I just don't see us going up through the play offs, City and the play offs just doesnt work. Plus its the same old scenario, having been in the position we found oursleves in last night before the game the play offs will be some what of a dissapointed for BCFC the same as they were the seasons we finished 3rd under DW, but for the likes of YT and OA it will be a massive achievement, and the pressure will be on us more than them. We REALLY need to finish 2nd.

i just don't think it's a striker problem

I will agree with you there and some of the crossing on Tuesday was abysmal but my point is what did Billy Paynter do before or after his wonder goal - NOTHING- in other words we haven't got anybody in our side who can get a goal out of blue like Leroy Lita did many times.

BCAGFC

With Forest having two home games coming up anything less than 4 points would be a disaster.

Our away form is excellent of late which gives me hope going into these crucial games.

CHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEE

Well, we lost to Bradford and Forest are just as capable of screwing up. There'll be more upsets before the season ends.

True, and with Cheltenham fighting bravely against relegation we all know what they are capable of. That is the game I would tip for there to be an upset. I can see Forest steam rolling the Gills.

Nottm Forest v Gillingham.

Nottm Forest v Cheltenham.

Not many people have mentioned Yeovil, but they also have two home games coming up.

Yeovil v Blackpool.

Yeovil v Chesterfield

The next two weeks has the potential too be a complete nightmare for us. Get 4 points and we should still be comfortable.

Of course we all know GJ will be going for 6, and we are capable of doing this with a bit of luck. :fingerscrossed:

Archived