IGNORED

The chances of getting a striker in

LoyalRed

...following on from Monsieur JellyRed's pointless email, whats the chances of us getting a striker in???

The requirement is :

A - a striker on loan

B - one that would want to move to us

Point B is proving to be the stumbling block

No team in a lower division with a good striker is going to loan them to us at this stage of the season. No player in a higher division is going to want to move to us unless we are certs for promotion or unless their own team is languishing in the bottom of the Championship.

At the moment we are not certs for promotion, due to being chased by NottsF. If we were certs for promotion we wouldn't be looking for a striker.

This realistically gives us a pick from any of these teams, LEEDS, LUTON, SOUTHEND, BARNSLEY, QPR, HULL & BURNLEY

Most of their players who aren't first teamers will probably be out on loan by now. We can probably count Leeds out, as their players are on far too money and their one loan star is banging the goals in for Scunny.

I think Mr Johnson will have to remove point B from his search criteria.

This realistically gives us a pick from any of these teams, LEEDS, LUTON, SOUTHEND, BARNSLEY, QPR, HULL & BURNLEY

in fairness none of those teams are going to be keen on letting players leave as they are fighting relegation and are hardly going to be letting go any decent goal scorers?

surely they will keep them to keep themselves in the championship????

So all these teams are fighting relegation battles, you think that they would loan us players.

You Senor Loyal, are mad.

PS, my thread is actually a very good and reasoned debate on these very points. Your critique was diabolical

BECKFORD = LEEDS PLAYER AT SCUNNY (I'll rest my case)

how about constantine at port vale? out of contract in the summer, surely we could agree a fee now - I know he wants to play in the champ but deal fell through before - can only say no!

also what about this poposil at hearts, if he's not playing reg surely we could fund his wage for a couple of months with the possibility of signing full time if we make it?

we need some imagination and probably some down right cheek here - they can only tell us where to go!

in fairness none of those teams are going to be keen on letting players leave as they are fighting relegation and are hardly going to be letting go any decent goal scorers?

surely they will keep them to keep themselves in the championship????

Exactly, hence my point (don't only target strikers that want to move to our club)

BECKFORD = LEEDS PLAYER AT SCUNNY (I'll rest my case)

Madness isn't it, oh how Swindon must laugh, get rid of the diddy clown and compo and replace him with Mr Sturrock, what brilliant business that was.

Oh then i see it reported that Mr Sturrock is signing one Barry Corr, as his former manager at Wednesday what did he see that we missed?

how about constantine at port vale? out of contract in the summer, surely we could agree a fee now - I know he wants to play in the champ but deal fell through before - can only say no!

also what about this poposil at hearts, if he's not playing reg surely we could fund his wage for a couple of months with the possibility of signing full time if we make it?

we need some imagination and probably some down right cheek here - they can only tell us where to go!

The deal with Barnsley? Didnt fall through, he pulled out.

Plus he really isnt very good. Ask a good sample of Vale fans about his all round game.

I think the word would be LAZY.

...following on from Monsieur JellyRed's pointless email, whats the chances of us getting a striker in???

The requirement is :

A - a striker on loan

B - one that would want to move to us

Point B is proving to be the stumbling block

No team in a lower division with a good striker is going to loan them to us at this stage of the season. No player in a higher division is going to want to move to us unless we are certs for promotion or unless their own team is languishing in the bottom of the Championship.

At the moment we are not certs for promotion, due to being chased by NottsF. If we were certs for promotion we wouldn't be looking for a striker.

Most of their players who aren't first teamers will probably be out on loan by now. We can probably count Leeds out, as their players are on far too money and their one loan star is banging the goals in for Scunny.

I think Mr Johnson will have to remove point B from his search criteria.

know a whole lot has been said about this striker business, but I would be a whole lot happier, going into the forest, swansea, yeovil games, if we have signed a "goal scoring striker" by then, giving us more options, but I know this is easier said than done

We have Brooker (albeit occasionally) Showumni/JMW/Jeavons/Smith on the books...We have also the youngsters Plummer and Artus...

It may not be the strongest forwardline of the top four...But I would suspect it is unlikely anyone is coming in (particularly anyone thats any better than whats on the books right now)...So perhaps trying to boost the confidence a little bit of what we've got might not be such a bad thing for some of us...And forget pulling names out of hat as if anyone does come they are likely to be

A out of form

B From a lower/lesser league

C Make weight for injuries

Just a thought

We have Brooker (albeit occasionally) Showumni/JMW/Jeavons/Smith on the books...We have also the youngsters Plummer and Artus...

It may not be the strongest forwardline of the top four...But I would suspect it is unlikely anyone is coming in (particularly anyone thats any better than whats on the books right now)...So perhaps trying to boost the confidence a little bit of what we've got might not be such a bad thing for some of us...And forget pulling names out of hat as if anyone does come they are likely to be

A out of form

B From a lower/lesser league

C Make weight for injuries

Just a thought

Exactly - they've got us to 2nd in the table, get behind them instead of trying to replace them!

At foundation evening GJ stated that certain `targets` would not play in Lge 1,ie popsicle, of whom apparently everything had been agreed including wages, he just didn`t want to drop down. Certain other players futures have already been decided, Sharp being one of them so it would seem.

I tend to agree with a previous reply in that, what we have has got us this far in what has been a heavy fixture list, certainly since the xmas period. Apart from Easter monday we`re now down to one match a week until the end of the season and that,hopefully, will allow those on the sick list time to return to action.

Also with the reserve team fixtures back on those in the background will have a chance to get match fit.

It would have been great to have had an established forward line playing all season but it hasn`t happened for whatever reasons, yet here we are with eight games to go in with a great chance of getting that coveted promotion. It is a credit to GJ and the squad that the team spirit within the club has got us to this position without that forward line.

Have faith in what GJ is trying to do, believe me, if someone becomes available, that meets the criteria that GJ requires for someone joining this club, SL will make the funds available.

Smith may not have set the world alight and may still be awaiting his first goal in English football, but everytime he`s put on that shirt he`s worked tirelessly for the team....and he`s not cost the club a penny which is besides the point....he wants to play.

GJ and SL have a long term plan for success at this club and i for one am ready to get on that bus, `cos i like the what i`ve seen so far and it can only get better.

PDG

Archived