IGNORED

Is Lee Johnson........

port marine red

The new Luke Wilkshire?? I'm up to be shot down but I really rate Lee and I think he's just too cute for the rest of the team. To me he seems to be a yard ahead of the rest of the them upstairs. Luke Wilkshire used to suffer the same fate. Personally, I reckon if (please) we go up, Lee will be a key player for us

The new Luke Wilkshire?? I'm up to be shot down but I really rate Lee and I think he's just too cute for the rest of the team. To me he seems to be a yard ahead of the rest of the them upstairs. Luke Wilkshire used to suffer the same fate. Personally, I reckon if (please) we go up, Lee will be a key player for us

Personally, I can't help but think Lee Johnson is usually a yard behind the rest of the team...

[Prepare for the abuse] :tomato:

been saying this to a mate for weeks, the boy has quality without a doubt. He's one of the best passers at the club he is very much a player that will do well at a higher level, people moan about his height and his tackling, but despite his shortness he is still a bloody quick player.

personally wouldn't be too suprised if he was playing in the championship in a couple of seasons, with or without us

Personally, I can't help but think Lee Johnson is usually a yard behind the rest of the team...

[Prepare for the abuse] :tomato:

Said this many times he is probably one of our best fitness wise at getting from box to box and he does do a lot of tracking back. Just watch him for 5 minutes and you may realise how he gets around the pitch.

Lee Johnson is a good player, but its too early to compare him to Luke Wilkshire. For me the one thing we are lacking is a decent final ball, or through pass. Wilkshire was capable of that ala Tinnion, and i'm sure Lee Johnson is, just atm none of the midfielders final passes are good enough. The decent ball Noble put in on tuesday, a fantastic cross, instead of heading it, Wilson kinda 'kneed' it, if there is such a thing.

Said this many times he is probably one of our best fitness wise at getting from box to box and he does do a lot of tracking back. Just watch him for 5 minutes and you may realise how he gets around the pitch.

I have watched him for 5 minutes. I have watched him every home game since he got here and he's always giving the ball away and very rarely tracks back to win the ball back.

And he might keep running the entire match, but he hasn't actually got any pace.

I have watched him for 5 minutes. I have watched him every home game since he got here and he's always giving the ball away and very rarely tracks back to win the ball back.

And he might keep running the entire match, but he hasn't actually got any pace.

Were you at bournemouth away. Chased ball all the way back onto their corner flag got the ball passed to McCallister onto Jevos head and we know the rest GGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL

I really like Lee, but and this may sound critical, he is a bit of a 'One Trick Pony'.

Great if his tricks work and the rest of the team read him, but if it doesn't and the opposition suss him out fairly quickly, we are stuffed. He definately needs someone to do the donkey work for him, especially at this level, and we haven't found that player yet, although Skuse is maturing.

Some games he gives the ball away far too often, particularly in recent games. Sometimes he needs to keep it simple and stop going for the spectacular pass. Having said that, on his day, he can be brilliant.

The truth of it is as you say - he tries to be too clever at times either through arrogance or laziness and all the cute flicks don't work at this level - especially when the cute flick goes to the other team - I think if he knuckled down and played the simple ball he would be much better appreciated by a lot of our supporters?

I really like Lee, but and this may sound critical, he is a bit of a 'One Trick Pony'.

Great if his tricks work and the rest of the team read him, but if it doesn't and the opposition suss him out fairly quickly, we are stuffed. He definately needs someone to do the donkey work for him, especially at this level, and we haven't found that player yet, although Skuse is maturing.

The voice of reason, at last. put more eloquently than I ever could!! and hes no Wilkshire. Johnson is not international quality. reasonable, but not that good.

rarely tracks back ???absolute absolute unadullterated cack....what have you been watching?and who has ever said hes got pace???

works his bloody socks off and when he ****s up he gets back to help out. You are still just seeing him as the managers son, get over it.

rarely tracks back ???absolute absolute unadullterated cack....what have you been watching?and who has ever said hes got pace???

works his bloody socks off and when he ****s up he gets back to help out. You are still just seeing him as the managers son, get over it.

agree totally, easily the best midfielder at this club

Watching him at Coventry proved to me he is a class act and when we get promoted he will prove to be one of better players in the championship

Both Noble and Lee are very good players both do have distinct problems though.

Noble seems to lack pace and looks knackerd after 70 minutes. Lee is cant really tackle and sometimes as people have said trys that Killer ball to much.

He is the easy target though, do one thing wrong and thats it he is shit then he scores and we all love him then he mucks up ten seconds later and everyone hates him again. ;) Oh to be a footballer.

Fair play to him though I think he gives his all no matter what and him Noble and Skuse have been very good over the past few weeks (The losses aside) and with Aggy as back up I struggle to remember a stronger midfield.

Speaking of LW, he could be playing in the CL next season and I watched him on some C5 highlights program and seems to still be playing every week. Was a good player here and like Lee I think he would be better in the Championship than this level.

I think nobes & johnson are both good players

If johnson can learn to cut the flicks and fancy crap out when games are tight I'm sure the home crowds wouldn't be on his back. 4-0 up at home and yeah ok, lets see what you can do but lets stick to basics when the results not certain.

Its clear that he's a good footballer and the 4 games against Coventry and boro have proved he will look better in a higher league (god please make sure thats next year)

Noble has started to look better with more games, a lack of reserve games has effected a few players in our squad but lets all (and i mean all) get behind every player in the starting 11 + all subs from now till the 5th may whether they are your choice or not.

My team for tomorrow would be

Basso

Carey McCombe Fontaine

Betsy Johnson Skuse Noble Wilson

Brooker (Enoch) Jevons

This is presuming Dicky Keogh is out + Enoch for brooks, if he's out

Subs

Russell

McCallister

Enoch (or Smith if brooks cant make the 11)

Myrie-Williams

Thomas

Keep the wing backs as they have done very well away from home (blackpool, brighton & chesterfield) sorry bradley, a bit unlucky to miss out.....

His inconsistency is a little irksome, i think maybe his legs aren't quite up to speed with head sometimes. On his day, easily our best midfielder, and one of our few "matchwinners", i would be very interested to see how he coped in the championship. Not impressed with the cupping his ear to the home fans malarky, but i think/hope he's done with that now.

It seems a fair few of our fans still think he's only in the team because he's GJ's son-judging by the cheering/jeering of his substitution on Tues, this is most dissapointing :disapointed2se:

I find that as quite an insult, to be honest. I have never once suggested he is in the team because of his father, or who his uncle are. That has nothing to do with it, unless you think it has. I'm purely going on what I see - and I know I'm not the only one.

I've never said he's the 'worst player ever', as some people seem to think I have suggested, I purely think he's average. The problem here is that too many people on this thread seem to regard Lee Johnson as the Second Coming, and that's clearly not the case. He has the ability to createa fantastic match-winning pass, but more often than not, those passes are likely to go astray than find their man.

He is not Brian Tinnion.

I pointed out his lack of pace because it's a major factor he is lacking. Same as his lack of ability at heading. He can tackle, when he tracks back. And he can play it simple - but not often enough. He can shoot, and he takes a very good free-kick. But anyway my point was that he is usually a step behind, and that is partly to do with pace.

But guys, I don't hate him, so don't get so het up; I'm just pointing out he's average, as several of you have already pointed out. And I'm not sure he's got the ability to step up.

However, Lee, if you're reading - prove me wrong.

I find that as quite an insult, to be honest. I have never once suggested he is in the team because of his father, or who his uncle are. That has nothing to do with it, unless you think it has. I'm purely going on what I see - and I know I'm not the only one.

I've never said he's the 'worst player ever', as some people seem to think I have suggested, I purely think he's average. The problem here is that too many people on this thread seem to regard Lee Johnson as the Second Coming, and that's clearly not the case. He has the ability to createa fantastic match-winning pass, but more often than not, those passes are likely to go astray than find their man.

He is not Brian Tinnion.

I pointed out his lack of pace because it's a major factor he is lacking. Same as his lack of ability at heading. He can tackle, when he tracks back. And he can play it simple - but not often enough. He can shoot, and he takes a very good free-kick. But anyway my point was that he is usually a step behind, and that is partly to do with pace.

But guys, I don't hate him, so don't get so het up; I'm just pointing out he's average, as several of you have already pointed out. And I'm not sure he's got the ability to step up.

However, Lee, if you're reading - prove me wrong.

fair enough son

tinns could be shockin too remember specially when he would race from one side of the pitch to t'other for a sliding tackle

:sub: :sub: :sub: ooooooooohhhhhhhh tinnman is a ....head etc

Lee Johnson is like Luke Wilkshire in one respect, he divides City Fans into pro- and anti- factions.

I thought Wilkshire was ace and was gutted when he left, I really rate him, but he was rarely utilised in his best position, and would have been a revelation in a 3-5-2/5-3-2 formation.His passing and vision were often unappreciated,sadly.

Johnson has bags of skill, but this division is about more than flair, and he lacks the physique to be a ball winner, despite his best efforts.However, he never hides gives 100% even when he isn't playing well and covers an enormous amount of ground in a game.He is also capable of scoring fantastic goals.

He needs a minder, and despite various suggestions about combinations from within the club, I believe that a combative midfielder is what we need to let Johno and Noble shine, but we have not got one at present.Skuse has a tremendous engine and is a box-to box player, who is improving all the time, but we need a destroyer, to break play up and play simple balls to set up the creative players. That, along with a pacy left sided player and a genuine championship class striker, would constitute my post-season shopping list.

Lets get out of this division!!!! C'mon City!!!

I don't like any player that bottles every single challange he goes in for, I haven't ever seen him actually win a tackle, to even want to win a tackle, he then will jog back at his own pace. He looks pretty on the ball but I also cant remember him ever sliding that ball through or creating a clear cut opportunity. He keeps the ball well with no killer ball. Average player would prefer to have Noble alongside and midfielder with a bit of bite.

Noble is one player who has changed my opinion of him. He looks a lot quicker and more clever in his head, he has almost to much vision and ability because our strikers don't make the runs for his quality balls. I personally would even rather have an on form Skuse alongside Noble than an on form Johnson.

At the end of the day if he's wearing a City shirt I'm in full support of him.

The guy is to good for this League,far to quick for a lot of his teammates next year he will shine in the division above.

IF WE GET THERE.

Archived