IGNORED

Richard Keogh - quick, sign him up

Stewbold

Taken from fansfc.com:

Liverpool face stiff competition from Manchester United for the talents of young defender Richard Keogh.

The Bristol City whizzkid has enjoyed a superb season for City and is out of contract in the summer.

Keogh has been watched by a string of Premiership clubs, with Liverpool reportedly leading the hunt.

But rivals Manchester United are set to enter the fray and a two-horse race will ensue for the gifted central defender.

http://www.fansfc.com:80/frontpage/frontpa...p?newsid=164311

I think the details about his contract status were discussed elsewhere on here a while back, as far as i know he has at least 1 year left, even so, id be very suprised if there were any truth in these rumours, Keogh has had an excellent season so far and will go on to be a good player, but Liverpool or Man U? I think not.....not yet anyway!

I was lead to believe that he isn't out of contract in the summer.

Ditto, that seems like tripe to me! I think it would be more understandable if it were premiership clubs like Blackburn, Everton or others like, but Liverpool and Man Utd are massive - and in Man Utd's case they have one of the best central defending pair in the world atm with Vidic and Rio, it would seem pointless. From what i heard he has definatly got at least another year on his contract - or at least i hope.

Taken from fansfc.com:

Liverpool face stiff competition from Manchester United for the talents of young defender Richard Keogh.

The Bristol City whizzkid has enjoyed a superb season for City and is out of contract in the summer.

Keogh has been watched by a string of Premiership clubs, with Liverpool reportedly leading the hunt.

But rivals Manchester United are set to enter the fray and a two-horse race will ensue for the gifted central defender.

http://www.fansfc.com:80/frontpage/frontpa...p?newsid=164311

total and utter rubbish. Rich is going nowhere..end of.

He loves this club and wants his future here.

total and utter rubbish. Rich is going nowhere..end of.

He loves this club and wants his future here.

Thats a very naive comment, Keogh would surely jump at the chance to further his career at a championship/premiership club. The thought of Liverpool or Man-Yoo coming in for him is just ludicrous though.

I don't think he's out of contract until after next season (2008) but I agree I'd like to see us extend him out a couple more years.

If you look back through the records you will see that Tinnion signed RK on a two year contract and this season is his second year,He was only signed for two years as he has just been released by Stoke City FACT

Archived