IGNORED

Scunthorpe

fanjita

Do most people agree that Scunny's automatic promotion hopes are not as good now as we all were thinking a few weeks ago?

Although they are on a 17 match unbeaten run their lead is being cut every week and both us and Forest must feel that they are most definately not home and dry yet.

This is the beauty of the three points for a win, where one good win and two defeats is better than three draws.

The way i look at it, we have to worry about our own games and just hope resulst go our way and not rely on it, with 7 games left, the crucial ones are Forrest and Yeovil, draws would be good but wins would be better, we can't lose thats essential. That leaves Swansea who could be tough one, still fighting for a playoff spot the players hatred is high and its a team we have normally drawn or lost agaisnt in the past. As fro Rotherham they are leaking like a sieve so we want to give the fans a day to remember on the last day. Gillingham are a team I would expect us to beat and so are Millwall. carlisle we should also beat. Looking on 3 draws 4 wins, would give us 15 pts and that would be good enough. If we beat Forrest and Yeovil I think we can afford a draw against Swansea.

Personally I think we will be promoted at Carlisle after we beat them, as I think we will have beaten forrest and have a 7pts stop gap then. Of which afterwards as long as we draw with Swansea and beat gillingham and yeovil, we should be able to go up north and enjoy a promotion day away, before beating millwall at the den and then win the league at home on the final day.

well it would be nice wouldn't it.

Do most people agree that Scunny's automatic promotion hopes are not as good now as we all were thinking a few weeks ago?

Although they are on a 17 match unbeaten run their lead is being cut every week and both us and Forest must feel that they are most definately not home and dry yet.

This is the beauty of the three points for a win, where one good win and two defeats is better than three draws.

totally true.... i think if we beat forest and scunny stutter again forest will go up with us

But if we beat Forest they will be a minimum of 6 points and a max of 9 behind Scunny with 6 games left. So I don't follow your logic?

Hello City fans :surrender:

I do think Scunny is the team that will fail. Billy Sharp is suspended for 3 games and they have lost their mojo.

Watch the highlight and see how we played yesterday, if we turn out the same team and attitude next week, you boys will have a game on to beat us.

How did you play yesterday?

Roll on next week reds.gif

I do think Scunny is the team that will fail. Billy Sharp is suspended for 3 games and they have lost their mojo.

Funky, i would love both City and Forest to go up automatic, but next week match is a huge huge game and a win for us will def put us in poll position.

You guys simply cannot lose, its going to be nervous nervous nervous for the 90 mins

Watch the highlight and see how we played yesterday, if we turn out the same team and attitude next week, you boys will have a game on to beat us.

How did you play yesterday?

We played like a bunch of frankensteins on a day out to Brighton beach - but results count and we picked up another huge, massive, immense and beautiful 3 points.

We still have the cushion, anything other than a loss on Saturday would be a good result. However, we don't play for draws....

Should be a great game.

As usual the original topic has been hijacked by something totally different.

I started this by talking about S****horpe and their chances of automatic pro mo, and now we are discussing Billy Sharpe.

If you want to discuss Billy Sharpe and his pending suspension (or not) start another thread, whilst I agree that this player's 'suspension' would affect their chances of automatic promotion it is not what the thread was started for.

I started this by talking about S****horpe and their chances of automatic pro mo, and now we are discussing Billy Sharpe.

If you want to discuss Billy Sharpe and his pending suspension (or not) start another thread, whilst I agree that this player's 'suspension' would affect their chances of automatic promotion it is not what the thread was started for.

How is S****horpes key player being suspended (or not) not relevant to whether they'll go up?

Lighten up dude....... this is a football forum....... there are people out there in the world with real things to worry about

• Admin

I started this by talking about Scunthorpe and their chances of automatic pro mo, and now we are discussing Billy Sharpe.

Well having scanned Scunny's remaining fixtures I can't see them finishing on more than 88points. So, 5 wins and we might actually win the title!

We are quite happy talking about Sharpe. YOU go away and start another thread, we are quite comfortable here thanks.

Archived