IGNORED

Crewe stewards and police

NickJ

I have to congratulate the way in which they stewarded and policed the game today.

For a start, the stewards did not spend all game staring at us in that confrontational way like they do at most grounds, including AG.

And the police were a credit. Just a dozen or so inside the ground, in the corner for most of the game.

When City scored, and at the end of the game, when the lads down one end were at the front dancing and singing, they just walked over and stood in front, but without the normal menacing looks on their faces - in fact most of them were smiling, and I saw one lad teasing one of them, in a friendly way, and having a good laugh.

And most of the police were smiling as we were all singing our way out.

Puts your faith back in the British bobby.

I'll second that.

No need for the 'robust' policing as experienced at other grounds, and the two policewomen were lovely(what is it about uniforms?).

All in all a cracking day out, thought the people of Chesire were great.

3 points helped. Happy days.

I'll second that.

and I'll third it too!!.

Great stewarding, and discretion allowed with regard to standing!!

They were also friendly and smiling, and felt we were there to have fun whatever the score!!.

And the Old Bill were playing their part, WE ARE HERE TO POLICE THE GAME, BUT ENJOY IT TOO!!.

And even the Ref played his part, with no needless cards!!.

A great day out, with the bonus of 3 points!!.

:farmer:

I was so impressed with the gernal friendliness that I invited a stewardess out for a drink afterwards. She said she had a boyfriend ... so not THAT friendly then ... but it was just as well because all the pubs were locked shut (except one that Mr Cheshire Red new about).

I travelled to Crewe thinking it would be one of the most civilised Saturday afternoons of the season.

Whilst the stewards may well have been fine in the ground anyone who had the misfortune to be on crewe station after the game must surely have witnessed the most heavy handed and over the top policing of the season so far! Anyone else find it intimaditing to have the cheshire constabulary flexing their muscles both on the train and as far away as Birmingham New Street?

I have to congratulate the way in which they stewarded and policed the game today.

For a start, the stewards did not spend all game staring at us in that confrontational way like they do at most grounds, including AG.

And the police were a credit. Just a dozen or so inside the ground, in the corner for most of the game.

When City scored, and at the end of the game, when the lads down one end were at the front dancing and singing, they just walked over and stood in front, but without the normal menacing looks on their faces - in fact most of them were smiling, and I saw one lad teasing one of them, in a friendly way, and having a good laugh.

Ill agree with that.

We were chatting about it on the train coming home, how good the stewards were. They left us be, and by doing that everyone just enjoyed themselves. Can you imagine that happening down here with the A&S constabulary.....I can see it now "LOOK HE'S DANCING AND HAVING FUN!!.....STOP HIM!! CS GAS HIM!!!"

The last 5 minutes and after the final whistle.....well, all waas missing was one of those glitter balls!

D.I.S.C.O :dancing6::dancing2::chant6ez::travolta::trumpet::banana::yahoo:

I travelled to Crewe thinking it would be one of the most civilised Saturday afternoons of the season.

Whilst the stewards may well have been fine in the ground anyone who had the misfortune to be on crewe station after the game must surely have witnessed the most heavy handed and over the top policing of the season so far! Anyone else find it intimaditing to have the cheshire constabulary flexing their muscles both on the train and as far away as Birmingham New Street?

I agree with the general opinions on the stewards and police. They were mostly good natured. However, I agree with your points. I noted on the way into the station that a police van was illegally parked on double yellow lines. Then, when inside the station I found all the food places shut by order of the police.

So, they can park illegally but, a law abiding football fan like me, cannot get a cup of tea!! What is the country coming to?

I got the train back from Crewe and also thought there were too many police, but as has been mentioned it was probably necesssary. There was quite a few police waiting for our train when it got into Birmingham - with Cardiff playing Derby as well maybe that might have had something to do with it.

But on the plus side I also thought the stewards and police were decent at Crewe - heard good reports before the game and so it turned out. A great day out overall!!

I did spot the massed ranks at the station whilst walking back to the car.

It's probably par for the course every Sat.

Don't forget, Crewe is a large junction with any amount of fans changing there so......

Did anyone spot one of our lot getting frogmarched away after invading the pitch when we scored?

Agreed! For once i am complimenting the Police. I was at the back row by all the singers standing for the whole agme, with 2 police officers (both female if it makes any difference), and not once did they even think about asking me and a couple others to sit down! Very well policed! And when we were down the front.

Did anyone spot one of our lot getting frogmarched away after invading the pitch when we scored?

when we all celebrating the goal this lad got pushed in the back towards the pitch, got nicked for it and spent the night in a detention centre got released next morning about 9.00, trying to ban him for three years from all grounds and england matches.

fantastic policing, more like a joke.

yours midland red.

when we all celebrating the goal this lad got pushed in the back towards the pitch, got nicked for it and spent the night in a detention centre got released next morning about 9.00, trying to ban him for three years from all grounds and england matches.

fantastic policing, more like a joke.

yours midland red.

An earlier poster said he "invaded" the pitch, though I must say, I am not sure if a one man invasion is technically possible.

However, there was fencing between the terracing and the pitch. So if was pushed, he would have tripped over the fence and landed flat on his face on the perimeter between the terracing and the pitch. I do not believe that the police I saw would have nicked him for that, though I didnt see the incident.

So when you say he got pushed in the back towards the pitch, what do you mean - how far on to the pitch did he end up?

far left of our stand there was a gap in the advertising boards, when we were jumping up and down a couple of lads moved forward, nothing sinister nobody attacking anyone, but he got nicked for what can only be termed as over exhuberance, surely you cannot say that this deserves a night in the cells and a visit back to Crewe on Friday to face a posssible 3 year ban, for christs sake we would all be behind bars, remember the memorial just a few weeks ago.

far left of our stand there was a gap in the advertising boards, when we were jumping up and down a couple of lads moved forward, nothing sinister nobody attacking anyone, but he got nicked for what can only be termed as over exhuberance, surely you cannot say that this deserves a night in the cells and a visit back to Crewe on Friday to face a posssible 3 year ban, for christs sake we would all be behind bars, remember the memorial just a few weeks ago.

That I agree with and if thats the case I'm disappointed because I had such a favourable impression of the stewarding and policing.

I suppose they have to draw the line somewhere - the line literally being the pitch, but I do agree that in that moment when your team scores a goal, it is possible to lose control for a few seconds.

Archived