IGNORED

I miss the Forest game!

Betelgeuse

I think it must have been about 6 or 7 months ago or maybe even longer when I agreed to go on a family holiday. Its only a week and I havent been abroad for about 3 years so I thought ok, why not? Nice break in the sun, sounds good! I pretty much forgot about it until a few weeks ago when my mum came round giving me details of when, where, how much etc when i suddenly realised we gat back SUNDAY April 1st! I miss a City game do I? I quickly run and grab a program, looking down the fixtures, FOREST AT HOME, NOOOO!!! Cant believe it. I'm a season ticket holder but before anyone ask's my tickets have already been snapped up by very sympathetic (yeah right) family members.

This got me thinking, has anyone ever missed an important City game through reasons beyond there control? I also had to go to my cousin's wedding a few years ago, missing Tranmere at home. Who gets married on a saturday during the footy season? Honestly!

I think it must have been about 6 or 7 months ago or maybe even longer when I agreed to go on a family holiday. Its only a week and I havent been abroad for about 3 years so I thought ok, why not? Nice break in the sun, sounds good! I pretty much forgot about it until a few weeks ago when my mum came round giving me details of when, where, how much etc when i suddenly realised we gat back SUNDAY April 1st! I miss a City game do I? I quickly run and grab a program, looking down the fixtures, FOREST AT HOME, NOOOO!!! Cant believe it. I'm a season ticket holder but before anyone ask's my tickets have already been snapped up by very sympathetic (yeah right) family members.

This got me thinking, has anyone ever missed an important City game through reasons beyond there control? I also had to go to my cousin's wedding a few years ago, missing Tranmere at home. Who gets married on a saturday during the footy season? Honestly!

Its not THAT important we have 9 important matches to go and Forest is just one of them. don't fret theres Swansea and Yeovil to look forward to over the next few weeks.

Its not THAT important we have 9 important matches to go and Forest is just one of them. don't fret theres Swansea and Yeovil to look forward to over the next few weeks.

Yeah I know, its my own fault anyway! I'm just having visions of finding a dodgy spanish TV in a bar somewhere watching the scores coming in something like Bristol City 6 Nottingham Forest 0!! :noexpression:

I went to the Atlanta, Georgia, USA, a couple of years a ago with my family to visit a Bristol City friend. (TB Mutiny on this forum) As we were in flight Bristol City were playing QPR @ Home.

When we landed and i was making my way through Atlanta airport there was a sign being held up Bristol City 1 v QPR 0, Roberts, ??mins, By TB Mutiny :D :D

Me. I got married 5 months ago when City played Forest away. I am going to have to go through the rest of my life with the guilt that when she walked up the ailse i was discussing the City line up with my best man

I am going to have to go through the rest of my life with the guilt that when she walked up the ailse i was discussing the City line up with my best man

Why feel guilty about about that?!?!

I've missed two home games this season (both in September due to a friend's wedding in France and a trip to Gran Canaria). Prior to that, I hadn't missed a home game (inc all cups & friendlies) for over 5 seasons. I'm still pretty gutted that I missed two games regardless of my reasons for missing them. :disapointed2se:

I'm away for the Yeovile game which is a tad disappointing......

however the fact Ill be led next to a pool in a 5 star hotel in Cuba will help me get over it :sun:

This got me thinking, has anyone ever missed an important City game through reasons beyond there control?

Not quite beyond my control but when I was at school I had the chance to see this bird or go to a City home game in the Leyland DAF or whatever it was then. She was alright and I thought I had a chance of getting laid ........... OK so it was the area final but we had lost the first game 2-0 at Hereford so there wasn't much chance of a good night at AG.

Oh dear, we won 3-0 for one of the great nights in recent history.

Me. I got married 5 months ago when City played Forest away. I am going to have to go through the rest of my life with the guilt that when she walked up the ailse i was discussing the City line up with my best man

The time to get married is Friday April 20th in Gretna Green. The fact that Carlisle is only 10 miles away is irrelevant!

Not quite beyond my control but when I was at school I had the chance to see this bird or go to a City home game in the Leyland DAF or whatever it was then. She was alright and I thought I had a chance of getting laid ........... OK so it was the area final but we had lost the first game 2-0 at Hereford so there wasn't much chance of a good night at AG.

Oh dear, we won 3-0 for one of the great nights in recent history.

Could you not have taken her to the game with you? You get to watch city, she gets to see you, everyones a winner

That forest game will be the game of the season, I can't believe you are going to miss it. I will tell you all about when you get back. Anyway, don't worry about missing the Froest match, you are missing the quarter finals for Real :disapointed2se:

I missed the AWS final against Stoke as my old man booked a family holiday to portugal. The same old man also told me i was to young to go to the Frieght Rover Trophy finals at wembley (i wouldvbe been 8/9).

Surely there is a death sentence for such stupidity!!! :death::reaper:

I missed the Piss Pot Carlisle Final due to signing up for a Jolly Boys' Tour to Cork six months previously.

Many an unsuspecting Paddy out for a spot of afternoon drinking were converted into RedMen and baptised with the juice of the Holy Apple that day so I considered it Missionary work and a very selfless act.

:D

Ahh, fun days were those.

That forest game will be the game of the season, I can't believe you are going to miss it. I will tell you all about when you get back. Anyway, don't worry about missing the Froest match, you are missing the quarter finals for Real :disapointed2se:

I know, our 1st ever quarter final and I miss it! and Ging, and Browners, and dan, maybe we could just play it in Lanzarote instead??

February 26th 1989 was my 21st Birthday.........

It shouldn't take you long to work out that was the day we played Forest in the 2nd Leg of the league cup final at AG.

I'd been to every round that year Home and away but my parents (RIP) insisted that I would prefer to go out with them for a meal to clebrate my birthday and watch it on the telly after!.....tsh parents....can't live with em &c......

• Admin
Yeah I know, its my own fault anyway! I'm just having visions of finding a dodgy spanish TV in a bar somewhere watching the scores coming in something like Bristol City 6 Nottingham Forest 0!! :noexpression:

If we beat Forest 6-0 in your absence, I'll contribute £5 towards you staying away from the Swansea game.

I'm sure others will follow suit ;)

Archived