IGNORED

That Tackle

Steve Watts

Don't know if it's been mentioned at all.....too many posts to look through!

But the tackle that presumable finished Matty off (seeing as he only played about three mins after that) was quite possibly the WORST tackle I've ever seen in a match I've been at. Absolutely disgraceful and a potential career ender. Quite how a) Matty got up and b) their guy stayed on the pitch, I'll never know.

Can't quite believe just how angry that tackle....no...assault...got me. Typically, as a flashpoint in the game, the West Match declined to show it. The animal should be given a lengthy ban for that....late, high and hard. The referee's performance (admittedly like our own) was an absolute joke. :angry::D:blink:

Apologies if it's been mentioned before, but I just had to have my little rant.

Guest Champagne Football

The ref was never going to send the guy off. The Oldham player was rolling around on the floor like he had been hit by a train. The ref, being the idiot he is, was always going to buy his sympathy and therefore only give a yellow.

Before the match people were sayin how poor this referee would be, so I can't say I was surprised he only gave a yellow. Hope Matty is fine for the Tranmere match or we might end up with another injury for the next few games.

Cole's got a red for a body check early in season.That bloke nearly cut Matty in half :angry:

The ref was poor,as warned, card happy showboater,our sunday league refs do a better job :P

If you read his stats,the thing he does worst on is "continuity".I dont think he took that whistle from out his a**e all game!! :D

It was a shocking tackle and you wouldn't have wished it on 1 of their players, let alone ours.

That said, it was only going to take something like that to get him subbed as Wilson was never going to do it. He was by far the worse player on the pitch, and that is saying a lot about how utterly poor he was!

I can't believe somebody can defend so well yet cannot play football! Of course, it's never going to help a player when they are so obviously not fit from the start.

Archived