IGNORED

The Official Cricket World Cup Thread

The Batman

But not just for supporting England, but the general admiration of the best players in the world playing in the boiling hot West Indies. I personally think Pakistan will come back from their defeat in the week to win it, i got a feeling Australia wont do as well as expected, but i wouldn't write off South Africa either, i heard that last year, they were the ODI top team. Can anyone clarify that??

COME ON ENGLAND!!

:englandflag::englandsmile4wf::englandflag:

But not just for supporting England, but the general admiration of the best players in the world playing in the boiling hot West Indies. I personally think Pakistan will come back from their defeat in the week to win it, i got a feeling Australia wont do as well as expected, but i wouldn't write off South Africa either, i heard that last year, they were the ODI top team. Can anyone clarify that??

COME ON ENGLAND!!

:englandflag::englandsmile4wf::englandflag:

Following Australia's string of defeats to England and New Zealand the ICC rankings now have South Africa at number one.

England have an outside chance as Pieterson and Flintoff will hopefully be destructive in the middle order and Monty will still be an unknown quantity for many batsmen. Unfortunately after those three the remainder seem to be pretty average in the one day game and I think we'll really miss Marcus Trescothick ability to score quickly at the start of an innings.

My tip for the tournament is India. How can a batting line up featuring Dravid, Tendulkar, Sehwag, and Ganguly fail? In a tournament where spin is expected to decide games they also have two of the best in Kumble and Harbhajan.

Following Australia's string of defeats to England and New Zealand the ICC rankings now have South Africa at number one.

England have an outside chance as Pieterson and Flintoff will hopefully be destructive in the middle order and Monty will still be an unknown quantity for many batsmen. Unfortunately after those three the remainder seem to be pretty average in the one day game and I think we'll really miss Marcus Trescothick ability to score quickly at the start of an innings.

My tip for the tournament is India. How can a batting line up featuring Dravid, Tendulkar, Sehwag, and Ganguly fail? In a tournament where spin is expected to decide games they also have two of the best in Kumble and Harbhajan.

good shout KNR, i think the Middle Eastern continant teams have excellent squads this year,

sri lanka with Jayawardene, Muralitharan and the legendary Jayasuriya.

Pakistan with Inzamam-ul-Haq, Mohammad Yousuf, Danish Kaneria

as you pointed out with India and their batting line up.

I think this will be ace. Loads of teams have an excellent chance of winning, well the major teams obviously, i expect it wont be a Scotland VS Ireland final.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

South Africa for me

Yeh, lousy Pakistan, ah well, one decent team out already. Just shows how much i know. :noexpression:

South Africa did look good yesterday, albeit it was against Scotland but De Villiars and Smith looked good with the bat, i think their bowling could have been better but you can only beat what is put infront of you, and i'm looking forward to when they play the Aussies.

Here's hoping you and Danakin didn't tip City for promotion!! :fingerscrossed:

Archived