IGNORED

Suggestions please

JudgeRed

Ok apart from class football which is what we all would like to see of course. Alot of people were saying on here how embarrassed they were with the entertainment Bristol City fc gave out to the crowd before the Rovers game. (Eg The Mexican wave. The shouting of 'Come on you Reds' ect)

This coming saturday City play Forest in front of a sell out crowd so what entertainment would entertain you before the game started and at half time.?

Sensible suggestions only please. somone from the club could be reading this thread and think 'hey that could work lets try that idea'.

Ok apart from class football which is what we all would like to see of course. Alot of people were saying on here how embarrassed they were with the entertainment Bristol City fc gave out to the crowd before the Rovers game. (Eg The Mexican wave. The shouting of 'Come on you Reds' ect)

This coming saturday City play Forest in front of a sell out crowd so what entertainment would entertain you before the game started and at half time.?

Sensible suggestions only please. somone from the club could be reading this thread and think 'hey that could work lets try that idea'.

Introduce the City eleven, who were the last side to defeat Forest in the League, 1-0, on Saturday, December 14, 1974.

Big Cheese scored the winner.

It's hard to do any entertainment that isn't just a backdrop.

If the club genuinely want to add something that will bring people in then put on something that people would come and watch even if the football weren't on.

I went to one of series of summer racedays put on by Ascot about four years ago, following the racing they put on a free concert. The day I went it was the Human League who were great. Had it not been for the concert I might have gone to Kempton (easier to get to) or not bothered.

Now if Ascot races can do that so can City. Put on a name band, or a tribute, at 1.30pm playing their greatest hits for an hour or so. They're not expensive to book.

Why should the club have to put on some form of entertainment before the kick-off? Just to satisfy the people who only turn up for the big games?... No!

For any fan of football the entertainment starts at 3:00pm (or at least should!?!).

Anyone remember a time when you made your own entertainment?

Personally i go for the football and as long as i'm stood with some like minded people i am more than capabale of generating my own atmosphere.

I find most pre match entertainment these days embarrasing and am far happier having a pint and a sing song.

Why should the club have to put on some form of entertainment before the kick-off? Just to satisfy the people who only turn up for the big games?... No!

For any fan of football the entertainment starts at 3:00pm (or at least should!?!).

Umm... to make it more of an event so that more people see it as a good afternoon out to which you can take your family and friends (and go some way to justifying the ticket price).

If you want football to be all flat caps and wooly scarfs then can i recommend the Isthmian League (Divsion 2).

Umm... to make it more of an event so that more people see it as a good afternoon out to which you can take your family and friends (and go some way to justifying the ticket price).

If you want football to be all flat caps and wooly scarfs then can i recommend the Isthmian League (Divsion 2).

Quality! :rofl2br:

You sound like you love your football!

Oh please God no!

Please don't let that announcer do it again this weekend. I'm not even in the East End this Saturday, so won't be able to hide my embarrassment behind a well placed pillar! :shocking:

Good point. Although my entertainment begins at about 1:15-1:30 when i get in the Red and White bar (supporters club to be pedantic)

Get The Wurzels on the pitch before the game stoking up the crowd, It always works...

The best pre-match entertainment i have seen at Ashton would have to be The PG Tips Monkeys dressed in City Shirts on the pitch in the old first division days (premiership now) one of them was obviously a bit frightened by the large crowd and was crapping everywhere..

Get The Wurzels on the pitch before the game stoking up the crowd, It always works...

The best pre-match entertainment i have seen at Ashton would have to be The PG Tips Monkeys dressed in City Shirts on the pitch in the old first division days (premiership now) one of them was obviously a bit frightened by the large crowd and was crapping everywhere..

What about Wolfy and the 3 pigs? There has to be a video clip on utube somewhere? :dancing6:

Some great suggestions on here keep sending them in everyone.

Would love that!

The thing which would beat all entertainment hands down would be to have the ol' fellas whipping up the red army with full blooded renditions of the city classics prior to kick off! Would be fun AND drive our lads forwards to come out to a rousing chorus of "Drink up..." or "One for..."! They seemed to love getting a visit off the ol' boys earlier in the season!

What about Wolfy and the 3 pigs? There has to be a video clip on utube somewhere? :dancing6:

It there is I'd love to know where it is, cause I had it on video for ages but it got taped over! Had mates from around the country/world cracking up with laughter many a time did that little fracas!

4 poofs and a piano from the Jonathan Ross show playing a medley of football songs, followed by a cowpat tossing contest and a drinking cider out of Keeley Hawes navel competion for season ticket holders called Andy from Taunton....... :innocent06::innocent06::innocent06::innocent06:

Hells teeth! That's far too sensible WRH - shame on you!

What about S h a g Connors and the Carrot Crunchers singing a medley of City songs that noone remembers, because they're not the Wurzels.

Mind you, they'll have to drop the word S h a g from the name, it's far too irresponsible. Safe Sex, or Careful Copulation and the Carrot Crunchers would be far more appropriate.

That Mexican wave was the most embarrassing moment I've ever witnessed at City. I'm not big on pre-match entertainment but I understand it's something

for the kids and families. If there must be some then it should be young kids playing football from city and forest, or perhaps the race they sometimes

used to have around the edge of the pitch.

Please stop the really loud music right up to kick off as I think it ruins the

few minutes we actually sing prior to the start!

And god, no more Amarillo.

Get the Wurzels to sing Drink Up Thee Cider as the teams are in the tunnel, then, as they're running out, One for the Bristol City. Not only would it get the palyers fired up as they run out, but get the atmosphere in the stands sky high!

Spot on!!! Anything to remind the visitors they are in foreign territory.

Get the Wurzels to sing Drink Up Thee Cider as the teams are in the tunnel, then, as they're running out, One for the Bristol City. Not only would it get the palyers fired up as they run out, but get the atmosphere in the stands sky high!

Couldn't agree more. Played both songs yesterday, after watching McCombes goal, and they put shivers up my back.

In fact, with Giles_23_bcfc permission, I'd like to start a poll in another thread.

Lewis

...personally cant stand the 'goal celebration music' Americanisation at football matches, but if we MUST have it I reckon we could do far worse than a quick 'one line' burst from The Wurzels each time we score....

#ONE for the Bristol City# -for the first goal

#TWO for the Boys In Red# -for the second goal

#THREE for the Lads At Ashton Gate# -third goal

if & when we score four or more goals they can play all of 'The Star Spangled Banner' for all I care - cos we'd be making so much noise of our own we wouldnt hear it anyway!! :)

Archived