IGNORED

crewe today

leadman

ive been to crewe about 10 times to watch city and that was bye far the worst game of football ive seen.

i expected an open game but it looked like gj had gone for a point, we seem to play a 3-6-1 with enoch staying out wide and smith up front on his own, it was a poor first half with only 1 decent chance to both sides, after the break enoch pushed up front and in general we did look like we might break them down and with jmw coming on and mcoombe moving up front, we started to play some decent stuff and for the endevour we just about deserved are win.

mcoombe won everything in the air and was my mom, carey and orr had good games but with no real width and little chance of movement with smith on his own, infact the one for me who looked like he might get a goal was russell because he did try and help smith out.

skuse was poor in the first half, lee j had a bad game as did wilson, mcalister looked more composed than the above and russell worked very hard.

enoch got the goal but didnt cause to much trouble, smith was everywere but still looks like hes never going to score, he did some quality lay offs in 2nd half but I'm sorry, he just aint good enough(yet).

it was a pass to jmw on about 75 mins that gave him his first chance of a run against the left back that realy sparked city into action and with mcoombe staying upfront it was a matter of time before we got one.

great win just a shame forest scored with 4 mins to go.

donny lost 0-2 to cheltenham today, lets hope there form continues next week.

I would mention Orr too, he was pretty good down the right. Infact he was our most attacking player coming forward for large parts of the game.

Still, 3 points in the bag, great celebrations at the end, and just 8 more cup finals to go.

If they all end up 1-0, so be it!

ive been to crewe about 10 times to watch city and that was bye far the worst game of football ive seen.

i expected an open game but it looked like gj had gone for a point, we seem to play a 3-6-1 with enoch staying out wide and smith up front on his own, it was a poor first half with only 1 decent chance to both sides, after the break enoch pushed up front and in general we did look like we might break them down and with jmw coming on and mcoombe moving up front, we started to play some decent stuff and for the endevour we just about deserved are win.

mcoombe won everything in the air and was my mom, carey and orr had good games but with no real width and little chance of movement with smith on his own, infact the one for me who looked like he might get a goal was russell because he did try and help smith out.

skuse was poor in the first half, lee j had a bad game as did wilson, mcalister looked more composed than the above and russell worked very hard.

enoch got the goal but didnt cause to much trouble, smith was everywere but still looks like hes never going to score, he did some quality lay offs in 2nd half but I'm sorry, he just aint good enough(yet).

it was a pass to jmw on about 75 mins that gave him his first chance of a run against the left back that realy sparked city into action and with mcoombe staying upfront it was a matter of time before we got one.

great win just a shame forest scored with 4 mins to go.

donny lost 0-2 to cheltenham today, lets hope there form continues next week.

Agreed but the points are in the bag ( somehow.............! )

Carey and Orr were almost the best players today!!.............

But i feel that todays Player of the Match must go to............

THE 12th Man!!

Our Away support today was tremendous!!.

Always singing and chanting, and never gave up over the 90 minutes!!

Now, a request to the City Board.

IF YOU REALLY CARE ABOUT CITY, PROMOTION, AND THE FANS.....

PLAY THE 12TH MAN!!.

and open the EAST END!!.

:city::englandsmile4wf::farmer::englandsmile4wf::city:

Somehow ? The points were never in doubt.

It was like a home game.

Crewe just weren't in the game.

Problem was that we had nothing up front to capitalise on the possession we had. No movement from Enoch at all, Smith was all over them but with little end product - but did look tidy and didn't give the ball away. But we couldn't finish the build ups.

We are missing Brooker big time at the moment, but we never looked in danger of losing the game.

We easily deserved the 3 points.

Absolutely spot on. City were clearly the better side, and deserved the win. Defence and midfield were excellent, and the passing was superb, but the forwards were barely in the game. Smith, for all his hard work and effort in closing the ball down, just never looked like getting a sniff of goal. Enoch had a fairly quiet game, up until the goal.

Carey and Orr were almost the best players today!!.............

But i feel that todays Player of the Match must go to............

THE 12th Man!!

Our Away support today was tremendous!!.

Always singing and chanting, and never gave up over the 90 minutes!!

Now, a request to the City Board.

IF YOU REALLY CARE ABOUT CITY, PROMOTION, AND THE FANS.....

PLAY THE 12TH MAN!!.

and open the EAST END!!.

:city::englandsmile4wf::farmer::englandsmile4wf::city:

I have never really had an opinion on the east end either way. I wasnt in there the other week but after seeing and hearing the atmosphere I wished I was. If the east end is anything like yesterday then the atmoshere is amazing and we have to take advantage of this!!

COME ON CITY!!! :city:

Archived