IGNORED

Formation......

BCFC Clevedon_Red

Before you read on I am not a moaner or a GJ hater etc. etc. I simply want to make a few points about the situation we are in at the moment.

Last nights result was poor, we were poor. However I do not think the formation that we play is suited to the personnel we have in our squad. Last night Johnson played with BW and KB as wing backs. As we all know, a wing backs role is to make up numbers in attack and to add to numbers in defence. IMO this was not done to any effect in the game. At one point KB lost the ball just over the half way line and then jogged back to retrieve it whilst Schumacher sprinted down HIS wing. With only three at the back this stretches the defence to breaking point. Any decent attacking side will cut us apart with this formation because our players are simply too lazy or too one minded in their approach to games. Lets face it Bradford are not a good side if the league has anything to go by and in any case we could have lost by more.

At the moment we are too wrapped up in our own publicity. It is not our god-given right to go up this season. We have to work for it. The hard work begins now.

GJ did suprise me with some of his subs last night takink Noble off but I don't know whether he was still ill or not?

Any way we live to fight another day so roll on Crewe...... :englandsmile4wf:

Before you read on I am not a moaner or a GJ hater etc. etc. I simply want to make a few points about the situation we are in at the moment.

Last nights result was poor, we were poor. However I do not think the formation that we play is suited to the personnel we have in our squad. Last night Johnson played with BW and KB as wing backs. As we all know, a wing backs role is to make up numbers in attack and to add to numbers in defence. IMO this was not done to any effect in the game. At one point KB lost the ball just over the half way line and then jogged back to retrieve it whilst Schumacher sprinted down HIS wing. With only three at the back this stretches the defence to breaking point. Any decent attacking side will cut us apart with this formation because our players are simply too lazy or too one minded in their approach to games. Lets face it Bradford are not a good side if the league has anything to go by and in any case we could have lost by more.

At the moment we are too wrapped up in our own publicity. It is not our god-given right to go up this season. We have to work for it. The hard work begins now.

GJ did suprise me with some of his subs last night takink Noble off but I don't know whether he was still ill or not?

Any way we live to fight another day so roll on Crewe...... :englandsmile4wf:

I think you cant slag the formation after it has lost when in effect it was made us a lot of points recently. One bad day at the office shouldnt make us panic. It happens in all spells of the season and like it or not this is still a good spell we are going through. 15 points out of the last 18 is more than decent.

easy to hammer the formation after a defeat, however with the fit players avaialbe it made sense to play like that, without Orr and McAllister we lacked quality full backs in cover and playing Carey, Keogh and McCombe together in defence was an excellent move, having skuse playing his ideal holding role, leaving noble and johnson to attack, with Betsy and Wilson doing well on the wings, it did the business without doubt last night was the first defeat since moving to that setup, against the gas we didn't have Betsy and Wilson so it wasn't so effective.

key thing last night was not only that we missed Keogh and Carey, but neither Betsy or Wilson were really in the game

Archived