IGNORED

more than expected

Red Robin

I think my stats will be proven right tomorrow,I said we should take the largest following away from home after the Forest game tomorrow.

It all points to 2000+ singing and shouting the reds on.

Looking forward to it,let hope we come away with the points all three.

Looks like it will be the strongest side out on the pitch for a long while excluding Murray.

I think my stats will be proven right tomorrow,I said we should take the largest following away from home after the Forest game tomorrow.

Looks like it will be the strongest side out on the pitch for a long while excluding Murray.

I really hope your right RR but looking at ticket sales, i cant see there being more than 1300 up there.

Appx 700 tickets sold, five Cats Coaches-How does that add up to 2,000?

More like 1,000-1,300.

I really hope your right RR but looking at ticket sales, i cant see there being more than 1300 up there.

Lots going to pay on the day from what i have heard silly fools ,however be warned long lines of disgruntled fans waiting for a ticket,best buy before you go.

Well, there were 1200 at Crewe and only 4 coaches went. Coach 5 was being sold on Monday so they'll probably be more coaches going so that points to a fair few more than 1000-1300.

Crewe was easier to get to by car and train though.

Doncaster is further north than Sheffield????!!!!

Its 165 miles to sheffield and 180 to The Keepmoat. You'd have to average 75 miles and hour from start to finish to get there in 2 and half hours. It takes 2 hours 40 to get to sheffield on a good run, and thats going at 85 on the motorway!

2,1/2 - 3 hours is about right .Sheffield is further south hence closer to you ,but only by about 15 minutes . Cannot see anything other than a win for your goodselves tommorrow ,so probably worth the trip.

(saying that ,I said the same thing about Forest)

Have a safe trip.

Donny should take you approx 2 hours 30 minutes max.

Sheffield is further I have been there 4 times all at 2.5 hours.

There will be plenty there tomorrow more than at Crewe.

3 hours 9 minutes on rac routefinder and thats not including getting stuck on the m1!!

I thought we didn't have any strikers, 5 minutes ago?

all tickets in first batch ( north stand £18) sold out , approx 1,200

This afternoon City were selling second batch ( north-east stand £15)

many, many more going up to pay on the day,

pointing to an away following of over 2,000 :englandsmile4wf:

Thanks for that, let's hope the travelling faithfull aren't let down. :city:

Its 165 miles to sheffield and 180 to The Keepmoat. You'd have to average 75 miles and hour from start to finish to get there in 2 and half hours. It takes 2 hours 40 to get to sheffield on a good run, and thats going at 85 on the motorway!

JUST PUT SHEFF WED DETAIL IN TO TOM TOM

MILES FROM BRISTOL TO GROUND 182 MILES

MILES TO DONNYS GROUND 179 MILES

Get up there and support the reds.

If we take 2000 up there that would be a quality effort, here's hoping for another 3 points then we really are into a promotion run in with big crowds and exciting games!! come on you reds!

Agree my friend!! however IF we do lose or draw i really hope people relise that it still will be in our own hands with forest and yeovil to come to the gate!!

JUST PUT SHEFF WED DETAIL IN TO TOM TOM

MILES FROM BRISTOL TO GROUND 182 MILES

MILES TO DONNYS GROUND 179 MILES

Get up there and support the reds.

IF you didn't use Tom Tom, then you would find that Sheff Wed is a lot, lot nearer!!,

So geographically speaking, Doncaster is both further north, and further east than Sheffield.

:smartass:

I'm on the train from London, any idea how far the new ground is from the station? I'll also be in the queue for tickets....

By Train

Doncaster Station is just around three miles away so you are probably best taking a taxi to the ground. If you do have time on your hands and you fancy the long walk then the route from the railway station is not so clear to describe as that to Belle Vue, even from someone living in Doncaster.

Walking directions - follow the main roads as closely as possibly Turn right out of the station, following Trafford Way (A630). Suggest you cross over before you reach the roundabout. Take a left at the roundabout with the old bus station/multi storey car park opposite. (Crossing towards the left). Take the crossing and walk past the disused bus station on your right. There is a crossing near the next road junction. Take that, turn right and pass a swimming baths and then the tall Council House on your left. Keep on the left hand side at the next roundabout. Cross over at the next roundabout, there is a pedestrian crossing just to the left. Follow the yellow signs for the stadium from there, tuning left at the next roundabout. YoU will pass a Tesco depot on your right, and the Royal Mail sorting office on your left. Continue to follow the road round to the right.

An enhanced bus service provided by First Bus (Services 72 & 75) will be in operation. These routes will start and terminate at the Frenchgate Bus Interchange adjacent to the Railway Station that takes just over 5 minutes depending on traffic. The cost should be around £1 for an adult. For details of public transport timetables please visit South Yorkshire Travelwise. There are two stops outside the ground. For away supporters with tickets, get off at the first, if you haven't - get off at the second for the ticket office, as everyone needs to obtain a ticket for entrance.

:tv_horror:

Just for the record going up we did it in 2 hours 20 minutes.

coming back you aint gona believe it 2 hours 10 minutes.

to North Bristol coming of at Thornbury junction.

p.s there was loads of city there anything between 1800 to 2000 may be more ?

Archived