IGNORED

Players, Fans and Press Office In The Comfort Zone?

cheshire_red

I just cannot believe all this FOUR MORE WINS will gain automatic promotion bullshit. It stinks of arrogance and nonchalance in what is undoubtedly the most important 8 games in the last decade.

Enoch is now on the ficial site saying it. It only needs one side out of the other three to grab the remainder of their season by the balls and they will take it if we continue to show this unbeliveable approach.

I'd swap Forest's run-in for ours right now and Oldham's. I hope Oldham are too far adrift but it will only take one defeat to Forest and a draw at Doncaster to see us probably back to third and playing catchup again.

Let US be the side who grabs it by the balls and ensure we WIN every match at all costs and for me that ALL COSTS includes bringing in a striker on loan or with a view to a permanent transfer who can SCORE GOALS. I will not accept that there is no one available, we don't have to limit ourselves to England you know. Loans cost nothing but wages, I'd pay out £100k to ensure we gained promotion, thats like £15k a week for the rest of the season, a cheap price to pay. Loans with a view to permanent transfer are also fine because if the lad isn't what we are looking for then we don't buy, simple.

It's about time BRISTOL CITY FC took a gamble, paid out just a little of the money we have accrued in the last few seasons in transfer fees and actually, for once, said YES WE ARE GOING TO DO IT THIS SEASON AND WE ARE NOT GOING TO LEAVE ANYTHING TO CHANCE.

I just cannot believe all this FOUR MORE WINS will gain automatic promotion bullshit. It stinks of arrogance and casualness in what is undoubtedly the most important 8 games in the last decade.

Enoch is now on the ficial site saying it. It only needs one side out of the other three to grab the remainder of their season by the balls and they will take it if we continue to show this unbeliveable approach.

I'd swap Forest's run-in for ours right now and Oldham's. I hope Oldham are too far adrift but it will only take one defeat to Forest and a draw at Doncaster to see us probably back to third and playing catchup again.

Let US be the side who grabs it by the balls and ensure we WIN every match at all costs and for me that ALL COSTS includes bringing in a striker on loan or with a view to a permanent transfer who can SCORE GOALS. I will not accept that there is no one available, we don't have to limit ourselves to England you know.

It;s about timeBRISTOL CITY FC took a gamble, piad out some of the money we have accrued in the last few seasons in transfer feesand actually, for once, said YES WE ARE GOING TO DO IT THIS SEASON AND WE ARE NOT GOING TO LEAVE ANYTHINGTO CHANCE.

I must admit that when people speak of past seasons and the points required it does "get my goat" should i say. When people say that 86 points will be enough or as u say 4 more wins will be enough.....it does stink. Cause if we win 4, and forest win 6 it wont be enough....who's to say that forest/yeovil don't take maximum points ( aside from games against each other ).

anyhow, here here chshire red.

I just cannot believe all this FOUR MORE WINS will gain automatic promotion bullshit. It stinks of arrogance and casualness in what is undoubtedly the most important 8 games in the last decade.

Let US be the side who grabs it by the balls and ensure we WIN every match at all costs and for me that ALL COSTS includes bringing in a striker on loan or with a view to a permanent transfer who can SCORE GOALS. I will not accept that there is no one available, we don't have to limit ourselves to England you know.

It;s about timeBRISTOL CITY FC took a gamble, piad out some of the money we have accrued in the last few seasons in transfer feesand actually, for once, said YES WE ARE GOING TO DO IT THIS SEASON AND WE ARE NOT GOING TO LEAVE ANYTHINGTO CHANCE.

Can't argue with that.

We should be killing off teams now, not just scraping 1-0 wins. It leaves too much to the chance equaliser or even a winner in the last minute.

Johnson and the club should be making every effort to ensure we don't fall by the wayside during the run-in and if that means getting fresh legs in then so be it.

All this business about 'not wanting to upset a tight-knit squad' is tripe. There's no room for sentiment in professional football and the club should be using every avenue available to them to ensure we are playing Championship football next season.

Enoch is now on the ficial site saying it. It only needs one side out of the other three to grab the remainder of their season by the balls and they will take it if we continue to show this unbelievable approach.

I agree with the general sentiment of the post. As a city fan I'm more skeptical than most and believe that we should keep ourselves to ourselves and just get on with winning the next match until such time as promotion is guaranteed. As you rightly point out, 1 point from the next 4 (very possible!) would see us scrapping it out in the play-offs.

Although unlike the majority, play-offs doesn't bother me. Of course i want automatic promotion but I'm not scared of anyone i this league and in Johnson we have someone who will install a bit of grit and determination.

Spot on, Cheshire Red.

We should be looking UP to S****horpe and concentrating on catching them for the title. That is the way to keep focused rather than working out how little we need to get away with to go up. If we focus on catching Scunny, the rest will take care of itself. Even thinking of anything else is psychological suicide.

Absolutely right Ian. It's the constant spin eminating from Ashton Gate that annoys me.

Eighty three points is the target.

We'll only sign a loan player if they want to join us permanently.

Forget the PR machine and keep quiet. Get it right on the pitch and accumulate as many points as possible.

I think you need to chill out a bit!

I don't think people are getting ''arrogant'' or ''casual''!!! We as fans have had so much hurt over the past few seasons and l think its more of a comfort thing than arrogance or casualness.

It doesnt matter what anyone says on here, you will be a fool to think they are going to relax! They themselves want a career in the Championship, and l know your not stupid enough to think that they wont give 110% every game until promotion is secured......

I must be a trolly dolly then as from the reports I read of the Bradford game I'd like to know how much % you would say each and every player gave - 110%?

To be fair, CR, I don't think they lacked effort. They lacked ideas and quality in the second half and a bit of nouse, but not effort as such.

I think you need to chill out a bit!

I don't think people are getting ''arrogant'' or ''casual''!!! We as fans have had so much hurt over the past few seasons and l think its more of a comfort thing than arrogance or casualness.

It doesnt matter what anyone says on here, you will be a fool to think they are going to relax! They themselves want a career in the Championship, and l know your not stupid enough to think that they wont give 110% every game until promotion is secured......

Quite right dude!

Obviously the posters on here know much more about it than the players in the team (who have been looking at what they need all season) same as they also obviously know much more about running and marketing a football club than the current management & board because whatever GJ or SL or CS do they get moaned at or shot down by the t+ats on here. :fastasleep:

4 wins will do it for me also - especailly if we take out Forest & Yeovil in those four :winner_third_h4h:

Roll on next Saturday and next 3 points

I cant wait to read the moans about being promoted - should be a larf

To be fair, CR, I don't think they lacked effort. They lacked ideas and quality in the second half and a bit of nouse, but not effort as such.

Nouse is a good word, street wise, agreed we have lacked that a few times this season.

I was chatting with an old mucker of yours on MSN last night, he said a Bradford supporter asked if he would swap our last 10 seasons for theirs and he had no hesitation i saying that he would.

So would I, fans are fed up wit this division, therefore our long term players must be too, we want something new, some new grounds to go to, some new pubs to drink in, some new Cities and Towns to travel to. Christ, us and Oldham fans know this division backwards, we are experts at where to drink, how to get there etc etc.

Must be the same for Carey, Murray, etc etc, they've done it, seen it, been there and got the T-shirt.

Let's get gone.

Yes l do! What they lacked was ideas... And give credit to Bradford.

Hmmm well I will bow to your experience of watching the game, it's not what I've read elsewhere or what the commentators were saying on BBC Bristol / World.

However, lacked ideas???? Well that aint a first either is it. So is that down to the tactics being wrong or the players not playing as they were instructed, or simply not having the ability?

I'm not knocking for knockings sake, I've been proud of the players many times this season, I just think that with the right direction, and a couple of minor tweaks we would be in such a better position so when I read 4 more wins will be enough it makes me ANGRY.

As you can all tell :fingerscrossed:

Quite right dude!

Obviously the posters on here know much more about it than the players in the team (who have been looking at what they need all season) same as they also obviously know much more about running and marketing a football club than the current management & board because whatever GJ or SL or CS do they get moaned at or shot down by the t+ats on here. :fastasleep:

Actually, there probably are better people on this forum who could market the club better. And just because the players are far far better players than any of us on here doesn't mean there aren't some on here who can also work out what points we need, etc etc.

Do you really think it means more to a player who has been at the club for a few months than supporters who are members of this forum?

Theres a difficult balancing act here for the coaching team. They don't want the squad to be too complacent right now (and to be honest i think we have been a bit complacent recently)

But, at the same time they have to avoid putting the squad under unnecessary stress and keep their minds focussed on playing football. I know that some of you are going to say theyre professional footballers blah blah blah, they should be able to cope with a bit of stress, but we all know that pressure can get to a football team and theyre always better when theyre minds are focused on playing football.

I agree with the original point about stupid targets and pr spin though. It will be no consolation if we hit our points target and fail to get promotion.

I understand where you are coming from, and l myself don't think we can just rely on 4 wins as we all know footballs a funny game, and thats why we love it.

What l'm saying is that even though we do lack some quality now and then we are still 2nd in the league.

As we lack quality sometimes, l think we make this up in ''effort''.

We have scrapped and scrapped this season to grind out vital 1-0 wins, yes its not pretty, and yes l would like us to play like Chelsea, but we arent.

To be honest l thought Danny Wilsons squad was a great team to watch! but where did that get us?

Anyway, l'm rambling on about nothing now, but l think really what lm trying to say is that people on here tend to moan and moan and moan about being in this division, but when we are in the best postion we have been in ''almost a decade'' people are still having a pop!

Thats why l think people are saying 'we only need 4 more games' as its pure excitment that we can almost taste the Championship.

I just cannot believe all this FOUR MORE WINS will gain automatic promotion bullshit. It stinks of arrogance and nonchalance in what is undoubtedly the most important 8 games in the last decade.

If we win 4 of our last 8 games including the ones with forest and Yeovil we stand a damn good chance of being up yeah? What would you like him to say, "we'll take each game as it comes" People get criticised for being bland and obvious, when they're honest they get panned too! Grief..

Why? Everyteam has played each other at least once this year and they've ended up below us. This league is so unpredictable i don't think it matter who we play and where.

Let US be the side who grabs it by the balls and ensure we WIN every match at all costs and for me that ALL COSTS includes bringing in a striker on loan or with a view to a permanent transfer who can SCORE GOALS. I will not accept that there is no one available, we don't have to limit ourselves to England you know. Loans cost nothing but wages, I'd pay out £100k to ensure we gained promotion, thats like £15k a week for the rest of the season, a cheap price to pay. Loans with a view to permanent transfer are also fine because if the lad isn't what we are looking for then we don't buy, simple.

It's about time BRISTOL CITY FC took a gamble, paid out just a little of the money we have accrued in the last few seasons in transfer fees and actually, for once, said YES WE ARE GOING TO DO IT THIS SEASON AND WE ARE NOT GOING TO LEAVE ANYTHING TO CHANCE.

Sure because we haven't brought anyone in... or tried... and we don't have debts...and we don't pay lots of wages already...and we're not second with this squad already...

I'm getting fed up with whinging for the sake of whinging!

Sure because we haven't brought anyone in... or tried... and we don't have debts...and we don't pay lots of wages already...and we're not second with this squad already...

I'm getting fed up with whinging for the sake of whinging!

Whinging for the sake of whinging? You think I have the time to whinge for the sake of it? I wish, atleast you answered other points with a view, not one I agree with but that is the point of a forum.

So stop whinging about whinging when no whinging is actually being done.

What exactly is the point in this thread?

Showunmi says 'four wins could be enough'. How is that slipping into the comfort zone? This is a man who fully knows what is required to win this league. He's merely making a prediction, not stating an aim.

He clearly states his aim is to finish in the top 2 and in doing so attempting to win the title.

I'd rather he aired on the side of caution in public interviews.

Forest players have been making press releases all season that they have the best side in the division and how they're going to win promotion. James Perch was one of them, bet he's feeling the heat a bit at the moment.

What exactly is the point in this thread?

Showunmi says 'four wins could be enough'. How is that slipping into the comfort zone? This is a man who fully knows what is required to win this league. He's merely making a prediction, not stating an aim.

He clearly states his aim is to finish in the top 2 and in doing so attempting to win the title.

I'd rather he aired on the side of caution in public interviews.

Forest players have been making press releases all season that they have the best side in the division and how they're going to win promotion. James Perch was one of them, bet he's feeling the heat a bit at the moment.

PhatWill is right.

My impression of GJ is that he won't allow any complacency to creep in. We are all understandably twitchy after going so close so many times in recent seasons. Let's just take a deep breath and try and hold our collective nerve. According to my two point a game target, we're bang on course.

Whinging for the sake of whinging? You think I have the time to whinge for the sake of it? I wish, atleast you answered other points with a view, not one I agree with but that is the point of a forum.

So stop whinging about whinging when no whinging is actually being done.

Whinger!

Archived