IGNORED

A reason for why we're so poor upfront

sacktheboard

All our strikers know that they're not good enough to play in the championship and therefore they have little motivation to get there.

GJ has openly criticised a number of them for their work rate and fitness, and I'm sure that they will be the first casualties of our promotion.

I think we need to seriously consider playing the remainder of the games with our midfielder players up front, and look to offload these work shy, trotters as soon as commercially possible.

Thoughts?

All our strikers know that they're not good enough to play in the championship and therefore they have little motivation to get there.

GJ has openly criticised a number of them for their work rate and fitness, and I'm sure that they will be the first casualties of our promotion.

I think we need to seriously consider playing the remainder of the games with our midfielder players up front, and look to offload these work shy, trotters as soon as commercially possible.

Thoughts?

Please can you 'name and shame' the work shy, trotters, in order that we can make a qualified judgement?

Whats that smell? Sniff, sniff. Ah i got it now. I smell GAS!

Looking at the nickname doesn't take much working out.

I AIN'T GAS

Why is it alright for the "intelligent" people on this board to voice their opinions, but when us lot want to we get shot down - it's tantamount to bullying :bruce_h4h:

Robbored, BristolBoy, Nevertothedarkside, Nibor etc. - they're treated like ###### royalty.

The rest of us want to voice our opinions - we get shot down in flames :disapointed2se:

Who are "We"?

If you have been here over the past few weeks you would have seen that Alan(robbored) has been abused from pillar to post. Very much not treated like royalty.

i'm all for giving opinions, but don't be surprised to be 'shot down' when what you say is utter tosh.

1) Our strikers have no ambition to get to the championship...hmm, let me think about that..RUBBISH

2) Work shy trotters.....if any of our players were consistently not pulling there weight GJ would have them out on loan at Torquay or playing in the reserves.

3) Drop all our strikers in favour of playing our midfielders up front.....speechless...just speechless.

Who are "We"?

If you have been here over the past few weeks you would have seen that Alan(robbored) has been abused from pillar to post. Very much not treated like royalty.

So, what, you agree with this bullying?

All I'm saying is that there seems to be a class system on this board, where certain members comments and opinions are valued higher than others, and that ain't right.

regular posters will get more respect that new ones. Thats the way the cookie crumbles I'm afraid.

Its like walking into a pub you've never been into before, tapping the regular old soaps on the shoulder and telling them how shit thier pub is. Your going to get funny looks!

All I'm saying is that there seems to be a class system on this board, where certain members comments and opinions are valued higher than others, and that ain't right.

What bullying? If you write tosh, expect to receive replies with opinions different to your own. This doesn't constitue bullying.

Why let it bother you? Football is all about opinions. There are some posters on here that talk alot of sense and posts I enjoy reading. Then again there are some which I don't bother reading. If it bothers you don't read it. People will slate peoples opinions on here but who cares? If we all agreed on everything it would be a pretty dull forum. As for your suggestions of putting midfielders in as strikers that is simply ludicrous. Was bad enough when Besty was tried as a striker but to put the likes of Skuse or Johnson as a striker? Ummm I don't think so.

1) Our strikers have no ambition to get to the championship...hmm, let me think about that..RUBBISH

Why is it rubbish? They have a very settled life in Bristol and in this league. There are many psychological studies that show that individuals never want to move outside of their comfort zone for fear of failling: Fear Of Failure

2) Work shy trotters.....if any of our players were consistently not pulling there weight GJ would have them out on loan at Torquay or playing in the reserves.

Would he? With our current injury situation I don't think he has that option.

3) Drop all our strikers in favour of playing our midfielders up front.....speechless...just speechless.

Funny, maybe you'd be less speechless if we removed the key goals that our midfielders and defenders scored whilst our forwards were not committed to the cause

• Admin
Robbored, BristolBoy, Nevertothedarkside, Nibor etc. - they're treated like ###### royalty.

The rest of us want to voice our opinions - we get shot down in flames :disapointed2se:

I wholeheartedly agree. I often find myself too scared to post :sofa:

if fairness nevertothedarkside is alright actually

Hardly treated like royalty though is he?!

Say what you think and believe nothing you read and you`ll be fine; who cares if you/we get shot down in flames anyway :dunno: I usually get completely ignored which is very hurtfull :sad26: (not really couldnt give a toss)

It's a hell of a leap from this forum to bringing the country to it's knees and perpetuating the class system.

A bit of an overreaction - like sack the board, or play the midfielders up front, especially as Jevons has scored 17 and Enoch 14.

I have never suggested we Sack The Board - that is just a sign in name I picked.

In the current promotion push almost all our key goals have come, not from our strikers, but from our midfield and defence. You played Keogh or Noble up front, you'd see fireworks

Tbh thoughts like this have crossed my mind occasionally. We know there are some players in the current squad that wont be good enough for the Championship so why would these players who are on very good money that they possibly wouldn't get elsewhere work there asses off for a season to get promotion to only be told at the end of the season that we are letting them go?

I have never suggested we Sack The Board - that is just a sign in name I picked.

In the current promotion push almost all our key goals have come, not from our strikers, but from our midfield and defence. You played Keogh or Noble up front, you'd see fireworks

And with Keogh up front, you'd see the bloke in the corner in row Z getting carried to hospital with a concussion! It's the sign of a good team if players from every position are scoring. How can you argue with 31 goals between two strikers? Theres still 8 games left so between them should hit 50 comfortably.

Mainly because you've just been smacked in the face by keogh attempting a shot on target.

At least he'd have a shot!

How many times have we seen Jevons or Showumni try and walk the ball over the line? Or Showumni unable to hold the ball up, or get on the end of a goal scoring cross?

I'm telling you, they're not championship players and they know it - I'd wager that the remaining 'key' goals of this season will come from our "championship ready" players, spread across the midfield and defense.

I don't know why they can't take a leaf out of Orr's book: At least he knows he's on his way out if we go up, but he'll have a cracking time playing the last few games in this division. :thumbsup:

I wholeheartedly agree. I often find myself too scared to post :sofa:

Hardly treated like royalty though is he?!

And why not? All hail King Nevertothedarkside I :worship2:

As official poet laureate to this message board, I hereby offer you my "Ode to King Nevertothedarkside I"

Old King Nevertothedarkside I

was a merry old soul

who though that local media coverage was biased.

He wrote to Radio Bristol

which he called Radio Bristol

and complained about Twentpence's bias

He also wrote e-mails to Sky TV

Asking why they showed Man United instead of City

and why they were so incredibly biased

Archived