IGNORED

no need for striker

red army

why is everyone going on about getting aloan striker, i know we havent got brooker and williams isnt good enough but i think we should have enough to go up. we've had the same strikers all season and were 2nd.i think we should get behind our current strikers. ok if we got up we will need new strikers, because as i said williams int good enough, and i don't think jevons has enough or the championship.but for now ithink we have enough to go up.

:fingerscrossed:

Brooker is now back in contention and he is always a goal threat when fit . Murray will also be back soon and he can always get us a goal out of nothing, we then also have Jevons and Showumni who have both been scoring regularly and JMW and Betsy are also quite capable of scoring, add to that the threat of Big McCoombe going up front if needed and Russell, Noble and Johnson weighing in with some goals from midfield i don't think were that badly off, i even think that Smith will get a goal before the end of the season to go with all the hard work he does .. The only outfield player i feel will never score is Skuse

So its not all doom and gloom that we didnt get a loan striker in and its too late to worry now.....

C.T.I.D

:city: :goingup: :city:

Brooker is now back in contention and he is always a goal threat when fit . Murray will also be back soon and he can always get us a goal out of nothing, we then also have Jevons and Showumni who have both been scoring regularly and JMW and Betsy are also quite capable of scoring, add to that the threat of Big McCoombe going up front if needed and Russell, Noble and Johnson weighing in with some goals from midfield i don't think were that badly off, i even think that Smith will get a goal before the end of the season to go with all the hard work he does .. The only outfield player i feel will never score is Skuse

So its not all doom and gloom that we didnt get a loan striker in and its too late to worry now.....

C.T.I.D

:city: :goingup: :city:

[/quote

I am also not so sure that we need this mythical striker some seem to think we are so short of. If he was available - and I am sure GJ would have done his homework - I think we would have done everything possible to bring him in. I think Gary's transfer dealings have generally been shrewd and when he genuinely feels there is a chance of making improvements he makes his move e.g. Popisil (sp?).

The fact is our two leading scorers have averaged a combined tally of a little short of 1 goal every 2 games they have played in, we have Betsy who I would say has yet to fire on all cylinders, Brooker and Murray are due back and are capable of scoring for fun in this league and we seem to be scoring more freely from other areas of the team too.

Complacency would be a dangerous thing at this stage of the season but surely there is room for a bit of well placed optimism?

Lets get behind the players we have got.

Archived