IGNORED

ashton gate...

with all this talk of of the sags transforming their ground in to some state-of-the-art 18,000 seater stadium, does any think that this will put pressure on our board to either redevelop ashton gate?

few things I'm interested in knowing from fellow city fans are things like, do you feel the gate needs to be developed? will there be any jealousy in the sags having a new ground (not that i expect people to admit this one!)? does it show ambition or would you rather the money went on transfer fee's and wages? who would prefer us to move away from bs3 full stop and build a new ground from scratch? is there any point in a new groung when you can only half fill the one we currently have? and any other views you may have...

i think it was a 'boro fan who said on here before we played them at the gate in the cup that they were looking forward to coming down to the gate because it a traditional football ground. is this a good thing or is it time to move on?

thoughts please...

with all this talk of of the sags transforming their ground in to some state-of-the-art 18,000 seater stadium, does any think that this will put pressure on our board to either redevelop ashton gate?

few things I'm interested in knowing from fellow city fans are things like, do you feel the gate needs to be developed? will there be any jealousy in the sags having a new ground (not that i expect people to admit this one!)? does it show ambition or would you rather the money went on transfer fee's and wages? who would prefer us to move away from bs3 full stop and build a new ground from scratch? is there any point in a new groung when you can only half fill the one we currently have? and any other views you may have...

i think it was a 'boro fan who said on here before we played them at the gate in the cup that they were looking forward to coming down to the gate because it a traditional football ground. is this a good thing or is it time to move on?

thoughts please...

I think we should redevelop the East End! We need a bigger ground ready, dare l say it, for the championship.

We have proven it 3/4 times already this season that we can sell out to teams like Notts, Boro and even the sags, so l think we should expand.

As for your comment on spending the money on players etc it doesnt really work like that, you don't just shell the money out, its like having a mortgage l believe.

thoughts please...

I am totally against moving away from Ashton Gate, it is our home and represents South Bristol for me, set in amongst the streets with all the pubs around the ground etc. I would hate us to be playing in a souless new stadium on the outskirts like many clubs now. I think we do need to redevelop some of it now though, especially with the rovers getting the go ahead, It's a shame that when the Ateyo stand was built it was done so badly because in truth in the current climate the dolman is the only stand worth keeping. in my opinion.

i love a g its home, i love all the nooks and crannys that you wont get from a new stadium,in an ideal world i would liketo see something like the ateo on top of the ee keeping the low roof on the ee thus giving us a better atmosphere ,,, btw i know nothing about building things so i could be talking crap :dunno:

Archived