IGNORED

I need help from you city statos

dargla

Hi Guys

I work with a sad Glory hunter supporter of Arsenal - I think I read some where that back in the late 70's when City were in the old Div1 that we done the double in the league over Arsenal.

I have tried to find some evidence to back this up.

Am I right? If so where can I get the proof.

This glory hunter is doing my head in.

Hi Guys

I work with a sad Glory hunter supporter of Arsenal - I think I read some where that back in the late 70's when City were in the old Div1 that we done the double in the league over Arsenal.

First game of our first season back in the top flight we won 1-0 at highbury I believe Tom Ritchie was the goal scorer not sure about the home fixture

Hi Guys

First game of the 1976-77 season (21st August) at Highbury, City won 1-0. Paul Cheesley headed the only goal from Clive Whiteheads cross in the 65th minute. Attendance: 41,082.

The return fixture at Ashton Gate was on 22nd January and City won 2-0. Peter Cormack scored both goals (22nd and 63rd minutes). Attendance: 25,905.

Information from "Bristol City, The Modern Era. A Complete Record" by David Woods.

First game of the 1976-77 season (21st August) at Highbury, City won 1-0. Paul Cheesley headed the only goal from Clive Whiteheads cross in the 65th minute. Attendance: 41,082.

The return fixture at Ashton Gate was on 22nd January and City won 2-0. Peter Cormack scored both goals (22nd and 63rd minutes). Attendance: 25,905.

Information from "Bristol City, The Modern Era. A Complete Record" by David Woods.

Apologies for the goal scorer error. Only knew the result cos my dad and grandfather went and always mention it after a few tizers

• Admin

As depicted in this banner from otib :D

fb10.jpg

Archived