IGNORED

Bristol City Swoop For Unknown Targetman

cheshire_red

typical Rivals b***ocks

used to be a decent website, however after all the excellent work done by RobF to make it one of the best websites & messageboard around, now it's just utter tosh

Why don't you put your keyboard where your mouth is then? Anyone can write a piece for the site as the fellow who wrote this did, ok?

typical Rivals b***ocks

used to be a decent website, however after all the excellent work done by RobF to make it one of the best websites & messageboard around, now it's just utter tosh

I'm sorry, I've got to stick up for Cheshire Red here. I've never met him but he does a bloody good job of providing an alternative, independent source of reading material for City fans. It is extremely hard work to keep something going week in, week out, as RobF knew. We tried it at The Incider and had to give up after a couple of years because it was simply too demanding, even for three of us, so I have plenty of admiration for CR. I get tired of people who try to do something constructive being criticised for it. If you don't like it, don't read it - or even better, help improve it by contributing. People who show commitment and try to do something positive to make being a City fan more interesting and less miserable deserve credit, not destructive criticism.

Keep up the good work, CR.

I'm sorry, I've got to stick up for Cheshire Red here. I've never met him but he does a bloody good job of providing an alternative, independent source of reading material for City fans. It is extremely hard work to keep something going week in, week out, as RobF knew. We tried it at The Incider and had to give up after a couple of years because it was simply too demanding, even for three of us, so I have plenty of admiration for CR. I get tired of people who try to do something constructive being criticised for it. If you don't like it, don't read it - or even better, help improve it by contributing. People who show commitment and try to do something positive to make being a City fan more interesting and less miserable deserve credit, not destructive criticism.

Keep up the good work, CR.

Agree wtih the above.

don't really agree with artical but raised a slight smile.

Well, it's hold my hands up time again! (if RedTop feels I'm out of order, then he probably has a point)

my first day back on for a bit ad I'm going on one again. I've been a massive fan of the NetCentre over the years (even if I have been waiting 6years for my profile to be published :( ) but I just feel that it at times in recent years has gone down hill and just been used at times as a mouthpiece to batter the club such as yesterdays article which just isn't need, ok the article is having a laugh, but just get sick of the constantly negativity about lack of transfer activitiy and everything connected with GJ/SL and this season.

Although I'm a massive fan of the team and the club, I've found myself in a position (and I know I'm not alone) where I have grown a dislike to vocal minority of the fan base who seem intent on causing more harm than good. I'm not against varied views, but am against the Constant Negativity from some and everything that the club does being subject to cynicism.

I will take up the offer of writing something soon for the netcentre I didn't realise that it was open to the public for making postings, won't be for a couple of weeks however as I'm on the verge of moving and will be temp losing my internet connection in the process

(note to everyone! never look at the forum if your buying a house and are screwed about by solicitors!!! :violin: )

Fair enough BH and you raise a few valid points and a few you wouldn't expect me to agree with.

The Net Centre is absolutely available, and always has been, for any City fan to express their personal view. Perhaps it is worth pointing out that The original idea of setting up a Bristol City Supporters Trust was first aired within articles on the Net Centre!

However, as with most 'Fanzine' type websites far more individuals will write criticising than praising, it is the nature of the beast. Just as it is well known that football club associated websites are far far busier after a defeat than a victory, otib being no exception.

I'm afraid I haven't got and have never had your personal profile to update. However, even if I did I don't have the original files to update the page from.

The Net Centre has been due a revamp and modernisation for a number of years, broken promise after broken promise from the owners has led to apathy amongst the 50 or so Editors that remain. I'm as guilty of that as anyone for sure. We won't be there come the start of next season.

Fair enough BH and you raise a few valid points and a few you wouldn't expect me to agree with.

The Net Centre is absolutely available, and always has been, for any City fan to express their personal view. Perhaps it is worth pointing out that The original idea of setting up a Bristol City Supporters Trust was first aired within articles on the Net Centre!

However, as with most 'Fanzine' type websites far more individuals will write criticising than praising, it is the nature of the beast. Just as it is well known that football club associated websites are far far busier after a defeat than a victory, otib being no exception.

I'm afraid I haven't got and have never had your personal profile to update. However, even if I did I don't have the original files to update the page from.

The Net Centre has been due a revamp and modernisation for a number of years, broken promise after broken promise from the owners has led to apathy amongst the 50 or so Editors that remain. I'm as guilty of that as anyone for sure. We won't be there come the start of next season.

was only kidding about that, probably best you don't, don't want reminding that I once possibly saw Peter Beadle and Lee Peacock as a first choice city striker force!

and people moan about our forwards now!

well, once moved I'll have a little think off something worthwhile to write up

Well, it's hold my hands up time again! (if RedTop feels I'm out of order, then he probably has a point)

my first day back on for a bit ad I'm going on one again. I've been a massive fan of the NetCentre over the years (even if I have been waiting 6years for my profile to be published :( ) but I just feel that it at times in recent years has gone down hill and just been used at times as a mouthpiece to batter the club such as yesterdays article which just isn't need, ok the article is having a laugh, but just get sick of the constantly negativity about lack of transfer activitiy and everything connected with GJ/SL and this season.

Although I'm a massive fan of the team and the club, I've found myself in a position (and I know I'm not alone) where I have grown a dislike to vocal minority of the fan base who seem intent on causing more harm than good. I'm not against varied views, but am against the Constant Negativity from some and everything that the club does being subject to cynicism.

I will take up the offer of writing something soon for the netcentre I didn't realise that it was open to the public for making postings, won't be for a couple of weeks however as I'm on the verge of moving and will be temp losing my internet connection in the process

(note to everyone! never look at the forum if your buying a house and are screwed about by solicitors!!! :violin: )

I too get p***ed off with constant negativity from a vocal few, which I think is counter-productive whinging rather than constructive criticism, but in fairness Cheshire Red (whose views I don't always agree with) isn't part of that. I read the article as a satirical dig at our own club rather than a rant, rather like the sort of thing I used to do with Huw and Tom in The Incider. Obviously not as funny as anything I wrote, but meant in the same vein.

As I say. my hat goes off to Cheshire Red for making the effort. And my hat will come off to you just as quickly when I read your future offering on the Rivals site.

Archived