IGNORED

GARBAGE TODAY

Red Robin

Firstly three points were vital and we got them just.

However that performace was absolute garbage.

Great fans backing a very under performing team.

Did we deserve the points no,crewe can feel brassed off.

I really can not understand the reasons,we were excellent at Chesterfield, however since then we have been very poor.

GJs tactics you again have to question,We have a striker on the pitch who has not scored a single league goal in his football career,don't get me wrong the guy runs himself in to the ground,but the end product is non exisistent.Jevon sits on the bench until the last five minutes.

Is this good enough for a side trying to get promoted "I think not".

Sorry guys that was Crap today with a capital C.

The 3 points are priceless but again a very very poor performance.

Roll on Donny next week,Chelts stuffed them 2-0 today,Win that one,then the big one forest,if we can win this hopefully the holy grail is in sight.

I really can not understand the reasons,we were excellent at Chesterfield, however since then we have been very poor.

GJs tactics you again have to question,We have a striker on the pitch who has not scored a single league goal in his football career,don't get me wrong the guy runs himself in to the ground,but the end product is non exisistent.Jevon sits on the bench until the last five minutes.

Roll on Donny next week,Chelts stuffed them 2-0 today,Win that one,then the big one forest,if we can win this hopefully the holy grail is in sight.

Nice lovely to hear, not only your negativity but also playing crap but winning 1-0 away from home...ding ding ding how many times do we hear that about sides to gain promotion!?

Wigan done it every week in this division!

Do you not relise Jevons was on the bench because of a groin strain?

Think we done what we needed to do, (Obvious I wasn't their so I can't comment, but I listend on the radio) and it didn't sound that bad, especilly considering the players out: -

Noble - illness (asleep on the trainers bench during the game according to GJ)

Betsy & Brooker - both with their wifes during labour

Keough - tonsillitis still?

Considering we lost at home on Tuesday I think it was a good effort by the team! ROLL ON NEXT SATURDAY! :city:

we play poor, we win, i'm happy.

we can save the big performances for Forest and Yeovil

p.s Jevons wasn't fit to play 90 mins, GJ said before the game

if that is the case fair enough.

but to put smith upfront on his own what a joke.

Christ, but I despair!!! You REALLY don't think there will be any classic games between now and the end of the season do you???? By this stage we've usually self combusted. one defeat in four and your fn moaning????

Every game is going to be scruffy, scrappy, and poor-its time to piss or get of the pot time for Gods sake!

Christ, but I despair!!! You REALLY don't think there will be any classic games between now and the end of the season do you???? By this stage we've usually self combusted. one defeat in four and your fn moaning????

Every game is going to be scruffy, scrappy, and poor-its time to piss or get of the pot time for Gods sake!

There haven't been many classic games all season - I just hope we can go on grinding out 1-0 wins because that's the only way we're going up without Murray and Brooker.

It wasnt a classic, but at this stage of the season (no matter who you are) there seldom is. I also have to admit that I was, along with a few others today, bemused as to why ES was pushed out on the left acting as a winger and missing his presence and height in the middle.

However, despite having a few key players missing today we did a good job away to a difficult ground at Gresty Road. They are a tough nut to crack and lets not forget that they were a championship side not so long ago.

I felt the last 30 minutes today was good, decent and we pressured the defence of Crewe. The away crowd outsung the home crowd, and we only heard there drums a couple of times.

All in all a good win today, considering a bad day at the office last tuesday and its another step towards promotion.

COME ON CITY!!

It wasnt a classic, but at this stage of the season (no matter who you are) there seldom is. I also have to admit that I was, along with a few others today, bemused as to why ES was pushed out on the left acting as a winger and missing his presence and height in the middle.

However, despite having a few key players missing today we did a good job away to a difficult ground at Gresty Road. They are a tough nut to crack and lets not forget that they were a championship side not so long ago.

I felt the last 30 minutes today was good, decent and we pressured the defence of Crewe. The away crowd outsung the home crowd, and we only heard there drums a couple of times.

All in all a good win today, considering a bad day at the office last tuesday and its another step towards promotion.

COME ON CITY!!

I personally think ES is more comfortable playing on the wing!! Out of interest what was Smith like today?

in regards to smith......lightweight....he was muscled out the play to easily for my liking and never looked like breaking his english duck...

we could really do with some beef up front!!

I have to disagree with your comment. Smith won many balls in the air and held it up quite well. He constantly got knock-ons but there wasn't much point as Showumni, especially in the first half, was mostly stood in Nantwich at the time.

Smith had a thankless task and did it very well. However, I do agree that he doesn't look like breaking his duck and that is unacceptable for a striker. We desperately need Brooker back. I wonder if his wife will be having another baby next week?

Nice lovely to hear, not only your negativity but also playing crap but winning 1-0 away from home...ding ding ding how many times do we hear that about sides to gain promotion!?

Wigan done it every week in this division!

Actually, they didn't although they reallied that they needed a quality striker towards the end of that season and spent big on Nathan Ellington.We should have done the same instead of mucking about with Smith & Andrews.

Winning scruffy isn't compulsory-We were great at Chesterfield.

There haven't been many classic games all season - I just hope we can go on grinding out 1-0 wins because that's the only way we're going up without Murray and Brooker.

We need both to be an attacking threat and I think that Brooker will be available next week.Muuray may be but more likely against Forest.

You, me and about 1,300 others, mate.

They were without their two top strikers and I was disapponited we didn't play two up front from minute one as they'd have collapsed if we'd scored early

Good win but, in truth, it was an average performance that lacked any cutting edge

I personally think ES is more comfortable playing on the wing!! Out of interest what was Smith like today?

Smith is out of his depth and doesn't look to have goals......or a goal in him.......Cue, a hat trick next week and two against Forest, I hope.He trys hard and makes some decent runs but he lacks goal threat & strength as he's not the biggest or quickest.

ES isn't a winger.Period.

in regards to smith......lightweight....he was muscled out the play to easily for my liking and never looked like breaking his english duck...

we could really do with some beef up front!!

To be realistic, a team which is going for promotion should not have a guy like Smith up front. He's an honest trier but that's as far as it goes.

While I think 'garbage' is a ridiculous word to use after a priceless away win, performance wise this was certainly not City at their best.

I would say we dominated 60% of the possession but created very little, the chronic lack of firepower was blatantly obvious while the lack of width got worse and worse as the game progressed.

GJ's tactics a sort of 4-5-1 with Smith on his own up front and Enoch on the wing was puzzling and didn't really work.

While the decision to put big Jamie up front with a full 25 minutes left was again not something you would have expected of a top two side.

On the postive though the lads put in great applicable and effort, were faultless at the back and kept on going to the last to pull of an invaluable 3 points.

Basso Nothing to do

Orr Solid well motivated decent distribution

McCombe Dominant at the back

Carey Calm and composed several surging runs

McAllister Distribution not quite as effective as normal, solid though

Skuse Worked hard

Johnson Not as prominant as usual

Russell Good all action game, several efforts on goal

Wilson Bright start but faded

Showamni Good committment but did little right apart from bundling the ball in from a yard out

Smith Worked the defence but no end product, definately not the answer.

I have to disagree with your comment. Smith won many balls in the air and held it up quite well. He constantly got knock-ons but there wasn't much point as Showumni, especially in the first half, was mostly stood in Nantwich at the time.

Smith had a thankless task and did it very well. However, I do agree that he doesn't look like breaking his duck and that is unacceptable for a striker. We desperately need Brooker back. I wonder if his wife will be having another baby next week?

I think Smith is the sort of player who would do well next to a prolific goalscorer, much as Bas was so effective last season. The problem we have at the moment is that, with injuries, he's been thrown into the team and expected to replace the likes of Brooker and Jevons in terms of goals, which he'll never be able to do as he's not a 20 goal a season player. Next to a real goalscorer or as a squad player i think he can be effective.

That wasn't garbage.

We went away from home and dominated the game. We played like the home team.

What we did lack was a goal threat. But we bossed the game from start to finish against a team that we know can pass.

Apart from the lack of punch up front, which was obvious and extremely frustrating, I thought it was a good performance.

Note also that a tactical change by GJ in putting McCombe up front helped break the deadlock.

There are concerns. Enoch, despite the goal, lacked the influence he had earlier in the season, and that worries me. LeeJ had an indifferent game, though nowhere near as bad as the bloke behind me seemed to think.

But there were plenty of positives. We dominated possession. From. Start. To. Finish. Our defence won everything in the air and never looked under threat - which is a hell of a thing to say against a team like Crewe, particularly at a point in the season when our players have added pressure on their shoulders from the league position.

I can't agree with some of the stuff thrown at Smith. He was playing a lone role up front, and I agree he didn't look like scoring. But he worked bloody hard, held the ball up, ran the channels and generally put in a good performance.

Jennison also put in a good performance when he came on.

And finally, I've mentioned what a great display it was by the defence, but special mention to Bradley Orr. He had a superb game, not just defensively but going forward too.

I'd be happy with the points, frankly. But if you thought it was dire apart from that, then I'd like to check your ticket stub and make sure you were at the same game as me. We never looked like getting less than a point and we deserved all three. I didn't hear one fan on the local radio afterwards complaining that they deserved anything from the game - just one or two gutted because they thought they were going to hang on. But if we put in performances as solid as that away from home from now until the end of the season, we'll get at least a point in each of them. And with a bit more quality up front we'll get all the points we need to go up automatically.

That wasn't garbage.

We went away from home and dominated the game. We played like the home team.

What we did lack was a goal threat. But we bossed the game from start to finish against a team that we know can pass.

Apart from the lack of punch up front, which was obvious and extremely frustrating, I thought it was a good performance.

Note also that a tactical change by GJ in putting McCombe up front helped break the deadlock.

There are concerns. Enoch, despite the goal, lacked the influence he had earlier in the season, and that worries me. LeeJ had an indifferent game, though nowhere near as bad as the bloke behind me seemed to think.

But there were plenty of positives. We dominated possession. From. Start. To. Finish. Our defence won everything in the air and never looked under threat - which is a hell of a thing to say against a team like Crewe, particularly at a point in the season when our players have added pressure on their shoulders from the league position.

I can't agree with some of the stuff thrown at Smith. He was playing a lone role up front, and I agree he didn't look like scoring. But he worked bloody hard, held the ball up, ran the channels and generally put in a good performance.

Jennison also put in a good performance when he came on.

And finally, I've mentioned what a great display it was by the defence, but special mention to Bradley Orr. He had a superb game, not just defensively but going forward too.

I'd be happy with the points, frankly. But if you thought it was dire apart from that, then I'd like to check your ticket stub and make sure you were at the same game as me. We never looked like getting less than a point and we deserved all three. I didn't hear one fan on the local radio afterwards complaining that they deserved anything from the game - just one or two gutted because they thought they were going to hang on. But if we put in performances as solid as that away from home from now until the end of the season, we'll get at least a point in each of them. And with a bit more quality up front we'll get all the points we need to go up automatically.

Having read this, and agreeing with pretty much every word of it, I also have to ask, Red Robin, did you actually go today ?

Having read this, and agreeing with pretty much every word of it, I also have to ask, Red Robin, did you actually go today ?

There are some people and their opinion's I take on here seriously and give credit too, there are others' which I don't. Reflective of real life really.

Let's just hope that we have 8 more garbage performances in us then eh?

It amazes me that you're so consistent with the utter rubbish you post, well done.

certainly was mate as i will be at all the remaining away games.

And I will say again that performance was GARBABE playing Forest and Yeovil will need massive improvements to win.

We won which was great as said vital three points,everybody I spoke to at the food bar was pi*sed off,infact two lads left at half time saying they had watched enough of the crap.

Sorry guys it was dire.

Let's just hope that we have 8 more garbage performances in us then eh?

It amazes me that you're so consistent with the utter rubbish you post, well done.

Nibor don't now what planet your on,you usally post sensible stuff,that facts are as many say above it was bad.certainly not what you expect from a promotion team.

I thought that we played quite well yesterday, just lacking the end product as usual.

Thought we dominated midfield, and Orr and Carey were always there to support Basso.

Now if we had an out and out goal poacher playing up front, then the win would of been more convincing, and we would all be a tad more positive!!.

And as someone posted on here earlier in the week;

............ we could win 1-0 with the goal coming in off of someones backside..........

they wern't far from the truth!!.

:farmer:

certainly was mate as i will be at all the remaining away games.

And I will say again that performance was GARBABE playing Forest and Yeovil will need massive improvements to win.

We won which was great as said vital three points,everybody I spoke to at the food bar was pi*sed off,infact two lads left at half time saying they had watched enough of the crap.

Sorry guys it was dire.

Didn't go as was otherwise engaged, sadly. So I can't comment on the game.

What I can comment on often reviewing your posts after games is that the phrase "knee-jerk" could be written for you.

I admit watching city can be frustrating at times but I don't care if its 1-0 or 10-0 a wins a win. If we were lucky then fine if we deserved it even better. We just need to get behind the team whatever. Its been 9 years of hurt in league 1 missing out on promotion on 3 occasions under Danny Wilson. Johnson has taken us within touching distance of our first promotion in nearly 10 years. We gotta keep believing. I'm really looking forward to the run in from now until May. Sod the whinging lets use our energy winning our next 5 matches and going up automatically. :goingup:

Didn't go as was otherwise engaged, sadly. So I can't comment on the game.

What I can comment on often reviewing your posts after games is that the phrase "knee-jerk" could be written for you.

I comment on what I see,other people can put what they see,however my opinion and many more at the ground yesterday came to the same conclusion.

neejerk no reality yes.

three massive points another three at donny would be nice to set up a forest game that should be another cracker as was at the city ground.

one thing I will not do is say city are great, just because we win,we were far from that yesterday as was Bradford,Brentford games.

I admit watching city can be frustrating at times but I don't care if its 1-0 or 10-0 a wins a win. If we were lucky then fine if we deserved it even better. We just need to get behind the team whatever. Its been 9 years of hurt in league 1 missing out on promotion on 3 occasions under Danny Wilson. Johnson has taken us within touching distance of our first promotion in nearly 10 years. We gotta keep believing. I'm really looking forward to the run in from now until May. Sod the whinging lets use our energy winning our next 5 matches and going up automatically. :goingup:

very frustrating as said before,however which team turns up no one nows untill the day,don't get me wrong I back the team 100% but I will give a honest opinion on what I watch, too many are happy to give credit when it is not deserved.

3 points yesterday was crucial after the Bradford fiasco,we got them we needed them especially with forest winning.

Theres just no pleasing some City fans is there! Yes it was scrappy at times and we lacked the killer punch up front but we got 3 points and are nearly there. I would gladly watch a game like that yesterday and come away with 3 points instead of none. Well done to all the supporters who travelled yesterday the atmosphre was superb and the support FANTASTIC. Lets keep it up until the end of the season and get what we ALL want PROMOTION.

Come on you Reds. Cith til I die.

been lookin at table my head aint working ,,,is that definate if we win our next five mate?

Archived