IGNORED

Johnson booked at Crewe

Chivs

The main site says that no City players got booked at Crewe. However, I am sure Johnson got booked for over-exuberance in celebrating the goal. Basically, he did the badge kissing thing whilst running at the City fans near the corner flag. He was then affectionately hugged by a fair few Cidereds.

To compound his booking he also received a big smacker from a bloke who was, to put it charitably, no Brad Pitt. :hug:

His committment to the cause was quite touching really and I thought the ref was a little harsh to book him. Having said that, I thought the ref had an excellent game. I wonder if he "forgot" the Johnson booking after the game to save on the paperwork or did I imagine the booking?

The main site says that no City players got booked at Crewe. However, I am sure Johnson got booked for over-exuberance in celebrating the goal. Basically, he did the badge kissing thing whilst running at the City fans near the corner flag. He was then affectionately hugged by a fair few Cidereds.

To compound his booking he also received a big smacker from a bloke who was, to put it charitably, no Brad Pitt. :hug:

His committment to the cause was quite touching really and I thought the ref was a little harsh to book him. Having said that, I thought the ref had an excellent game. I wonder if he "forgot" the Johnson booking after the game to save on the paperwork or did I imagine the booking?

yeah he definately did get booked at the time. thought the ref could have let it go, but we all know what the rules are like nowadays

yeah he definately did get booked at the time. thought the ref could have let it go, but we all know what the rules are like nowadays

The rules are very poor! A player gets booked for celebrating with his own fans, yet a Bradford player who tries to incite the home fans gets.....nowt

The rules are very poor! A player gets booked for celebrating with his own fans, yet a Bradford player who tries to incite the home fans gets.....nowt

That's a very good point. The difference is that the Bradford player had already been booked so the ref bottled it.

Johnson didn't really incite anyone. He was dragged into the crowd which is quite close to the pitch at Gresty Road rather than jumping into the crowd a la Tevez.

someone posted on here the other week that all yellows are cancelled out after a certain date (not sure when though?) - does anyone know if this is really true?

now you need 10 yellow cards to pick up a 2 game suspension i think, so all them on 4 can breathe a sigh ofrelieve from that tight rope as long as don't go and get another 6 between now and end of season.

That's a very good point. The difference is that the Bradford player had already been booked so the ref bottled it.

Johnson didn't really incite anyone. He was dragged into the crowd which is quite close to the pitch at Gresty Road rather than jumping into the crowd a la Tevez.

Personally I didnt think the Bradford player deserved to be booked again, but then I think the whole "getting booked for celebrating goals" is pathetic. Tevez deserved to be booked yes, but players that run to the side of the pitch or take their shirts off getting booked........its crap

someone posted on here the other week that all yellows are cancelled out after a certain date (not sure when though?) - does anyone know if this is really true?

They all get wiped out at the end of February. Meaning that most of our players luckily will not be getting any more suspensions (unless they get sent off). With the exceptions being McCallister and Mr-anger-Management, Carey.

They all get wiped out at the end of February. Meaning that most of our players luckily will not be getting any more suspensions (unless they get sent off). With the exceptions being McCallister and Mr-anger-Management, Carey.

no they don't. They just make it so there is no suspension for picking up 5 yellows. The same suspensions still occur for 10,15, (or perhaps in Carey's case) 20.

Archived