IGNORED

A Week's A Long Time In Football

Bristol Boy

Especially when you haven't had a whole week to prepare for a game in ages.

It's a week to get over knocks & illness......take in a movie, see your Grannie :w00t:

Is it a week when we'll see a deadline signing arrive? Deadline day used to be a real big deal until the Transfer Windows came in.Will any of our youngsters get a chance to move out because, barring a major injury crisis I can't see Artus, Wilson & Co getting much of a chance here before the end of the season unless we win the next 5/6 games.

So, will we see Murray, Brooker & Keogh return to fitness and the team??

Murray's had a bruised foot and was out for two weeks.That was about 5/6 weeks ago. :doh:

Keogh's had Flu,A Wisdom Tooth Out, Swamp Fever, Hammer Rash, Projectile Vomiting, & That Malaria Thing that's going around, which he's apparently given to Noble :violin:

Brooker's had A Haematoma, A Carsanoma, A Fish Called Wanda, A Toyota Previa, Gulf War Syndrome, Bird Flu, Cat Flu (Brought The Cat In To Catch The Bird)Leyhillitis (A condition caught from Wheelie Bins, So I hear) plus every other injury known to man and some that aren't.Inspite of which his performance in other areas hasn't been impaired and he's now on Paternity Leave...well, there's no better man to help you find a hospital in a hurry :D

Weales injury won't matter unless Basso loses form and fitness and we may not see him until next season.

So, next week, will it be 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 or 4-5-1??

Will someone be in the hole, :mf_sleep: out of position, up a tree, or all three?

One good thing is that our opposition can't predict our team because we follow City and we can't do it!! The players have a sweep every week and nobody's won yet. :liar:

Assuming the above are fit.....I know, I know, but just for fun ;)

4-4-2

..................BASSO...................

ORR................CAREY.............MCCOMBE......MCALLISTER..

WILSON...........SKUSE.............JOHNSON.......BETSY...........

..........BROOKER........SHOWUNMI...........

SUBS

THOMAS

KEOGH

JEVONS

NOBLE

MURRAY or RUSSELL

OR

3-5-2

....CAREY.....MCCOMBE.....FONTAINE.......

WILSON......JOHNSON.............RUSSELL........NOBLE...............MCALLISTER....

........BROOKER..........SHOWUNMI...........

SUBS

THOMAS

KEOGH

SKUSE

JEVONS

MURRAY or BETSY

OR

4-5-1

ORR.............CAREY......MCCOMBE.............MCALLISTER........

WILSON....JOHNSON..RUSSELL.............NOBLE............BETSY..

..................SHOWUNMI................

SUBS

THOMAS

BROOKER

KEOGH or FONTAINE

JEVONS

MURRAY

For me, it's the 3-5-2 and actually seeing SB & ES start a game as the striking partnership would be a great boost for the team and fans alike, I'm sure.GJ doesn't normally pick players after they've just recovered from injury or illness so that's why Murray, Noble & Keogh will probably do no better than the bench.Unless, of course Brooker and Murray don't make it which simplifies things.

BB, I notice you usually select Wilson on the right and Betsy on the left. When selected for the same match, I thought GJ picked them the other way around. If so, is there a reason for your opposite selection ?

Wilson was on the right yesterday and at BHA when we played 3-1-4-2!! Betsy played left wing at BHA and left wing back at Blackpool althouth Wilson played left midfield very well at Oldham :noexpression:

Hope that helps :D

I actually think both, ala, Scott Murray, are far better on the right leaving us with only JMW who looks like a natural orthodox left winger although, his work rate and defending count against him.

We still need that left sider unless GJ goes plays wing backs when McAllister would be my first choice at LWB or a 4-4-2 where McAllister could play left midfield in front of Fontaine or Woodman.

Archived