IGNORED

Lee Matthews

Guest Ciderhead Reynolds

Guest Ciderhead Reynolds

Surely with Matthews scoring a few in the reserves , he deserves a chance in the starting x11 , or at least a 20 minute run out from the bench (due to his usual lack of fitness) :Confused13:

He will be on the bench on Sunday because you can predict Wilson easily.

Simon Clist and Marvin Brown will be on a park bench somewhere  :D

Good Marvin is poor in my opinion and has had many chances to impress and has failed. Clisty on the other hand is unlucky not to be anywhere near the 1st team. He must have a real bad attitude problem or he is sh**ing his daughter or something.

Matthews has proved to be nothing but a waste of money. He's usually on the treatment table or in pizza hut. When he does get on the pitch he's normally anonymous, but if he does look promising then that's the cue for another ten week injury.

We have to ditch this sicknote fast.

His goal scoring strike rate is arguably the best at the club.

He does have the knack for being in the right place at the right time. Having just watched Crespo and Van Nistlerooy score goals when the ball has hit them after rebounding from the bar, could be just what we need.

His goal scoring strike rate is arguably the best at the club. 

He does have the knack for being in the right place at the right time.

He also has the knack of being in the wrong place (the treatment room) at the wrong time ... and for much longer.

As for his strike rate for City in 3+ seasons:

Mins on the pitch: 1493

Goals scored: 9

Mins/goal: 166 (better than a goal every other game which is great if he could manage that long without breaking down!)

By comparison, Lea Peacock's City career has seen him score at 196 mins/goal but this season he's striking at 155 (keep it up!) and Mark Robins last season was 74 mins/goal (suggesting he knows what he's doing).

Any professional athlete who is as fat as him should be sacked. He is a fine example of how not to take care of yourself.

Hasn't the dim wit figured out that being unfit means you are more prone to injury?

City whould give him away and use his wages towards Robins

Guest Red_Rat

Lee Matthes was a hero for us in his first year

i'll never forget his goals against Reading and Millwall,but since his injury he has cone back with a severe lack of fitness,he could play a role for us,but only with the necessary levels of stamina and pace, get him on the treadmill............. or get him on the bike to another club.

Saw Lee Matthews and Louis Carey at the Mall today. I wished them both luck, but Lee reckons that he won't get a run-out for a while.

p.s. my flatmate - who happens to be a Cardiff fan - was shocked that over here we can actually walk up to players, have a chat and shake their hands. She thought at first that they were friends of mine...

Having seen "Fatthews" current weight first hand in the rezzies yesterday I can safely say he'll be causing more danger in the Sumo Wrestling ring than on the football field.

The biggest waste of wages - ever. He's gone down the "Beadle" route - I predict a short-term contract at some Northern div 3 side before an abrupt end to his "career".

Archived